GT Auto: Maintenance, Services, Repairs and Facilities

• Thread starter ak101
  • 139 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't bother with him thelvynau. I just wanted to see proof that he owns a Subaru Impreza WRX Sti which he obviously isn't going to do since it's a lie as I'm guessing he's about 15.[/QUOTE]

Why are you behaving in an abusive and hateful manner? Your spreading and influencing others involvement into committing bad thoughts and reactions without valid purposes. Your using these forums for conflict and personal clash. Remember researching the correct information leads knowledge towards explainations. As I have mentioned this before I would like vehicle maintenance extended in GT6, that's the whole purpose of this thread.

Last edited:
I'm not being abusive or hateful, I made an assumption based on what you've posted.

So, no pictures of your Subaru then?

Doesn't work like that. I asked for proof you owned the car you said you did, a picture with a caption saying you own it proves nothing.

Dream about it! verily you have certainly proved yourself as...

Last edited:
Dream about it! verily you have certainly proved yourself as...

It isn't hard to take a picture of yourself and your car, or provide other type(s) of ownership evidence.

To me it looks like you want to play GT tamagotchi because you are 15 and don't own a car.

I hope you can select and upgrade headlamp and sideliight colour, illumination and intensity in GT Auto.

Gran Turismo 6 should feature a dyno for measuring engine output
dynotorqueDyno.jpg

And a wind tunnel facility to measure CoD and downforce
Wind%20Tunnel%20Front.jpg

I'm usually not one of those who downplay or critic others' ideas with the "it's a game!" argument, but why would a "dyno" and a "wind tunnel" be needed when the game could conveniently output those values/curves to the screen in real time as changes to other settings and parameters are performed, in the same way as the torque/power chart and PP values currently get affected when fitting different engine components or altering downforce values?

If it's more detail in those chart that is needed, one could (for example) simply press a button to show an enlarged/more detailed version in full-screen if needed, a bit like what happened in GT4 for the torque/power chart by pressing the start button (except PD implemented that in a very lousy way there).

Last edited:
Not just a visual dynamometer, an active one that lets you test your engine precisely instead of giving some random figures instantly. We modify and then we pay to measure the results. It's another way to expand the gameplay even further and liven up GT Auto, in my opinion.

This has been implemented before in another game years ago, Need for Speed Underground 2, dyno tuning mode, I don't know how great it was, so it would be hit and miss for the masses.

@SimonK: Why do you come up garbage every single time you visit this thread? Why don't you understand anything, if you don't like or accept other forum users ideas, suggestions and opinions simply leave without posting your BS on thier threads. Why doe's it bother you so much to respond? If you don't have anything sensible to post just leave the thread. Why haven't they banned this thing!!! Respect all other forum users as an equal nothing less than that!

Last edited:
This has been implemented before in another game years ago, Need for Speed Underground 2, dyno tuning mode, I don't know how great it was, so it would be hit and miss for the masses.
If I remember correctly you couldn't get to know your car's power and torque curves and exact values until you performed a "dyno run" in a special menu/facility, which took some time to perform (and also plotted misc. acceleration and speed values, a bit like the speed test in GT5). I guess that having things like this might make sense in a racing game where you stick with a car for much time, but in GT5, especially if you play often online (and therefore change car/settings very often) it might be an annoyance to actually have to wait after each setting change to obtain proper power and torque figures (especially when they could be plotted in real time with no change or loss in game functionality/playability/overall realism).

On the other hand, expanded GT Auto maintenance features (brake pads, mechanical maintenance, etc), provided that they affect driving characteristics or are simulated in a meaningful way, could be easily and painlessly be expanded if they were properly integrated in the tuning screen, instead of having to waste 1 minute of time just to enter and exit the "GT Auto screen" (more if one is playing in online lobbies).

Last edited:
A better solution would be adding a shortcut for all of these maintenance stuff in online lobby, garage or offline race or within tuning screen , no need to go back and forth. So no matter how complex the maintenance features are, they are easy to access anywhere.

Closed for tidy up

EDIT: Actually, no, it's just closed. This one just went the same way as the first with petty arguments breaking out all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back