GT Force Pro Review

• Thread starter Rue
  • 161 comments
Originally posted by maskrider
Thank you. But I didn't wait and have already bought it, ha ha ! I am reckless but this one is feeling super great comparing to my old GT Force. I love it.

Good man/woman, hope you enjoy it! How much did you get it for in the end?

Originally posted by chaser_fan
Good man/woman, hope you enjoy it! How much did you get it for in the end?

Ha ha, I am a man. :)

I get it from Toys R Us, it is indeed cheaper there than most shops in Sham Shui Po (they sold it at HK$1450, that's why I asked if you paid HK$1450 for it before).

I am enjoying it so much, feel like I am holding a real steering wheel in a car.

gtforcepro.jpg

Man, I'm envious =)
I have a Driving Force and am happy with it though.

Some questions:

1. Do you find that you have to turn the wheel more when taking a normal turn than if you were to use the GT Force/Driving Force?

2. Is the force feedback much stronger than on the GT Force/Driving Force?

3. Are the F1-style "flappers" behind the wheel analogue or digital?

Originally posted by enzojr
Man, I'm envious =)
I have a Driving Force and am happy with it though.

Some questions:

1. Do you find that you have to turn the wheel more when taking a normal turn than if you were to use the GT Force/Driving Force?

3. Are the F1-style "flappers" behind the wheel analogue or digital?

1. Not that much more, unless you really need to turn all the way to the lock in some cases.

2. When your car runs faster, the strength that need to turn the wheel becomes higher, and in McLaren F1's case, the wheel is pretty tight when the speed is really high.

3. I guess the flappers are digital.

Some pictures for both GT Force Pro and the old GT Force

gt-ffwheels-01.jpg

gt-ffwheels-02.jpg

gt-ffwheels-03.jpg

gt-ffwheels-04.jpg

gt-ffwheels-05.jpg

gt-ffwheels-06.jpg

Originally posted by Soman
Zyphar where did you buy yours from?

I bought mine from a local Gamestop Store.

I also see another problem with it. The 900 degree light (the right green one) seems to flicker very softly.

Maybe both problems are from GT3 (the moving of side to side, and the flickering light) but i want someone elses opinion and maybe to try it and see if it happens to them.

+ i dont have GT4:P so im not sure if its just the game.

My friend has the old Driving force and he has tried mine and he says it is stronger but not a huge difference. (played GT3)

that light should be indicating it is running on compatibility mode, which means it uses 180-200 degrees rather than the 900 degrees which is so far only supported by GT4

Originally posted by Zyphar
I bought mine from a local Gamestop Store.

I also see another problem with it. The 900 degree light (the right green one) seems to flicker very softly.

Maybe both problems are from GT3 (the moving of side to side, and the flickering light) but i want someone elses opinion and maybe to try it and see if it happens to them.

+ i dont have GT4:P so im not sure if its just the game.

My friend has the old Driving force and he has tried mine and he says it is stronger but not a huge difference. (played GT3)

how much did you pay for yours?

and again, any idea with pc compatibility?

Well $150 i payed.

And i heard that the old Driving Force (GT3) can be used in PC but with ceritan drivers.(from logitech)

Please someone try to play GT3 with thier wheel and see if you get the same problem. (I got 5 days to return it and get a new one)

I dont have that problem with Driving force (blue ) but I do have problemw ith 75% breaking and it not letting me shift gears when wheel is fully turned.

I picked up a Driving Force Pro earlier after Zyphar said he got it at Gamestop in Cali. I picked mine up in an Orlando Gamestop. came out to about 160 bucks with tax. The problem I'm having is in the Grand Canyon rally track. The wheel tends to turn all the way to the left or right when idle. Anyone else have that problem?

Originally posted by Zyphar
Well $150 i payed.

And i heard that the old Driving Force (GT3) can be used in PC but with ceritan drivers.(from logitech)

Please someone try to play GT3 with thier wheel and see if you get the same problem. (I got 5 days to return it and get a new one)

My GT Force (the one that came with GT3, not the new GT Force Pro) has always done that side to side twitching when left untouched whilst driving a car. So has my friend's. I think it is just normal for GT3.

Someone else has tried the wheel on their PC and it works just like the old GT Force.

Thanks HEAPS for those detailed pics Maskrider. Now I'm off to try and make the required changes to my RaceBase so my GT Force Pro pedals will fit straight in when I get the wheel with GT4 :D

Just pre ordered min, they will come to the shop dec 13th 1099 krones or 145 bucks. Cheap I reckon but maybe not the yanks as the dollar has been falling in value, from 10 to 7.5 : )

can anyone post a quick review of the wheel with prologue?

interested in finding out how it plays with the improved rotation.

