GT Academy July 2013!!

Silverstone National? I'm surprised they went with such a short track

Why? A big technical track would be too difficult to get used to on short nortice, and wouldn't be as fun for the lesser experienced just itching to play GT6. Plus National is a fun little circuit...espeically in real life...in the R35 ;) I under TRC Loco is in 2nd.

GO TRC!

Whats up guys!

First i want to say that this game is a step in the right direction from sony. Although it is only a demo, it is still very impressive. The physics are very good. Although from my experience, the cars have a tendency of understeering.

As for the competition, i want to make it to the top 32 to keep the trend going for TRC. This will be our 3rd year in a row to have a member in the finals.

With that being said, i know i will have tough opposition. I am looking forward to taking a few tenths off my lap. Looking forward to racing Crider, Hillracing, and the rest of the fast guys.

I will try to keep GTP updated with lap times tomorrow.

Last edited:
Whats up guys!

First i want to say that this game is a step in the right direction from sony. Although it is only a demo, it is still very impressive. The physics are very good. Although from my experience, the cars have a tendency of understeering.

As for the competition, i want to make it to the top 32 to keep the trend going for TRC. This will be our 3rd year in a row to have a member in the finals.

With that being said, i know i will have tough opposition. I am looking forward to taking a few tenths off my lap. Looking forward to racing Crider, Hillracing, and the rest of the fast guys.

Good to see the TRC boys are still together after all of these years! 👍

Very nice to hear about the physics 👍

Good luck guys, and cheers for keeping us updated, especially those on this side of the pond :D!

Whats up guys!

I'm pulling for ya wether its through racer x or through the actual demo comp. Whats up with letting me roll with yall as TRC for the Academy and beyond. TRC Jersey sounds pretty good.

I'm pulling for ya wether its through racer x or through the actual demo comp. Whats up with letting me roll with yall as TRC for the Academy and beyond. TRC Jersey sounds pretty good.

Whats up Jersey! How been man.

Yea, you in TRC does sound good man. You defenetly go my vote.

Who's Nick?

ahhh, this is making me more tense than I thought!
Times are super close in the top three!
Thanks for the update Armen.

Come on guys, you can make up most of the time in the shortcut-transfer, turn 3-4. Just concentrate on that, especially important to get as much speed on exit for that big Wellington straight afterward.

Last edited:
Actually, Chris is Hillracing.

Armen is Locoarmen.

Nick is a mystery

Times are are closer now

Nicholas Sladecsek 1:02.242
Patrick Crider 1:02.275
Christopher Hill 1:02.294
Armen Aghakhan 1:02.486
Joshep Lauro 1:02.521(Blkj_Evolution)

Its very intense.

Last edited:
Results ended the same as the times previously posted.

I had a scare when Joseph took 4th from me beating my time by 0.014.

Luckily i was able to come back and set a time that was enough to take me through. The last 1 hour was the longest and most stressful 1 hr of my life. Joseph was very close to taking it back from me but he wasnt able to improve by 6pm.

Really cool to see Nick's name up there. He's a friend I met while competing for a spot in the Red Bull kart race at PRI a couple years ago.

http://ekartingnews.com/news_info.php?n=19562

We qualified for the amateur race from our local indoor kart track and he's a seriously quick driver. It would be awesome to see Nick qualify but I'm kinda conflicted. I want to see Patrick to get in too since he really deserves it.

Times are are closer now

Nicholas Sladecsek 1:02.242
Patrick Crider 1:02.275
Christopher Hill 1:02.294
Armen Aghakhan 1:02.486
Joshep Lauro 1:02.521(Blkj_Evolution)

Its very intense.

This is sad to see that they haven't learned from last year that they need to use something VERY difficult when they are looking for top drivers. 3 guys running 1:02.2 when they only had a few tries at it means it was simply too simple a test. Who is to say who is really better with those times? Doesn't leave much hope that the time trials will not have a similar issue again this year.

Now if it was a longer track, perhaps the entire Silverstone at the very least, you may be able to actually have some significant distinction between them.

Did they just announce that on the live stream? I'm on in-flight wi-fi at the moment and can't view the stream.

Arman is the champ.

That DQ was pretty harsh... they really should define the invalid zones to the competitors.

Last edited:
July 2nd you can download the demo.

Wow, that's a lot sooner then the July 11th date I heard a few times. Gotta get my PS3 fixed much sooner now.

Latest Posts

Back