GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

Well I guess until a 2017 thread is made, I'll put this here.

957612d63edd3107c44131871313e8df.gif

I'm going to create one, seeing as nobody made one so far (and so late before the race), but then I don't know what to include for the OP. I guess I'll try and make it now.
Have a look at what was included in previous years as a guide 👍

Only just realised that Taylor/Baird are driving a Porsche this weekend. :lol: What happened to the Merc?

Last edited:
The Gallardo has been racing in GT3 in some form or another from the very beginning of GT3. Quite impressive when you think about what the car and Reiter were capable of.

The Gallardo has been racing in GT3 in some form or another from the very beginning of GT3. Quite impressive when you think about what the car and Reiter were capable of.

It is still being build and sold and has been developed further during the years. Reiter will be present at the next blancpain endurance race with their 2 young stars and ex-f1 driver Tomas enge.

I just finished watching both International GT Open races from Spa... The RC-F has won every race so far this season, I'm fairly sure they're going to get BOP'd to hell and back for the next round.

But on the other hand, it's looking good for Emil Frey Racing when they sadly retire the Jaguar and enter the Lexus into the Blancpain series, looks like that thing is up to speed.

But on the other hand, it's looking good for Emil Frey Racing when they sadly retire the Jaguar and enter the Lexus into the Blancpain series, looks like that thing is up to speed.

Is that a certainty? I know they build it but I thought they were holding out for an F-Type?

And has anyone seen anything more on the BMW M8? I know there was a brief announcement during N24 and I've seen a short article on it from another website, but is there anything else with some actual meat in the article?

Is that a certainty? I know they build it but I thought they were holding out for an F-Type?

And has anyone seen anything more on the BMW M8? I know there was a brief announcement during N24 and I've seen a short article on it from another website, but is there anything else with some actual meat in the article?
Mate, M8?
Is that an M version of the 3-cylinder hybrid i8?

Only just realised that Taylor/Baird are driving a Porsche this weekend. :lol: What happened to the Merc?
It crashed at Barbagello;

IMG_2723.PNG

Must've been a big enough repair job for it to miss PI. His other Merc (the one used last year) is being leased by Max Twigg from what I recall. So he was stuck with the Porsche. :)

New BMW to become the next GTE car apparently,
I think they'd be better off going nuts on an M4 myself.
Smaller car: easier to get down to weight, smaller body to push through the air & bigger scope for aero within the dimension regs. More aerodynamic to begin with!
It crashed at Barbagello;

View attachment 650096

Must've been a big enough repair job for it to miss PI. His other Merc (the one used last year) is being leased by Max Twigg from what I recall. So he was stuck with the Porsche. :)
What a horrible problem to have.

Banged up one of my Mercs & the other one is on loan, guess I'll have to use the old Porsche :sly:

I seem to remember John Watson spewing out that they would switch to the Lexus after the Spa24, during the Monza broadcast, but that could very well have been drivel.

Edit: Actually:

http://sportscar365.com/sro/blancpa...ype-project-lexus-set-for-blancpain-gt-debut/

They’re also involved with the development of the new Lexus RC F GT3, with the latest evolution of the car is already confirmed to take part in International GT Open this year.

“The target is definitely to do both Blancpain Endurance and Sprint with the Lexus next year. That’s why we are open to doing some Blancpain races this season,” Frey said.

“We are not sure [when it will debut in Blancpain GT]. It will depend on the performance of the car and the level we’ll reach by the middle of the season.

“The new car will arrive really late, right before the season starts. So for sure there will be some learning and development with the new Lexus.

“We hope we will be ready for some Blancpain [Endurance] and Sprint races later this year.”

It’s understood the Lexus has not yet completed SRO’s Balance of Performance tests, which is mandatory for participation in Blancpain GT.

However, a mid-season BoP test is scheduled for mid-July, prior to the Total 24 Hours of Spa, which could certify the Lexus for series competition in the second half of the year.

Callaway Corvettes just finished 1-2 in the GT Masters at red Bull ring.
There's coverage (in Australia via Foxtel) on the channel BeIN Sports 1. I was always under the impression the channel only played soccer, so I would always skip over it but as I was setting up the recording of the Canadian GP I noticed that not only do we get GT Masters coverage on there but also Ferrari Challenge, ADAC F4, FIA F3, DTM and the CIK World Karting Championships. :eek:

There's coverage (in Australia via Foxtel) on the channel BeIN Sports 1. I was always under the impression the channel only played soccer, so I would always skip over it but as I was setting up the recording of the Canadian GP I noticed that not only do we get GT Masters coverage on there but also Ferrari Challenge, ADAC F4, FIA F3, DTM and the CIK World Karting Championships. :eek:
Yep, I thought I was seeing things. So much racing, I'm using my phone, laptop and TV. Thank goodness for the long weekend. :)

Back