GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

Blancpain is just a amateur clown show. A safety truck has been stuck in the gravel for 25 minutes and they finally decided to call for a FCY.👎👎

Well that was a hell of a snooze fest of an 8 hour race with no way to even watch it without being throttled by a free VPN. Probably what lies in the future for the Suzuka race.

Maybe by then they'd realize incorporating these into championships that already exist will be a better idea like they do with Spa.

Why was it boring? It's fast cars at a tight track with GT4 traffic

Unfortunately, this is also a isolated event from a big name like PWC (even though it strangely was broadcasted in the US, both live on TV and behind a Paywall, by WC vision) so as a result, the attendance was...almost non-existant. Probably the first non-Nascar race I've seen since The indycar Autoclub race a year or two ago (Also in California ironically enough) where the crowd turnout was abysmal.

That's nice, what about the things on the track?

Uninteresting. Loads of mistakes, but literally nothing really ever happened (For seven hours) until the end.

I get that you don't like hearing about crowd attendance but if there is no one to watch a race (and from what I've seen on TV, it was a damn near ghost town), how in the world do you expect to have it even remotely successful? You can't have an event without people to attend it so its kind of an issue you can't simply brush off, especially if your trying to get something new off the ground.

Last edited:
I think the fact we had to look away from the track for anything of intrigue says a lot :lol:

No compelling battles I could remember, nothing really too gripping. Just clocking in laps and drove like a track day for most of the race. If there were more than 5 GT4 entries then I’d see where you’re getting at but the number of entrants just weren’t enough

I spent the whole weekend at Laguna Seca, there was a solid amount of people there... Saturday, when there were 8 races. Not nearly as many as IMSA a couple weeks before, but more than the PWC Finale from last year when OConnell and Long clashed. The start of the race Sunday had a decent turnout. I didn't make it to the grid walk (pounding IPAs in the campgrounds the night before might have had something to do with that :D), but the images that the raceway posted looked fairly full. Thinned out quite a bit by the halfway mark.

The race was yeah, not fantastic, and even at the end the only real action was the turn 10 incident between 29 and 11. Luckily had a good view of that. The marker tire getting kicked loose and rolling down the corkscrew and turn 8 before flopping at 9 was fun to watch too. :lol:

That's the thing that gets me though, why did they put an event up at Laguna Seca right after the IMSA event, and with basically no marketing or buzz around it? The only reason I knew it was happening was because Connor De Phillippi was on Instagram on the Thursday before, and subsequent Tweets about it on Sunday afternoon.

If this is somebody trying to trial balloon a possible endurance race in the winter with some of the Euro teams, then they failed spectacularly. Helps the race was boring as **** too.

Back