GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Speedster502
  • 8,876 comments
  • 774,746 views
So was that definitely a safety car mistake that's handed the race to the Rast/Frijns Audi?
 
Seems like Mother Nature mostly won the 2019 24 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps. Congratulations to whomever won overall and in classes from this year's race. It was great to follow this race as much as I could online.
 
2474BA12-1D13-4553-9F84-96E282F833DB.jpeg
5CE330F3-4C6B-4CDE-8A6D-7693D4F97651.jpeg
DFE87EB1-7E58-40E1-9754-7D6600ABCE47.jpeg
2474BA12-1D13-4553-9F84-96E282F833DB.jpeg
5CE330F3-4C6B-4CDE-8A6D-7693D4F97651.jpeg
DFE87EB1-7E58-40E1-9754-7D6600ABCE47.jpeg
6CE889C3-B74A-4A02-8CF9-70ED3FBA60B3.jpeg
2768BE41-E5C5-42D6-B955-3BC0BC3EF9A8.jpeg
B3FC95E4-66E2-4380-8DB1-BB51BDE41851.jpeg
CF4E6A1F-1C4A-4081-BB0B-64E986D3EF5E.jpeg
63B92BA9-8F25-42EB-9AEE-93A5BC937FB2.jpeg
So I attended Spa 24 h since last Friday. Had a Great time. Sunday morning I woke up with the rain pooring down on our tent. We noticed that the race was red flagged.

Because all things were sobbing , we decided to go home to see Max win the German gp.
 
So I attended Spa 24 h since last Friday. Had a Great time. Sunday morning I woke up with the rain pooring down on our tent. We noticed that the race was red flagged.

Because all things were sobbing , we decided to go home to see Max win the German gp.
Looks like you had a good time. I was there Thursday through Sunday and we really had to put up with every weather condition except snow. It was an amazing time though. I camped by at Ster by Eau Rouge, looks like you guys were somewhere else.
20190726_202212.jpg
20190726_202707.jpg
20190726_212300.jpg
20190727_225631.jpg
20190725_110403.jpg
20190727_184703.jpg
 
Looks like you had a good time. I was there Thursday through Sunday and we really had to put up with every weather condition except snow. It was an amazing time though. I camped by at Ster by Eau Rouge, looks like you guys were somewhere else.View attachment 841564 View attachment 841565 View attachment 841566 View attachment 841567 View attachment 841568 View attachment 841569

Sure we had a good time. Everytime at any track = good time :)

When we arrived Friday around 1800, the campsites at Ster, were full. We headed for La source and down the road there are many campsites. Ours even had a proper toilet and shower. All for 55 Euro's for 3 days.
 
Hey guys!

Some images from Thursday at Circuit Zolder, the 24 hour race starts tomorrow!
Paul Truswell was walking around in the pitlane, but I didn't dare to have a chat with him for some reason.

48498988891_3730878ab0_c.jpg


48499160407_f08a9ab69a_c.jpg


48499160177_526d1e1958_c.jpg


48498988186_50b05527cc_c.jpg


48498988046_c4a7228b79_c.jpg


48499159562_0278d1896f_c.jpg


48498987576_c9224f24c6_c.jpg


48498987276_18caa0841b_c.jpg


48499158737_3255c513ef_c.jpg


48498986676_e5451252bc_c.jpg


48498986406_5718053c8b_c.jpg


48498986176_dd3c326225_c.jpg


48499157672_3b7d0df85d_c.jpg


48499157517_9152fcaf35_c.jpg


48499157197_c011220028_c.jpg


48498985176_2e8bc3b706_c.jpg


48498984936_6c19a1194c_c.jpg


48498984536_d54a12b84f_c.jpg


48499156032_28cda22e9a_c.jpg


48498983981_9b033a9bac_c.jpg


48498983816_8ba5180756_c.jpg


48499155337_fed4963694_c.jpg


48499155227_4cdf659dc4_c.jpg


48498983336_8452925d1b_c.jpg


48498983141_fb06b576a9_c.jpg



​
 
Who has the coverage for this weekend's Suzuka 10 hours?
 


I’m not sure whether it’s an error or not but in the US the YouTube stream from GT World is working without VPN
 
I’m not sure whether it’s an error or not but in the US the YouTube stream from GT World is working without VPN
It’s not an error, unless you live in Japan. That’s the only place it’s geo-blocked to my understanding.
 
Seeing Suzuka at night is going to be a little strange.
 
Why is the timer counting up?
 

Thanks for the links as I don't watch the European series but did attend the American series at Watkins Glen last week. They also had the new Saleen S1 cup series there. Saleen's plans are a GT4 entry with the S1 next year.








saleen protoandracecar.jpg
 
Last edited:
That's Cool! Those look similar to the Japan One Make series cars.
Super Aguri? I forget the name.
 
I hadn't heard about the S1 until we saw it on the track and tried guessing what it is. It looks like a Toyota Celica from the front, a Mitsubishi 3000 in the rear and a Porsche 911/Cayman form the side. :confused:
Saleen is going through the homoligation process, they basically need to make more of them. A couple shots form Watkins Glen.

14 s1 cup davis cpyrt.jpg

19 s1 cup lawrence cpyrt.jpg

john player special s1 cup cpyrt.jpg
 
This is the car I was talking about. It's what the Saleen remind me of.
IPSrd2_01.jpg


 
This is the car I was talking about. It's what the Saleen remind me of.
IPSrd2_01.jpg



That thing looks like it has the current Jaguar front grill opening. Cool looking though
 
I agree it's cool looking and I also think better looking than the Saleen. Low to the ground too.

That Fuji race is the first I've seen with the stationary cameras, a bit weird at first.
 
I agree it's cool looking and I also think better looking than the Saleen. Low to the ground too.

That Fuji race is the first I've seen with the stationary cameras, a bit weird at first.
Might have something to do with the size of the event. Super Taikyu used to broadcast with the fixed security type cameras. Now, those races are more televised.
 
ATS Automobili launches Corsa RR Turbo:

https://paultan.org/2019/09/24/ats-corsa-rr-turbo-600-hp-530-nm-weighs-780-kg/

ATS-Corsa-RR-Turbo-8-1-850x478.jpg


- Powered by a Honda 2-Litre racing engine that produces 600 horsepower and 530NM of torque.

- Weighs 780 kilograms in part thanks to an incredibly light 40kg spaceframe.

- Priced at 110,000 Euros for racing teams.

- Full FIA homologation, eligible to participate in German VLN, French V de V Endurance Series, CIVM, Hill-climb events and GT Cup championships.
 
Back