Engine and Oil filter change
Sparkplug and Ignition Leads Replacement
Mechanical Rebuilds
Car wash and Polish Facility
Dyno or Rolling Road
Wind Tunnel measuring downforce and Coeffiecent of drag
Engine Transplant/swap
Auto Accessories

Apolagise for changing the thread before.

Last edited:
Tbh I'd rather they fixed things like standards, picture in picture or livery editors before they worried about GT auto

I don't see your point in having a rolling road.

This would tell you an estimate of the engine power. Why would you need this when you can see the actual engine power in the data on screen?!

You want us to be able to replace spark plugs and HT leads? For the love of bacon why?!?!

This is a game, it's meant to be fun.

When installing (air filters or remove the cat etc...) would you know the power and torque figures within the rev range (RPM) accurately? Never, it's always an estimate until the engine is tested and measured on a dyno.

When installing (air filters or remove the cat etc...) would you know the power and torque figures within the rev range (RPM) accurately? Never, it's always an estimate until the engine is tested and measured on a dyno.

But this is a game. There are no physical air filters or cats, just lines of code calculating values. So why would you need a visual dyno mode, everything is calculated already.

But this is a game. There are no physical air filters or cats, just lines of code calculating values. So why would you need a visual dyno mode, everything is calculated already.

Not just a visual dynamometer, an active one that lets you test your engine precisely instead of giving some random figures instantly. We modify and then we pay to measure the results. It's another way to expand the gameplay even further and liven up GT Auto, in my opinion.

ak101
Not just a visual dynamometer, an active one that lets you test your engine precisely instead of giving some random figures instantly.

What figures are random?

This is how I would like it to go down

GT Auto Services

1. Brake Pad & Rotor Change (needed every 500 miles, 5% max loss of braking power, 1% after 100 miles, 2% after 200 miles etc)
  2. Engine Rebuild (Price for rebuild on a fresh engine increases gradually until it maxes out after 1,000 miles. No more flat fees.)
  3. Chassis Restoration (again like the engine rebuild the price increases gradually up to 1,000 miles)
  4. Fix Body Damage
  5. Oil & Filter
  6. Car Wash

To speed up the process have an option to do everything at the same time even on multiple cars if you wish with no animations. Also make all GT Auto features possible at the race track or even during a pitstop

A Dyno should be in "Machine Test". It would be nice to be given control over fuel mixture and timing

GT Auto Services

1. Brake Pad & Rotor Change (needed every 500 miles, 5% max loss of braking power, 1% after 100 miles, 2% after 200 miles etc)
  2. Engine Rebuild (Price for rebuild on a fresh engine increases gradually until it maxes out after 1,000 miles. No more flat fees.)
  3. Chassis Restoration (again like the engine rebuild the price increases gradually up to 1,000 miles)
  4. Fix Body Damage
  5. Oil & Filter
  6. Car Wash

To speed up the process have an option to do everything at the same time even on multiple cars if you wish with no animations. Also make all GT Auto features possible at the race track or even during a pitstop

A Dyno should be in "Machine Test". It would be nice to be given control over fuel mixture and timing

Sounds really good 👍

GT Auto Services

4. Fix Body Damage
  5. Oil & Filter
  6. Car Wash

Why? Where is the fun in any of that? Why make owning a virtual car a chore?

Why? Where is the fun in any of that? Why make owning a virtual car a chore?

It seems there are two groups of thinkers on GTP

70% LINK want to maintain their car to give a greater feeling of ownership and unique identity to their cars.

15% want every car to be identical and dont want to maintain it. Its like buying a virtual pet simulator but not wanting to have to feed it or give it a bath.

GT Auto Possible List:

Mechanical Rebuilds
Dyno or Rolling Road
Auto Accessories

I want none of these things. By this I don't mean that I just simply don't want them, but that I want to not have them. I don't even want them there as an options, but rather don't want them in the game at all. This is just more bullcrap that nobody in their right mind would enjoy. Nobody of sound mind enjoyed the oil changes or car washes in GT5, and going even further with even more bullcrap is just adding more garbage to the heap.

I'm all for having a menu that tells me dyno results or downforce information. I had something along these lines in Forza, where I ask the game to give me my car's performance results under its current configuration and tuning setup and it produces data for acceleration (0 - 30, 0 - 60, and 0 -100 I think), stopping distance from a certain speed, lateral Gs, and top speed, off the top of my head, and in the tuning menu I see a downforce figure. I don't need bullcrap laboratories and whatnot for these things. Just give me the data without me needing to pretend that I'm going to an engineer to put the car on a dyno or into a wind tunnel.

It seems there are two groups of thinkers on GTP

70% LINK want to maintain their car to give a greater feeling of ownership and unique identity to their cars.

15% want every car to be identical and dont want to maintain it. Its like buying a virtual pet simulator but not wanting to have to feed it or give it a bath.

53 total voters is a tiny demographic.

Yeah who needs cars and tracks to enjoy a racing game, what we need is a virtual garage to change our spark plugs. 👎

As you may know GT5 is a limited game, despite having 1000 cars and 20 or so tracks for racing. It just isn't good enough is it?

As you may know GT5 is a limited game, despite having 1000 cars and 20 or so tracks for racing. It just isn't good enough is it?

And you think the game would be less limited by adding these garage options? No, what the game needs are more races and events primarily, not silly things like this.

And you think the game would be less limited by adding these garage options? No, what the game needs are more races and events primarily, not silly things like this.

With the addition of more events and races, you clearly think it's silly that a virtual car should'nt be maintained, serviced and repaired after races. That don't make any sense. :crazy:

With the addition of more events and races, you clearly think it's silly that a virtual car should'nt be maintained, serviced and repaired after races. That don't make any sense. :crazy:

In a GAME i'm playing for FUN, no.

Maybe they should add gun maintenance to shooting games. After a few rounds you have to strip them all down and clean them up. Or maybe during a Metal Gear Solid game we should have Snake clean his night vision goggles after they get a bit dirty.

It's stupid, you're not maintaining anything because it's just a game and the cars don't exist, you're pressing buttons to simulate it and that isn't fun.

In a GAME i'm playing for FUN, no.

Maybe they should add gun maintenance to shooting games. After a few rounds you have to strip them all down and clean them up. Or maybe during a Metal Gear Solid game we should have Snake clean his night vision goggles after they get a bit dirty.

It's stupid, you're not maintaining anything because it's just a game and the cars don't exist, you're pressing buttons to simulate it and that isn't fun.

It's called virtual vehicle maintenance. Virtual car driving and virtual car maintenance without one or the other it's not a virtual simulator anymore. Your into racing only and nothing more go play arcade racing games. SERIOUSLY!!

Last edited:
It's called virtual vehicle maintenance. Virtual car driving and virtual car maintenance without one or the other it's not a virtual simulator anymore.

Go on the iRacing forum and tell them that. I dare you.

ak101
GT Auto Possible List:

Mechanical Rebuilds
Dyno or Rolling Road
Engine Transplant/swap
Auto Accessories

Apolagise for changing the thread before.

You forgot the belt.

Personally we need less routine maintenance to be performed. It tedious enough to need to change the oil after a days worth of racing online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back