GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

https://www.speedcafe.com/2017/12/01/next-generation-marc-car-debut-b12-hr/
The second generation of the V8-powered race cars will feature a new body shape, a more powerful 5.2-litre Ford Coyote engine, and lower minimum weight compared to the existing examples.
The new MARC Cars will also be allowed to lap four seconds per lap faster than the 2:10s which the existing MARC Cars will be restricted to as per Invitational class regulations.

The exact count of the new models is subject to production runs at the team’s Gold Coast base.

“The new car will run to a 2:06s benchmark and it should be able to do that all day, so we are very confident they will perform very well,” added McLeod

Grove Racing have announced their plans for the Bathurst 12hr.

Grove-2-640x404.png

Man, that is going to be a bright car. :eek:

About the MARC V8. Wonder what new body they'll debut. Alfa, BMW, VW, Honda, Skoda, Audi, AMG, Toyota, Subaru, Opel.

Man, that is going to be a bright car. :eek:

About the MARC V8. Wonder what new body they'll debut. Alfa, BMW, VW, Honda, Skoda, Audi, AMG, Toyota, Subaru, Opel.
If they make it the hideous new Honda Civic, I'm going to gouge my own eyes out, so that I don't have to suffer watching it do a single lap.

If they make it the hideous new Honda Civic, I'm going to gouge my own eyes out, so that I don't have to suffer watching it do a single lap.
I couldn't believe how much bigger it has gotten. Looked bigger than the E39 I saw it next to.

Consider how long a run the gen 1 Bentley GT3 had vs the McLaren cars. The 12C came out what, 5-7 years ago and they're now on their 3rd completely different car? Cost/Benefit is easy on this one, you can keep the Bentley longer before having to buy a new car, let alone 3 of them. Simple economics.

Kind of surprising considering they were seemingly close to McLaren.

Consider how long a run the gen 1 Bentley GT3 had vs the McLaren cars. The 12C came out what, 5-7 years ago and they're now on their 3rd completely different car? Cost/Benefit is easy on this one, you can keep the Bentley longer before having to buy a new car, let alone 3 of them. Simple economics.

Wasn’t the 650 just an upgrade over the 12C? Could have swore teams could just buy a kit to convert it.

Kind of surprising considering they were seemingly close to McLaren.

Wasn’t the 650 just an upgrade over the 12C? Could have swore teams could just buy a kit to convert it.
It was. The 12C to 650S transition was really just a matter of buying the upgrade kit for the 12C, since the 650S was basically just an upgraded 12C road car wise anyway.

That seems to be the case, I couldn't remember the specifics of when that car came out. Either way you have to spend money because McLaren can't make up their mind. Bentley seems like it'll pretty much only make Conti GT3s.

That seems to be the case, I couldn't remember the specifics of when that car came out. Either way you have to spend money because McLaren can't make up their mind. Bentley seems like it'll pretty much only make Conti GT3s.

Bentley’s first car lasted from 2014-2017.

McLaren’s 650 debuted in 2015 and is getting replaced after 2018.

Considering the 650 was an update of the previous car, I would say it was a much better value.

Last edited:
Is this the right place to discuss the 2017 Ferrari Challenge season? I remember finding out that actor Michael Fassbender would be at many of the reasons this season and wanted to watch him race. The Ferrari YouTube channel has uploaded full races of this year. Throughout the year they just upload highlights but this is full races! So far they only have Valencia, Monza, Budapest, and Imola but it's two races at each and then there's also this Trofeo Pirelli that I don't know about, maybe a junior version of the Challenge? This is the season calendar below:

Valencia
Monza
Budapest
Le Castellet
Silverstone
Imola
Mugello

Is this the right place to discuss the 2017 Ferrari Challenge season? I remember finding out that actor Michael Fassbender would be at many of the reasons this season and wanted to watch him race. The Ferrari YouTube channel has uploaded full races of this year. Throughout the year they just upload highlights but this is full races! So far they only have Valencia, Monza, Budapest, and Imola but it's two races at each and then there's also this Trofeo Pirelli that I don't know about, maybe a junior version of the Challenge? This is the season calendar below:

Valencia
Monza
Budapest
Le Castellet
Silverstone
Imola
Mugello
If it's higher than GT4, this is the place. ;)

Back