GT Academy July 2013!!

I've decided to use the wheel for GTA this year. Why not learn the new physics with a wheel rather than the 'ol DS3? :)

I've decided to use the wheel for GTA this year. Why not learn the new physics with a wheel rather than the 'ol DS3? :)

If I can find a cheap little desk to clamp my wheel on with no center post (currently the only thing that's keeping me from using the wheel more regularly on the PS3), then I'll do the same.

thanks guys i am heel toeing evey day on the road but as you say scooty you're not often getting the same forces on the road gonna start wearing the sparco race boots every time i get in the car lol
I am using an old e36 bmw on 235/40 tyres 200hp with abs fussed and you get rear end lockups on that so reckon it good cheap practice
I am gonna be at heatherton karting centre for most of june lol

dessy euromillions tonight so lemans 2014 might still be on 👍

New here, was let down to know that canada has not yet been included but i was reading the post and it says this " with more countries than ever before participating and the online gaming element of the competition set to be run in July on a demo of the hotly-anticipated Gran Turismo®6 game exclusively on PlayStation®3. "

Heres hoping Canada gets in.

Exactly what is Canada's rules regarding contests? I'd like to see if I can figure out what is it about the rules that prevent it from being in GT Academy.

Just out of interest for those of us who are looking to have a crack at it this year (provided our country is included!) did the judges at Silverstone and the judges in the national finals extrapolate from what a competitor could potentially achieve within the time-frame given in terms of driving when they decide who go through to the next stage (so 1 week for race camp and I'm guessing 2 days for the new format national finals)?

Sorry, but the way you asked that question made me shake my head a few times and I still don't get what you mean, could you rephrase it for clarity?

Sorry, but the way you asked that question made me shake my head a few times and I still don't get what you mean, could you rephrase it for clarity?

Oops, kinda wrote my previous post in the early hours of the morning after F1 quali.

Basically what I meant was will the judges pick the outright fastest guys to go through or will they also consider the ones who are quite close to the top guys but improved massively over the day to go through the next stage once the virtual part of the competition is over?

If you managed to get that far, even being ineligible, I'd give it full effort. Good luck this year. 👍
I plan to give it alot of dedication. However i wish they will switch up the format. Last years was stupid with only the final round counting for anything.

Racer X is going to be at E3 this year, lucky bastards!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....189791117722658.39476.160998183935285&type=1

"Compete for the first of 32 spots"

Different this year, kind of cool. We'll know who's Racer X before the time trials even start.

Oops, kinda wrote my previous post in the early hours of the morning after F1 quali.

Basically what I meant was will the judges pick the outright fastest guys to go through or will they also consider the ones who are quite close to the top guys but improved massively over the day to go through the next stage once the virtual part of the competition is over?

European regional finals have always competed based on a scoring mechanism. You get scored on each side of the event: media, driving, virtual racing.

There's not much room for consideration really. So I'd say they only pick the best guys there, they're not looking for improvement at that stage.

Racer X is going to be at E3 this year, lucky bastards!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....189791117722658.39476.160998183935285&type=1

"Compete for the first of 32 spots"

Different this year, kind of cool. We'll know who's Racer X before the time trials even start.

European regional finals have always competed based on a scoring mechanism. You get scored on each side of the event: media, driving, virtual racing.

There's not much room for consideration really. So I'd say they only pick the best guys there, they're not looking for improvement at that stage.

Wow that's annoying. I happen to have no work in June except on the exact same days as E3. Maybe I'll be able to get a run or 2 in the day I fly out but why oh why of all times does it have to be then?:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Everything that stopped me from competing last year has been all sorted out! I look forward to seeing some familiar faces hopefully this year, I'll definitely be throwing my hat in the ring :) Look for my video submission in the next 2 days as well ;)

Everything that stopped me from competing last year has been all sorted out! I look forward to seeing some familiar faces hopefully this year, I'll definitely be throwing my hat in the ring :) Look for my video submission in the next 2 days as well ;)

If anyone deserve it the most, it is you.

In other news... ONLY TWO DAYS! That is not much time...

Nope, only 16. :( But that's ok, because I'm going to begin to use the wheel when the GT6 Demo comes out. New game, new controller. :)
Booo get older faster man! Glad to hear it!

If anyone deserve it the most, it is you.

In other news... ONLY TWO DAYS! That is not much time...

Thanks man :) I've been training and preparing for the last year, have alot of unfinished business to attend to lol :P

I think there is an error on the page. The rules state the contest ends June 2nd and the timer says the contest ends on the 30th (two days from now).

GTPorsche
So, the wild card racer is someone they pick based on their wheel setup?

Is that suppose to be a joke?

No the people they pick just get trips to the racer x event. Anyone can show up those five just get special treatment or at least that's what I understand.

Well, it's still odd that a sub-contest of a skills contest doesn't involve skill to get invited.

Media is part of being a pro-driver. If you get through based on this then you'll ace all the media tests they might have in the national final/race camp.

Back