GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

I’d dare say that Steve Richards is pretty past his prime now though, hasn’t really been up to speed ever in the M6. Still a good head on his shoulders though and would be certainty to bring the car home in one piece.

http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/news/entry-list-world-class-grid-building-bathurst/
The GT4 entry list :cheers: Just wait til the Mustang, Camaro, R8 and AMG GT show up.

37 C BMW Team SRM BMW M4 GT4
38 C Baigent Racing Ltd BMW M4 GT4
39 C Boat Works Racing BMW M4 GT4
40 C To be announced – USA BMW M4 GT4
41 C Ginetta Australia Ginetta Ginetta GT4
42 C Ginetta Australia Ginetta Ginetta GT4
43 C Ginetta Australia Ginetta Ginetta GT4
44 C Ginetta Australia Ginetta Ginetta GT4
45 C M Motorsport P/L KTM X-Bow GT4
46 C KTM / M Motorsport KTM X-Bow GT4
47 C Brookspeed International Motorsport Porsche Cayman GT4 CS
48 C Brookspeed International Motorsport Porsche Cayman GT4 CS
49 C Prosport Performance GABH Porsche Cayman

Nissan Motorsport just posted a photo of a new car they are working on for next season. I asked about why there were no plans announced for the12hr, and they replied:

Nissan has a long and successful history in motorsport both overseas and here in Australia. As part of Nissan's regular review of all marketing activities, Nissan are evaluating all motorsport opportunities and how they fit into the sponsorship portfolio. As a result, we will not participate in the Bathurst 12 Hour race in 2018, but will reconsider participation in future events.

👎

There’s two more GT-Rs in Australia, right? Hopefully they will turn up on a later entry list.
I can't recall if they are given support or not. Would be a big task with no help from Nissan.

That's not cool, that there is a factory car here and it's on blocks.

From my point of view, the really sad thing about no Nissan means no Nismo TV, probably the only non-geoblocked source to watch the race online. :|

From my point of view, the really sad thing about no Nissan means no Nismo TV, probably the only non-geoblocked source to watch the race online. :|

Hopefully it will be available on GTWorld this year as SRO ramp up their efforts with the Intercontinental GT Challenge series.

Fixed that for you :D
That ain't right.

..and you know, for February, they'll be let loose to run full speed. Their lap times won't be restricted. Might outclass the GT4 cars and be as fast as GT3 cars up and down the straights.

You know you can't wait to see that. :P

That ain't right.

..and you know, for February, they'll be let loose to run full speed. Their lap times won't be restricted. Might outclass the GT4 cars and be as fast as GT3 cars up and down the straights.

Not a fan, I assume? :lol:

I like the MARC cars. They add a bit more variety to the grid.
Correct @Spacegoat 👍 I'm not a fan.

I fail to see what the attraction is with MARC cars. How many are there? 10 maybe worldwide?

If they were a seperate class & attracted a decent field on their own, ok but no.
They piggyback in with the GTs or
Sports Sedan crowd when it suits them.

Besides all that, a V8 Mazda 3 & Ford Focus. Really? :odd:

Correct @Spacegoat 👍 I'm not a fan.

I fail to see what the attraction is with MARC cars. How many are there? 10 maybe worldwide?

If they were a seperate class & attracted a decent field on their own, ok but no.
They piggyback in with the GTs or
Sports Sedan crowd when it suits them.

Besides all that, a V8 Mazda 3 & Ford Focus. Really? :odd:
Hey, I remember those V8 RWD Focus conversions back in the day. :)

That ain't right.

..and you know, for February, they'll be let loose to run full speed. Their lap times won't be restricted. Might outclass the GT4 cars and be as fast as GT3 cars up and down the straights

Kind of...

The new-gen MARC is restricted to a 2:06 and the 1st gen MARC will still have the 2:10 cap.

IMG_8043.PNG

Back