GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Speedster502
  • 8,876 comments
  • 774,744 views
Halfway through Porsche Supercup and Campbell is setting fastest laps.
With so much of Monza being 100% throttle, it's not easy to extract a speed advantage over the others in a 'control' class such as Supercup.
 
With so much of Monza being 100% throttle, it's not easy to extract a speed advantage over the others in a 'control' class such as Supercup.
Certainly. With such a commanding lead too. He's the real deal... as we know, anyway.
 
Hopefully he makes a textbook start & the others don't even get close for the rest of the race.

Nailed it. 👍

What a talent Matt is.
I do wonder why it's cancelled though.

It's been cancelled because Hampton Downs has been given exclusive rights to Aus GT events in New Zealand. That's according to Speedcafe, anyway.
 
It's been cancelled because Hampton Downs has been given exclusive rights to Aus GT events in New Zealand. That's according to Speedcafe, anyway.
But Tony Quinn owns them both so shouldn't it be fine? Maybe something to do with the Supercars takeover?

Supercars event sounds like news.
That would be brilliant
 
But Tony Quinn owns them both so shouldn't it be fine? Maybe something to do with the Supercars takeover?

Who knows? :crazy: The article doesn't really go into detail, about the reasons why. Only that Highlands will host a "new event to celebrate Kiwi cars and drivers".
 
But Tony Quinn owns them both so shouldn't it be fine? Maybe something to do with the Supercars takeover?


That would be brilliant
Do a Hamptons event with NZ V8 Tourer codrivers.
 
We're not being told all the secrets going down behind the scene, with regards to what's going on in NZ.
 
SuperGT? Would it have killed them to come up with a more original name? :crazy:

Also, great news about the Daytona Coupe returning to the 12hr next year.
 
So I guess it makes the GT3 cars eligible to race in Super GT. Er,.. SuperGT... er,... forget it.

:lol:

SuperUtes, whatever the Dunlop series is called now. I get what they're trying to do. Are they aware though that there's already a big series in Japan called Super GT? Should have just stuck with Aus GT.
 
:lol:

SuperUtes, whatever the Dunlop series is called now. I get what they're trying to do. Are they aware though that there's already a big series in Japan called Super GT? Should have just stuck with Aus GT.
Agreed.
SuperCars, Super2, SuperUtes, SuperGT, Super5000...[Stadium] SuperTrucks (I suppose lol).
When does TCM become SuperMasters or SuperClassics...?

Would it be better if they added to the GT one a bit? SuperGT Australia / Australian SuperGT / SuperAusGT / SuperGT3
 
Agreed.
SuperCars, Super2, SuperUtes, SuperGT, Super5000...[Stadium] SuperTrucks (I suppose lol).
When does TCM become SuperMasters or SuperClassics...?

Would it be better if they added to the GT one a bit? SuperGT Australia / Australian SuperGT / SuperAusGT / SuperGT3
I reckon they should've just gone with Australian GT3. That's what it is - nothing more, nothing less.

Unfortunately, the new organisers are obsessed with the 'Super' tag which, ironically, isn't super at all.
 
I seriously hope VASC can get more teams on the grid next year. An even number of GT4 would help, but today, it's looking like the Trophy Series.
 
I seriously hope VASC can get more teams on the grid next year. An even number of GT4 would help, but today, it's looking like the Trophy Series.

They should look at the scheduling of the races too next year. How hard would it be to have one of the races on Sunday morning? Bit rough on the teams that did show up, to have all three on the one day.
 
Last edited:
First race of the ADAC GT Masters 2017 season final is live now.
Race has been stopped with a red flag after multiple cars crashed into each other on the opening lap.

Official Englisch Livestream
 
Damn! I was hoping they'd at least send one car over for the 2018 Bathurst 12 hour :irked:
Maybe a team can pick up the cars and use them without support from GM?
 
Damn! I was hoping they'd at least send one car over for the 2018 Bathurst 12 hour :irked:

At the very least I was hoping they would enter the California 8 Hours like a few other PWC teams were doing. Could have been the chance to finally race for an international audience against international teams.
 
Back