GT League Taycan

• Thread starter Aaronrray1
  • 21 comments
United States
United States
Is there any event that I can race the Taycan in? I don’t pay for online play and I’d like to race it in a race with different cars.

Is there any event that I can race the Taycan in? I don’t pay for online play and I’d like to race it in a race with different cars.

RUdPyQP.jpg

Answer is no, nothing currently listed as a race in the GT Leagues allows use of the Taycan........which sucks.

I’ve had a bit of fun with custom races but that’s it.

Another nice but pointless car as it can’t be used. I do wish PD would get there act together and provide some races we can use all the cars we have

You can do a custom race, and race with the Taycan.
Answer is no, nothing currently listed as a race in the GT Leagues allows use of the Taycan........which sucks.

I’ve had a bit of fun with custom races but that’s it.

Another nice but pointless car as it can’t be used. I do wish PD would get there act together and provide some races we can use all the cars we have

Custom Race is rubbish though, because it locks you to One Make. I wanna race against N700-N800, not against other Taycans

Well yeah, but it says non-race cars over 100k credits. The Taycan is not a race car and it’s over 100k. Most other Gr.X cars over 100k are race cars...
Anything lumped into a "Gr" category is considered a race car. N-class cars are not. The Taycan is not eligible for PSL because of its car class, not the usual error regarding new cars' value.

This is why I'm against the addition of EVs in this game, PD just throws them into GR.X and makes it impossible to use them in anything but custom races, TTs and lobbies.

I don't get why they have to do this besides the fact that these cars can't be refilled in the pit stops

The car is only $200k or so however think carefully before you buy any Gr.X car as it may have limited use.

I havent even thought about the P1 GTR or Zonda R as there's no legitimate race format for them.

The Gr.X 1960's Le Mans cars is another thing though... people want them to race in the Nostalgia 79 series.

Anything lumped into a "Gr" category is considered a race car. N-class cars are not. The Taycan is not eligible for PSL because of its car class, not the usual error regarding new cars' value.
Then why are the i3 and Model S allowed in similar non-race car events such as the Clubman Cup?

Then why are the i3 and Model S allowed in similar non-race car events such as the Clubman Cup?

The Clubman Cup isn't a non-race car event. It has a power restriction that happens to automatically rule out most race cars, but not everything in Gr.X

Can the Taycan be detuned to 394 BHP? If so, Real Circuit Tours might be possible, as the Model S and Honda Project 2&4 are allowed.

Can the Taycan be detuned to 394 BHP? If so, Real Circuit Tours might be possible, as the Model S and Honda Project 2&4 are allowed.

Not even close. 638 is the lowest and there is only 1 level for the taycan. You cant use mp for more.

The Clubman Cup isn't a non-race car event. It has a power restriction that happens to automatically rule out most race cars, but not everything in Gr.X
So what, if it were a non-race car event, the Model S and i3 would be ineligible? That’s just stupid on PD’s part. I just don’t get hyping this car up and then literally making it impossible to use.

So what, if it were a non-race car event, the Model S and i3 would be ineligible? That’s just stupid on PD’s part. I just don’t get hyping this car up and then literally making it impossible to use.

I'm not justifying the restrictions, just explaining how they work.

It's a common complaint that Gr. X is a black hole for unique cars.

Back