Thanks a lot maskrider for answering my questions and for the pix!

I love the new pedals...I love how the brake pedal is steeper and closer to you like in a real car. I also heard that the base has carpet grip, so I don't need to put a stack of books behind it like I do with my Driving Force...

Huge chunk of dough tho...I hope someday they'll have a big sale on the thing just like Best Buy did when I got my Driving Force. Picked mine up for $40 Cdn after rebates. Really really good deal, and I consider myself extremely lucky for getting my hands on the wheel (I would have never plunked down $100 for the thing, and still wouldn't). Racing has never been the same since...=)

Thanks a lot maskrider for answering my questions and for the pix!

I love the new pedals...I love how the brake pedal is steeper and closer to you like in a real car. I also heard that the base has carpet grip, so I don't need to put a stack of books behind it like I do with my Driving Force...

Carpet Grip ? You mean this one

In use
gt4p-wheel-pedal-back-1.jpg

Not in use
gt4p-wheel-pedal-back-2.jpg

Could somebody with the Driving Force Pro please go to
http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm#DX Tweak 2
and download DXTweak2?

This program reports DirectX values as well as raw data from input devices. Using this software it might be possible to utilize the full 900° if you map the raw values to the DirectX ones.
If somebody has the wheel and a bit of PC knowledge, please give a try and report back.

If the wheel switches into legacy mode, does it really LOCK the wheel turning at 200° with absolute physical resistance or doesn't it just react anymore beyond that?

Originally posted by Satorian
Could somebody with the Driving Force Pro please go to
http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm#DX Tweak 2
and download DXTweak2?

This program reports DirectX values as well as raw data from input devices. Using this software it might be possible to utilize the full 900° if you map the raw values to the DirectX ones.
If somebody has the wheel and a bit of PC knowledge, please give a try and report back.

If the wheel switches into legacy mode, does it really LOCK the wheel turning at 200° with absolute physical resistance or doesn't it just react anymore beyond that?

When the wheel is in 200 degree compatibility mode, the wheel can only turn 200 degree lock to lock and no more, it locks physicaly.

Very interesting wheel! Especially how it PHYSICALLY locks up in 200 degree mode. I was wondering about that...

As for the carpet grip, that was exactly what I was referring to. Hmm...I'm dubious as to whether it's actually effective. The spikes look a bit short to actually create enough friction to overcome the force of a foot slamming into the brake pedal.

Anyway, it remains to be seen whether GT4 (full version) will have the software glitches that plague Prologue when using the wheel (refer to the other thread).

As for the carpet grip, that was exactly what I was referring to. Hmm...I'm dubious as to whether it's actually effective. The spikes look a bit short to actually create enough friction to overcome the force of a foot slamming into the brake pedal.

Anyway, it remains to be seen whether GT4 (full version) will have the software glitches that plague Prologue when using the wheel (refer to the other thread).

the Carpet grip is very effective ! the spikes look small in the picture but they are actually long and pointy. On the small minor thing that happens is that if you push either pedal at its very top tip then the part nearest to you lifts up. It isnt much to worry about as long as you keep your foot push the center of the pedal.

GT4 will for surely fix all the bug in GT4. The wheel is made for it so they are spending all there time working with that wheel and not anything else. (of course there will be a bug here and there)

Originaly posted by slk308
Is the wheel stuck at 180degree max turn? or does it feel like "realistic" ?

the wheel can go 200 degrees in compactability mode. this is so all games that can play the Driving Force can be used by this wheel.

I think "realistic" thing you mean is that YES it can turn 900 degrees (2 1/2 turns) like a real car. :cool:

BTW, Good Job Maskrider on all the pics.

Wow, i want it so bad now..
i personally have 2 wheels so far, but nothing is compared to that... Hmm, probably going to sell my wheel and get that? :D

I can't remember what forum it was on, but someone returned their DFP because they said the GT puck in the middle of the wheel was scratched up. It's actually a plastic covering that protects the nice brushed metal finish. Just take it off =P

Originally posted by evaoni
I can't remember what forum it was on, but someone returned their DFP because they said the GT puck in the middle of the wheel was scratched up. It's actually a plastic covering that protects the nice brushed metal finish. Just take it off =P

Yes, that's just some protection plastic. I don't want to take it off yet, I will wait until I have the full version of GT4 then I take it off. :lol:

Back