GT Academy prize cars

• Thread starter GTP_Monkey
  • 318 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one question. Why are people waiting for the prize cars so much? I mean, apart from the fact that they have the Academy decals on the car, they are identical to cars you could also buy from the Premium Dealership in GT5.

2 exemptions:

- 370Z Tuned. Can only get it through Level 12 ticket.
- GT-R Tuned. This is really new.

I'll actually drive the Silvia. The leaf I never changed into it. Also driven the Leaf only once from the DLC.
Here's mine in action.
NrburgringGP_F.jpg

Last edited:
Just one question. Why are people waiting for the prize cars so much? I mean, apart from the fact that they have the Academy decals on the car, they are identical to cars you could also buy from the Premium Dealership in GT5.

2 exemptions:

- 370Z Tuned. Can only get it through Level 12 ticket.
- GT-R Tuned. This is really new.

I got this one, guys. People are waiting because they've been forced to wait. If you're implying/applying a value or worth to the cars well, that's purely personal but may be reasonably attached to the fact that some want each of their 1000(+ or - 5000) cars to have simple aesthetic differences. This is not to say one MUST play the game this way or imply a right or wrong.

EDIT:Also, with each car comes the bragging rights of I earned this while others couldn't--this has value to some mind you, especially the 370Z Tuned '08 2012(license plate). Once again no right or wrong just a simple preference.

Last edited:
USARMYCOMBATVET
I got this one, guys. People are waiting because they've been forced to wait. If you're implying/applying a value or worth to the cars well, that's purely personal but may be reasonably attached to the fact that some want each of their 1000(+ or - 5000) cars to have simple aesthetic differences. This is not to say one MUST play the game this way or imply a right or wrong.

EDIT:Also, with each car comes the bragging rights of I earned this while others couldn't--this has value to some mind you, especially the 370Z Tuned '08 2012(license plate). Once again no right or wrong just a simple preference.

You sir, are my new literary hero! 👍 :D

Also wanted to add that the academy cars seem to have like 1 or more PP. Why this is I have no idea but thats whats showing up on my specs.

DragonGT83
Also wanted to add that the academy cars seem to have like 1 or more PP. Why this is I have no idea but thats whats showing up on my specs.

Thought everybody knew, GTA stickers make cars faster. ;)

Do all the cars only come in the one color? I got the Silvia in a dark blue and the Leaf in a light blue. I know you can't trade them, but just curious.

CAM
Do all the cars only come in the one color? I got the Silvia in a dark blue and the Leaf in a light blue. I know you can't trade them, but just curious.

You can Chang color

I know you can paint them, but I wanted to know if they came in more than one stock color, like the GT-R SpecV and Tuned 370Z that came with the game.

CAM
I know you can paint them, but I wanted to know if they came in more than one stock color, like the GT-R SpecV and Tuned 370Z that came with the game.

Go into a one make race and see what colours they come in. Its most likely they will come in the other colours that the car comes stock in from factory.

That's an idea. I'm not near my PS3 though. I just figured it would only be one color because everyone only used one color of each car during the actual contest.

Well that's unfortunate for those who want to collect, since there's no way to.

That's what I was asking. I was fairly sure it'd be the same color universally, but I just wanted to make sure.

CAM

My Leaf and the Silvia are the same color - Aurora Flare Blue Pearl (2P). Are you sure your cars are different shades of blue? If so what are the names of the colors?

Nope..blue here too,but did we not "race" them in different colour's during the academy? I swear I saw red,white and yellow ones in some of the higher challenges.

I know it's not the same when you have to paint the car, but I'm sure the other colours are all just factory colours, so you can simply buy the car in the dealership and get the paint chip.

Although I was hoping these would be collectible also, I have a feeling that even if they came in different colors, PD would have made them untrade-able like DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back