GT Auto: Maintenance, Services, Repairs and Facilities

• Thread starter ak101
  • 139 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
ak101
You should create a thread for arcade racing rather than driving simulation.

So GT is arcade now is it?
Probably more sim-cade tbh.

You forgot the belt.

Personally we need less routine maintenance to be performed. It tedious enough to need to change the oil after a days worth of racing online.

He also forgot about adjusting points and the carburetor on older vehicles. :lol:

But seriously, the first thing I want to say is that 20 tracks is not a lot of tracks in a game these days.

On topic, I agree with Simon on this. We need less of the pointless oil changes, car washes and other maintenance (it should be assumed that any responsible car owner is going to take care of maintenance tasks after racing their vehicle anyway, and doesn't need to be simulated) and many, many more events. That is what a racing game is all about to me. Cram as many events, tracks, and cars into the game as you can, and give it some decent physics. Add a comprehensive selection of tuning options and livery/ paint/ body/ rim options, and I'm sold.

Your into racing only and nothing more go play arcade racing games. SERIOUSLY!!

So you're SERIOUSLY trying to suggest that any racing game which doesn't also feature extensive vehicle maintenance (Which is all of them, pretty much) is an arcade racing game? Because that's a pretty strong suggestion.

So you're SERIOUSLY trying to suggest that any racing game which doesn't also feature extensive vehicle maintenance (Which is all of them, pretty much) is an arcade racing game? Because that's a pretty strong suggestion.

I suggest arcade racing games are ideal for you. They are not complicated other than RACING and NOTHING ELSE.

Last edited:
I suggest arcade racing games are ideal for you. They are not complicated other than RACING and NOTHING ELSE.

Just because a game features only racing and not maintenance it doesn't make it arcade. iRacing, GTR2, Race Pro etc are not arcade racing game.

Also you've still failed to explain what is FUN about vehicle maintenance in a video game.

Just because a game features only racing and not maintenance it doesn't make it arcade. iRacing, GTR2, Race Pro etc are not arcade racing game.

Also you've still failed to explain what is FUN about vehicle maintenance in a video game.

It's about interacting with the car, carrying out maintenance is sense of ownership and also preparation for the races ahead.

So how is it fun?

Learning and understanding even the basics of auto maintenance can be very interesting and fun. Such knowlegde can be critical in saving you time and costs and help make the car your driving safe. I think thats one of the purposes it's featured in GT to promote vehicle safety to carry out DIY vital inspections to save lives.

Learning and understanding even the basics of auto maintenance can be very interesting and fun. Such knowlegde can be critical in saving you time and costs and help make the car your driving safe. I think thats one of the purposes it's featured in GT to promote vehicle safety to carry out DIY vital inspections to save lives.

But nothing is real in a game, how ispressing a few buttons to change brake pads or spark plugs going to be fun or help you learn anything?

But nothing is real in a game, how ispressing a few buttons to change brake pads or spark plugs going to be fun or help you learn anything?

I do quick time events all the time when changing the oil on my car in real life!

It can encourage further research into why this is done.

Would the file save size be a huge one.
Obviously not knowing the amount of cars yet for GT6, let's say 600.

That's 600 cars in various states of repair or wear and tear. All with extensive options regarding HT leads, crankshaft deflection, degrading oil and head gaskets blowing and many more.

How big a save file would this take?
Don't forget some want a livery editor too.

Just offering some possible obstacles in your quest.

The same way maintaining your car in real life can be fun

I was a trainee mechanic for two years and some of it was fun but that was because I was getting my hands dirty and physically working on cars. It wouldn't be fun to sit playing a videogame and just pressing a 'Change brake pads' button. It would just be a time wasting chore like oil changes already are.

I was a trainee mechanic for two years and some of it was fun but that was because I was getting my hands dirty and physically working on cars. It wouldn't be fun to sit playing a videogame and just pressing a 'Change brake pads' button. It would just be a time wasting chore like oil changes already are.

So now your asking for tools, come PD get to work. :sly:
How much time is lost when pressing a button?

Toronado
Except maintaining your car in real life is actually doing something, so no. That doesn't follow.

SimonK

So I see a trend now. Some do not want maintenance because maintaining them in GT is nothing more then clicking buttons, and its time consuming.

Well, you have your opinion, but so far in THIS thread your badly outnumbered.

I myself did not expect the poll to be so tilted in favor of increased maintenance. 70% is more then enough to win in a vote anywhere.

There is a reason why the Simulation mode is called "GT Life". Gran Turismo aspires to be more then a simulator that lets you taste how it feels to drive some cars. From the very beginning there was the car wash feature. And later we got oil change, then chassis wear, the engine rebuilding, and likely we will get more in GT6.

If you dont like maintenance, then GT is not for you. Its been there since the beginning and will likely continue to expand. The mentioned poll proves most like it and want it expanded.

So, majority wins. Sorry.

Spagetti69
Would the file save size be a huge one.
Obviously not knowing the amount of cars yet for GT6, let's say 600.

That's 600 cars in various states of repair or wear and tear. All with extensive options regarding HT leads, crankshaft deflection, degrading oil and head gaskets blowing and many more.

How big a save file would this take?
Don't forget some want a livery editor too.

Just offering some possible obstacles in your quest.

I dont think this will be a problem. Madden NFL has 1,500 players of different height, size, equipment, and numerous stats, which can all be edited. And the save file isn't that big.

You say "majority wins" like that means it's guaranteed to be in GT6 now. Well the majority have wanted Porsche in the GT series for years now, yet we still don't have them.

So I see a trend now. Some do not want maintenance because maintaining them in GT is nothing more then clicking buttons, and its time consuming.

Well, you have your opinion, but so far in THIS thread your badly outnumbered.

I myself did not expect the poll to be so tilted in favor of increased maintenance. 70% is more then enough to win in a vote anywhere.

There is a reason why the Simulation mode is called "GT Life". Gran Turismo aspires to be more then a simulator that lets you taste how it feels to drive some cars. From the very beginning there was the car wash feature. And later we got oil change, then chassis wear, the engine rebuilding, and likely we will get more in GT6.

If you dont like maintenance, then GT is not for you. Its been there since the beginning and will likely continue to expand. The mentioned poll proves most like it and want it expanded.

So, majority wins. Sorry.

I dont think this will be a problem. Madden NFL has 1,500 players of different height, size, equipment, and numerous stats, which can all be edited. And the save file isn't that big.

Thank you. Everything in the game requires pressing buttons not just GT Auto. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back