GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

Hence BMW's M8 GTE...debuting this year in competition even before the road car goes into production. Heck, the road car is still being developed I believe?
Will the Aston road car be available to customers when the WEC season starts? If not only the Ferrari fits the spirit of the regulations.

Will the Aston road car be available to customers when the WEC season starts? If not only the Ferrari fits the spirit of the regulations.
Well it'll only be available in GTE-Pro because the new car clause in the rules (GTE-Am needing to be at least 1 year old), and I don't believe they have any customer teams in Pro. Aston Martin's got roughly the same view of customer cars as Porsche and Ferrari as far as I know. Beechdean and that ELMS team are in for the whole season in GTE-Am IIRC.

Porsche's new 911 is now available to customers too now so its only Ford and BMW who ignore the rules (if we just ignore the Porsche engine being moved forward bit :P ).

Last edited:
Shame they didn't this on the main straight like last year.

The Boxing Kangaroo livery on the Grove Porsche looks great.

I'm happy for this kid. Reminds me so much of Dick Johnson. Chaz is a tie, in my book, with Scott for most likable driver. No way I can call this race, but I'm gonna back him for the win.

Would be nice for a Bentley, once they arrive, to get the win. However, i'm just going with BMW after Audi, Mercedes, Ferrari, Nissan got wins.

Would be nice for a Bentley, once they arrive, to get the win.

I would love to see Bentley finally win one, would be a perfect send off for the old Continental GT3 too. But for me, it's a toss up between that Team Schnitzer BMW and the Craft Bamboo 911.

I'm happy for this kid. Reminds me so much of Dick Johnson. Chaz is a tie, in my book, with Scott for most likable driver. No way I can call this race, but I'm gonna back him for the win.

Would be nice for a Bentley, once they arrive, to get the win. However, i'm just going with BMW after Audi, Mercedes, Ferrari, Nissan got wins.

Good to see a proper factory BMW livery Grace the Mountain again.
It's been too long.

What have Honda said about introducing the NSX to the Blancpain GT Series and rolling it out perhaps to other GT3 based series like GT Open? Stuff was said in 2017. You can easily find it in the first few Google results but I still am yet to see the announcement of any teams buying NSX's. None are to be seen this year.

What have Honda said about introducing the NSX to the Blancpain GT Series and rolling it out perhaps to other GT3 based series like GT Open? Stuff was said in 2017. You can easily find it in the first few Google results but I still am yet to see the announcement of any teams buying NSX's. None are to be seen this year.
There are 2 in ADAC GT Masters but that's all I know of outside IMSA.

Blancpain entry list has been released, no sign of the nsx. Maybe they'll be there for Spa at least.

Back