GT Force Pro Review

• Thread starter Rue
  • 161 comments
I have a problem using my GT Force Pro with NFS: Underground on pc. I have my accelerator sensitivity, dead zone, and range at 0% but for some reason i can accelerate a lot faster with the keyboard than with my pedals (using the same car). Everything else is fine. Does anyone have a solution?

I wouldn't know exactly how to help you, but the two suggestions I have are the most basic of troubleshooting PC gear.

1 - Drivers? I don't even know if the DFP uses drivers...for that matter, I didn't even know that you could use the DFP with PC games (I thought it was only backwards compatible with PS2 games). If the DFP does, in fact, use drivers, are yours up to date?

2 - Logitech's product support website. Take a look for FAQs or common known issues. You might be able to find somthing there.

Good luck.

Originally posted by ZoSo
I have a problem using my GT Force Pro with NFS: Underground on pc. I have my accelerator sensitivity, dead zone, and range at 0% but for some reason i can accelerate a lot faster with the keyboard than with my pedals (using the same car). Everything else is fine. Does anyone have a solution?

Check in the settings screen if your brakes are properly adjusted - they could be set to strict so that you always brake a little bit even if you don't press the pedal. You can fix this if necessary by opening the pedal base and adjusting the block. I remember someone having this problem before and that it was fixeable, but I'm not exactly sure what was done. I think it was that though. However, you should of course first make sure that you don't have this problem with other games, otherwise it's not a hardware issue and you should indeed be looking to different drivers or maybe even an NFS patch.

Finally, it is possible that NFS uses a different routine for handeling keyboard input that is very much like traction control, to compensate for the keyboard being digital. That means using the wheel is harder as you need to take care of this yourself (if Traction Control is off, that is, and if that is something that can be switched off - or on - in this game, which I don't know).

Originally posted by jizzmirk
I wouldn't know exactly how to help you, but the two suggestions I have are the most basic of troubleshooting PC gear.

1 - Drivers? I don't even know if the DFP uses drivers...for that matter, I didn't even know that you could use the DFP with PC games (I thought it was only backwards compatible with PS2 games). If the DFP does, in fact, use drivers, are yours up to date?

2 - Logitech's product support website. Take a look for FAQs or common known issues. You might be able to find somthing there.

Good luck.

1 - I'm using the newest logitech wheel drivers that I found on the logitech website. BTW, all the logitech wheels use the same drivers.

2 - I'll check that out.

Originally posted by Arwin
Check in the settings screen if your brakes are properly adjusted - they could be set to strict so that you always brake a little bit even if you don't press the pedal. You can fix this if necessary by opening the pedal base and adjusting the block. I remember someone having this problem before and that it was fixeable, but I'm not exactly sure what was done. I think it was that though. However, you should of course first make sure that you don't have this problem with other games, otherwise it's not a hardware issue and you should indeed be looking to different drivers or maybe even an NFS patch.

Finally, it is possible that NFS uses a different routine for handeling keyboard input that is very much like traction control, to compensate for the keyboard being digital. That means using the wheel is harder as you need to take care of this yourself (if Traction Control is off, that is, and if that is something that can be switched off - or on - in this game, which I don't know).

I know the problem is not with the wheel itself. It works perfectly with GT3. I using the newest patch for NSF: U. There is traction control for NFS. I currently have it off. Should I leave it off or turn it on? Are there certain settings for the Logitech Profiler software that I should use?

Originally posted by Arwin
Put Traction Control on and see how you then compare to driving with the keyboard.

Thank you so much! :D I tried that once I got home. Now, accelerating with the pedals is just like accelerating with the keyboard.

I really like the force feedback in the game. With the wheel, turning is a breeze. I pulled off my first 360 spin today off the draw bridge in the marketplace :lol:

awww :( force pro is put on hold for me.

caues i got me a 256mb mp3 player instead :D

Im waiting for Amazon or Buy.com to get em, cause they usually have free shipping and no tax :) and coupons!!

Originally posted by silverpuyo
awww :( force pro is put on hold for me.

caues i got me a 256mb mp3 player instead :D

Im waiting for Amazon or Buy.com to get em, cause they usually have free shipping and no tax :) and coupons!!

Silverpuyo, as I said a couple posts ago, I got my wheel from amazon. It's a lot cheaper ($114.99) from them and you're right, there is free shipping. The funny thing about my order was that it was expected to come February 16 or 17 (placed my order on the 7th), but instead it came on the 10th! I was amazed. When I got home from school that day, I saw a big amazon box at my door :D

OK guys..

Simple questions :

How is playing GT4p with this famous racing wheel ???

Can you keep an easy straight forward line when driving on a track ? (or do you always have to correct your line cause the middle point is " blurry" ?)

