GT Force Pro Review

• Thread starter Rue
  • 161 comments
DS2 may be faster in certain areas, but which is more fun?
My vote for fun goes to the wheel, and I'd say it's somewhat close to the real thing.

Is there any big differences between the DS and DS2 controllers? Oh, and they both can be fun. Just if you can do the stuff that you want or not affects your "fun"......... cuz like if you can't do anything with the wheel, then it's obviously not fun... i was like that when i first switched to a wheel. :P

Anyways, billpearce, is that thing like steady?
Or will it shake and stuff..... i'm thinking of getting one right now... but considering the price, i'm still thinkin ....

The main difference between the DS and DS2 pads are the DS has digital buttons, all the buttons on the DS2 (exept the start and select) are analogue, that means that they are pressure sensative. Eg, the harder you press the X (provided that set to accelerate) in GT3, the faster you go or accelerate.

Originally posted by slk308
Is there any big differences between the DS and DS2 controllers? Oh, and they both can be fun. Just if you can do the stuff that you want or not affects your "fun"......... cuz like if you can't do anything with the wheel, then it's obviously not fun... i was like that when i first switched to a wheel. :P

Anyways, billpearce, is that thing like steady?
Or will it shake and stuff..... i'm thinking of getting one right now... but considering the price, i'm still thinkin ....

I have not had any problems with stability. The seat and frame have a very solid feel.

if someone thinks he's faster with the DS than with the new wheel in 900 mode, try and beat my 1'55.327 at Apricot Hill in the Arcade Mini (GT3) :D

Of course for race cars you should use 180 mode, they didn't invent power steering for nothing you know. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Arwin
if someone thinks he's faster with the DS than with the new wheel in 900 mode, try and beat my 1'55.327 at Apricot Hill in the Arcade Mini (GT3) :D
OK, I'll give it a try Arwin :)

Uh oh. :D

For those who are interested, here you can see me drive a 1'44.550 on Time Trial 2. It's not my best time ever (43.9) but close enough for a first attempt with the new wheel:

http://members.chello.nl/femke.bijlsma/pro.avi :D (its avi, 5mb, will try to make it MPG later).

I wish the framerate could be higher so you could see better what I do and what the wheel does, but in its current form you can get an idea of it.

Hope you like it! :)

Downloading now, we'll see how you do :P
Hmm. where can i get a server like that?

EDIT: Looks pretty fun, acradish :D Hmm, but it's only you... i wanted to see the car too! :P The speeds fine, but it didn't look like you shifted much......

No little shifting needed in that run. I guess I need to make a video where you can see me, the wheel, the pedals and the TV ... I'll do that later sometime, downstairs as the 100hz TV records much better. Maybe a good idea to wait with that one untill I have my copy of GT4P ;)

Hi guys , I have a problem with the wheel , first in some games like f1C i have a deadzone in each way between 11 and 1 and in other game like lfs i can tweak the center reduction and its nice .
Second the wheel seem to be decentre a little bit to the left anyone notice that ?

I played with many racing game with no problem but today its completly different i have to tweak the wheel for each game :(

thx
Ciao

Btw i love the wheel ;)

sry for my crappy english

Yes and Yes. The only thing you need to take into account that the wheel has its own power, so any differences in power supply between the US and the UK will have to be overcome ... But why get an American one for the UK? The wheel can be bought in the UK, I'm sure.

Well its not really on sale here and if you go to the logitech website(both UK and USA) it is listed as not for sale yet, and it doesnt say when it will go on sale, yet i have found it for sale at gamestop.com and ebgames.com.
Which seems a bit strange.
And now i remember seeing it for sale at HMV just as i was walking out the shop:odd:

Exactly. It's widely available across all continents right now, I doubt you can find many western countries without at least one shop that sells 'em.

I ordered the UK wheel from Logitech before Christmas and received it on the 7th January. They ship from the Netherlands, but are definitely available to this country.

Gah. Was gonna buy the wheel today. Went to the shop and as i walked in i saw one guy walking out with a wheel and i went like "yaaay they got it". D*mn i got sorta upset when i got told that they just sold their last wheel three minutes ago when i appoached the counter... I swear. God hates me.

Anyone knows if its the same "clamp feets" (I tried figure out a better word for it) as the old wheel? I know i lost them after about .. .. five minutes or so.

Back