GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

Halfway through Porsche Supercup and Campbell is setting fastest laps.
With so much of Monza being 100% throttle, it's not easy to extract a speed advantage over the others in a 'control' class such as Supercup.

With so much of Monza being 100% throttle, it's not easy to extract a speed advantage over the others in a 'control' class such as Supercup.
Certainly. With such a commanding lead too. He's the real deal... as we know, anyway.

Hopefully he makes a textbook start & the others don't even get close for the rest of the race.

Nailed it. 👍

What a talent Matt is.
I do wonder why it's cancelled though.

It's been cancelled because Hampton Downs has been given exclusive rights to Aus GT events in New Zealand. That's according to Speedcafe, anyway.

We're not being told all the secrets going down behind the scene, with regards to what's going on in NZ.

SuperGT? Would it have killed them to come up with a more original name? :crazy:

Also, great news about the Daytona Coupe returning to the 12hr next year.

So I guess it makes the GT3 cars eligible to race in Super GT. Er,.. SuperGT... er,... forget it.

:lol:

SuperUtes, whatever the Dunlop series is called now. I get what they're trying to do. Are they aware though that there's already a big series in Japan called Super GT? Should have just stuck with Aus GT.

:lol:

SuperUtes, whatever the Dunlop series is called now. I get what they're trying to do. Are they aware though that there's already a big series in Japan called Super GT? Should have just stuck with Aus GT.
Agreed.
SuperCars, Super2, SuperUtes, SuperGT, Super5000...[Stadium] SuperTrucks (I suppose lol).
When does TCM become SuperMasters or SuperClassics...?

Would it be better if they added to the GT one a bit? SuperGT Australia / Australian SuperGT / SuperAusGT / SuperGT3

Agreed.
SuperCars, Super2, SuperUtes, SuperGT, Super5000...[Stadium] SuperTrucks (I suppose lol).
When does TCM become SuperMasters or SuperClassics...?

Would it be better if they added to the GT one a bit? SuperGT Australia / Australian SuperGT / SuperAusGT / SuperGT3
I reckon they should've just gone with Australian GT3. That's what it is - nothing more, nothing less.

Unfortunately, the new organisers are obsessed with the 'Super' tag which, ironically, isn't super at all.

I seriously hope VASC can get more teams on the grid next year. An even number of GT4 would help, but today, it's looking like the Trophy Series.

They should look at the scheduling of the races too next year. How hard would it be to have one of the races on Sunday morning? Bit rough on the teams that did show up, to have all three on the one day.

Last edited:
Damn! I was hoping they'd at least send one car over for the 2018 Bathurst 12 hour :irked:

At the very least I was hoping they would enter the California 8 Hours like a few other PWC teams were doing. Could have been the chance to finally race for an international audience against international teams.

Back