GT Photomode 2.0 Competition -Week 98- closed

Yep. Except it hasn't a F1 V10 engine, F1 suspension, carbon fiber chassis and isn't driven by Prost... I can get the idea :lol:

It might be cool to get back it in GT5.

^ Finally someone willing to use this car :lol: Seriously it is kinda like a cute version of Espace F1

Yep. Except it hasn't a F1 V10 engine, F1 suspension, carbon fiber chassis and isn't driven by Prost... I can get the idea :lol:

It might be cool to get back it in GT5.

Yeah, I really didn't want to do a Clio or a 5 like almost everyone else! I have others that make it look lower and more like it.

I just took inspiration from it, obviously I couldn't make it exactly like it. >_<

^ Finally someone willing to use this car :lol: Seriously it is kinda like a cute version of Espace F1

That was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the theme for this week. If only we had the Espace F1 now...

Nice job 80Y, Probably the best I've seen from you. Longbow beat me to the Avantime! Was working on it last night and fell asleep. I think it shows that I was tired during the edit process.
edit:entry added

F I N A L E N T R Y

Last edited:
wow, really good batch of shots to finish it up! this is gonna be a competitive poll indeed!

80Y: FANTASTIC. best i've seen from you!

Thanks guys.....and I don't know why, but I'm really happy to get a compliment from S-line Audi Fan

thanks again

Finally here it is...I don't care if you guys don't like it, but it was a HUGE trek and a very steep learning curve.....and will NEVER do this sort of shot untill I get PS.....phew

Final Entry

80Y that just swooped you to the top spot. You got my vote definitely.

80Y 2C2 you must tell me how you make the motion blur not effect the cars. I'm trying loads of combos but I can't get that kind of result. Superb shot, gonna be a shootout between you and Bram now.

well..I had the same sort of problem...I posted how I did it which takes less time and a great result.
If you or anyone else have another problem, feel free to use that thread
Though I'm not saying David's way is bad or anthing (my idea was based on his) but my computer will not process too many layers, so I just cut it down.

Last edited:
PJ: yep. I've got a difficult decision ahead....80Y or Bram....or someone else?....man...really gonna be a tough decision this time round.

yes, it really is. I find 80Y's shot to be on par with Bram's. maybe I'm just easily impressed, but I'm going to have to think about this one.

Swiss Legend, that's an awesome zoom blur you've go there 👍

In fact, that's a perfect shot! Way better than mine! :cheers:

I'm bothered with the car choice though :indiff:

^^ Yep, it is good, and yes I am impressed with your progress, but in all due respect and honesty, it is not in pair with Bram (IMO), even though I won&#8217;t admire if you win these round :rolleyes:

I am really impressed with your quick progress and the fact that you are using Gimp (never used but I heard it is a bit more difficult to attain great results). 👍

Some major flaws I find in your shot is the fact that the cars don&#8217;t seem to bend too well with the overall shot, they look like they are floating and the amount of blur is a little to much for the shot in question.
One plus I like in your shot are the white reflections. I never manage to pull one of those, and every time I see one of those I say: &#8220;Sweet&#8221;;👍
The cleaning in the car is good (Gimp) but there are some places where it seems a little smudged, one thing to work on in you next entries.

One thing that I praise is the overall feeling of the shot. There is something funny in your shot that scares the hell out of me, I don&#8217;t know if it is because of that tone of red + the green + the blue + the the end of the road and the fact that the road looks so long and it never ends - &#8220;what&#8217;s in the end of the road? The unknown&#8221;; but is is pretty scary.:scared:

Please, don&#8217;t see this has a harsh comment, I always found helpful (for me, at least) that people critique my shots, because that is the only way I manage to get better at this, and I think it may be helpful for newer members to receive a thoughtful critique (don&#8217;t forget, I am also a new member, compared to some). 👍

In a side note I think Swiss has a very sweet shot, and it is not receiving the praise he deserves. And that shot, yes, I say, it is in par with Bram&#8217;s shot (but still I say, Brams shot FTW!!!)

Now it's my turn to ask you guys a question:

Why is my shot so awesome?

:lol:

No really, I didn't think it was that awesome, but it seems some here are thinking something else... I'm not complaining though :D:tup:

^^Certainly.

1st: The realism;

2nd: The strong road blur;

3rd: Weak blur in the side of the track (the wall and that);

4th: No blur in the sky;

5th: The car cleaning is superb;

6th: Even though the image was not resized, I cannot see any flaw in the cleaning of the car;

7th: Saving to my HD and opened with Photoshop and Zoomed in - still can&#8217;t see any imperfection;

8th: I can see through the window;

9th: The reflection in the car;

10th: Great composition;

11th: It looks great;

12th: It is perfect.
________

Last edited:
Wow, that's a sweet list you summed up there. I'm flattered :embarrassed:

Thanks a bunch! 👍

Now that I look at it again, I realize that I've got some things to experiment on for next time. (And God knows when that'll be) I want the road to be more blue-ish, rather than the yellow tint that came out, and I need to experiment with some dodging on the bodywork to make the forms come out more. Oh man, it'll be fun! 👍

I got a lot of things to improve on, even after all these years :P

^ LOL the more you visit Alex's gallery, more little tricks you can learn from him. Anyhow, don't blue tint your gravel (if it is what you talking about). I find your graval colour is really spot-on. Specially the saturation. The road is fine too with that slightly purple-ish tint, kinda contrast the yellow Clio. Just a thought, what you should try is light editing on them.

Hmmm... So whats the chances of a non-blur image winning this week? :lol:

Fantastic shots so far from LdS, 80Y, Swiss and, my favourite of them all - Brams! Awesome shot Bram, I don't usually get all misty eyed about blurs, but there is something about yours that makes me want to look at it all day! 👍

Hmmm... So whats the chances of a non-blur image winning this week? :lol:

Fantastic shots so far from LdS, 80Y, Swiss and, my favourite of them all - Brams! Awesome shot Bram, I don't usually get all misty eyed about blurs, but there is something about yours that makes me want to look at it all day! 👍

It depends greatly on the image itself. May I remind you of Franz entry in a Final Round of the last 2007 Photomode Tournament?

That shot would have won this whole thing, with a 100% of persons voting in it. That was and is the mother of all Renault shots (Clicky)

Yeah, franz is amazing at reworking cars without any flaws. 👍 I wish I was as good as him at photoshopping :indiff:

LdS: I couldn't tell you why I like 80Y's as much as Bram's. I'm not as anal about shots as some others here I guess. to me, I like the higher angle, always have.where Bram's looks ultra realistic, 80Y's fits the theme better (Renault 'zooming' into the future) IMHO. Also, I give him extra credit I suppose. I've used GIMP, it's a (female dog).

That's not to say I'm discrediting Bram. his entry is simply fantastic. I can't find a real way to critique it, because there is nothing to critique.

Like I said, maybe I'm just easily impressed? :S

LdS
That shot would have won this whole thing, with a 100% of persons voting in it. That was and is the mother of all Renault shots (Clicky)

It wouldn't have got mine. I seriously cannot see what all the fuss was about with that shot. This is probably just going to sound like me being bitter because he beat me, but I find the car looks really 'flat' and dull and the composition is just a bit boring to me. It's a photo of the back of a car infront of some lights looking straight forwards. The only interesting element in all of it for me was the bokeh effect which was done extremely well.

franz usually churns out some truly jawdropping work and to me, it was a bit of a let down and I'd have felt exactly the same way if he'd have been drawn against someone else. Bram's shot from this contest looks miles better in my eyes.

Back