GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

PWC is returning to Portland, surprisingly it's not on the IndyCar weekend.

http://sportscar365.com/world-challenge/portland-added-to-2018-pwc-schedule/

I've never watched a race there so no clue if that is good news or not.
As someone who is still an Oregonian in spirit, its fantastic to see the track getting major championships racing their again. From what I've seen of clips from the IMSA GTP and later the ALMS days, its a fast layout that provides good action I say.

Still don't understand how GTC hasn't taken off as it should. The MARC V8s have proven their performance and durability. Add GTC South Africa with their 2.0Turbo Audi, BMW and VW bodied cars.

EFF5BAB3-57DE-42A4-BFD0-2328BD26FB66.jpeg
Couple of things I’ve learned about endurance racing, im tired, tired and more tired but my god is it fun :D

3 gearbox changes, an engine swap, fuel pump change and god knows what else but 25th over all and 4th in class at the half way point.

View attachment 689411 Couple of things I’ve learned about endurance racing, im tired, tired and more tired but my god is it fun :D

3 gearbox changes, an engine swap, fuel pump change and god knows what else but 25th over all and 4th in class at the half way point.
3 gearboxes & an engine later, you guys are doing a great job to be only 21 laps of the lead. :bowdown:

How long does a lap take? 30 minutes? :P

3 gearboxes & an engine later, you guys are doing a great job to be only 21 laps of the lead. :bowdown:

How long does a lap take? 30 minutes? :P
We are averaging 1:55-2:02 depending on driver and no way we can win overall as things like class c is caterhams and class f is invitational so anything goes.

We are class A which is up to 1600cc and only 5 laps behind the leaders of the class so not too bad. We are in a Mini Cooper everyone else in the class is in an MX5.

Australian GT calendar for 2018 has been released.
Australian GT has confirmed a heavily modified 2018 calendar which sees sprint and endurance formats rolled into the main championship.

The six-round calendar includes just a single Supercars event, at Sydney Motorsport Park, with the second-tier Trophy Series rejoining the main championship.
1 March 22-25 Rolex Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix, VIC Sprint
2 April 14-15 The Bend Motorsport Park, SA Endurance
3 May 12-13 Sandown Park Raceway, VIC Sprint
4 June 2-3 Phillip Island, VIC Endurance
5 August 4-5 Sydney Motorsport Park, NSW Sprint
6 October 13-14 Hampton Downs, NZ

With Trophy series being integrated back into the main series, as well the addition of the GT4 cars. Hopefully we'll see decent some sized grids.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back