Please give me or try to give me your impressions !!!

Does the car feel really heavy. Is the force feeback really good ?

If you drive slow, do you have the same feeling you have driving a real car ???

these are the more important points to me !!!!

This needs to be answered clearly !!!!

Is oversteer hard to correct.. and understeer ?

Is the first try hard and then you learn how to handle progressively till you really are a master ??? or is it really easy event at the beginning ???????

these answers are really important as through them we may have a better overview of the physics...

Thanks alots for answers !!!!

Originally posted by P2C
OK guys..

Simple questions :

How is playing GT4p with this famous racing wheel ???

- Great! :cool:

Can you keep an easy straight forward line when driving on a track ? (or do you always have to correct your line cause the middle point is " blurry" ?)

- No, you can get your hands off the wheel when you're on the main straight with most cars (not the McLaren, obviously).

Please give me or try to give me your impressions !!!

Does the car feel really heavy. Is the force feeback really good ?

- Depends on the car, obviously. Yes, the FF is really good. It has a full (100%) and 60% setting.

If you drive slow, do you have the same feeling you have driving a real car ???

- Yes, absolutely. Coffee break 5 is a great example.

these are the more important points to me !!!!

This needs to be answered clearly !!!!

Is oversteer hard to correct.. and understeer ?

- in Rally it is very hard, but drifting is possible and feels very realistic now. On the tarmac it's still a bit hard to say because you don't have so much tire choice and they don't wear. Most of the cars are modern and therefore pretty stable.

Is the first try hard and then you learn how to handle progressively till you really are a master ??? or is it really easy event at the beginning ???????

- it's not too hard, you pick it up fast. I had no problems with it from the beginning because I was already used to PC racing simulation games, but you basically have to get used to being a bit more precise when braking, less braking when still turning, and more care when accellerating out of a turn.

these answers are really important as through them we may have a better overview of the physics...

Thanks alots for answers !!!!

AMAZING!!!

I finally made some time to test out the wheel and I'm beating my best times already!

and it feels great!

I LOVE IT!!!

and i got it for super low price of $83 ;)

AMAZING!!!

I finally made some time to test out the wheel and I'm beating my best times already!

and it feels great!

I LOVE IT!!!

Please share on how you got it :D

the links to the videos dont work : (..

o, and kinda off topic... i figured out a few ways to drift w/ the r32 and w/ the Civics in gt3. guess how

AMAZING!!!

and it feels great!

I LOVE IT!!!

WHERE?! :eek:

Does anyone have a working link to a video of someone using the Driving Force Pro Wheel??

I cant afford the driving force pro wheel yet so i'm just gonna buy the Driving force.. unless anyone here knows if the madcatz wheel of around the same price is better..:confused: :confused:

Originally posted by Gabkicks
Does anyone have a working link to a video of someone using the Driving Force Pro Wheel??

I cant afford the driving force pro wheel yet so i'm just gonna buy the Driving force.. unless anyone here knows if the madcatz wheel of around the same price is better..:confused: :confused:

how much are you going to pay for driving force?

I've both of them. Force Pro is WORTH the price even if you pay $150 for it. (US).

unless you can get Driving force for $40 or less, go with PRO!

If you really truly uttrely cannot afford the Driving Force Pro, then don't go for the Driving Force, rather get a Wingman FF GP.

I was gonna get the Driving Force. I called up Software ETC. and they told me they had it for 70 bucks. so i went there w/ 75 bucks (it wuz an hour drive) and then when i get there they tell me it's 80 plus tax, and i cant afford that :(

i heard somebody here got the pro for 89 dollars, but they never said where

KK, i just bought it from ebx for 80. I havent gotten used to it enough to drift whenever i want yet. but rally racing is a lot more interesting now. its not that hard to stay in a straight line... Also i have a question. How do u turn on the force feedback for Live for speed?? do i need to download drivers or something? i tried turnin it on in the menu, but it does nothing:confused:

yeah, get yourself some PC drivers from logitech or install the ones that came on the CD, that should get you force feedback.

Lol, damnit, i shoulda pointed this out... now i gotta wait for another reply... Its for ps2, so it dosent come w/ drivers. which one of the wheel drivers should i download to get it to work w/ force feedback.. even Directx doesnt detect it having force feedback? the ones for the formula force:?

Yeah, downloading the drivers worked... LFS is a lot easier w/ force feedback enabled... Its so much easier to drift in the game w/ a steering wheel

{edit}why dont we all have a driving force shindig and somebody host a server, and we all play around w/ our wheels?:D {edit}

I've allways been so tempted to buy a wheel :D, but my room is full of stuff as it is, a wheel would end up being another thing for me to find room for :(

Back