GT Sport 1.12 Update Now Available

tbh I think I'd pass on another oval track. never quite understood the fasciniation americans have with oval tracks lol
When I was young I watched Nascar but I did not leep up with it. Part of the Oval track love may come from our racing roots. So many ovals in small town racing and most of them are dirt tracks. Some oval racing can be a little boring but plenty of races have tons action. Sometimes indy gets the regs wrong and they races are down right scary. Three and four wide and hundreds passes can be entertaining. Probably more pass in some of those races than in the whole f1 season. All that said once I got into f1 it quickly became may favorite.

I just did some quick time trial laps on Interlagos with the Ferrari 458 Gr.3 with RH tires, TC 0. Same config I did on the FIA race today, and the Ferrari has a LOT more grip now. It still has sketchy moments where the back just snaps out, but it's no longer going into spin just from turning a bit too hard on the first sweeper. Going to test tire wear on a custom race now.

What! yes. Granted I use csl v2 and drive hub but I have to think this will help
Don't get your hopes up. It wasn't listed in the patch notes. I haven't been able to go online and actually see if it's there but that would be awesome.

Please fix...
39200146134_6d13b2bc8e_b.jpg

39200146304_2b9d63bbb3_b.jpg
it's been like that , I noticed it yesterday too.

Both the Huracan Gr.3 and R8 LMS handles much better now. They don't oversteer as much like they were before the update. I expect to see them more in the dailies.

Last edited:
Just did a custom race with the Ferrari Gr.3 with tire wear. Started out with RM, got down to about 30% red. Didn't really feel loss of traction until the last lap. Switched to Softs, ran them down to about 25% red, totally fine.

Definitely seems like the improved traction on the 458 is also helping mitigate slippage from tire wear. I imagine it's similar for the other changed Gr.3 cars as well.

2. The following cars' stability has been changed to improve their handling while cornering:

GR.1
 ・Alpine Vision Gran Turismo 2017
 ・Audi R18 (Audi Sport Team Joest) '16
 ・Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) '11
 ・Audi R18 TDI (Le Mans 2011)
 ・Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.1)
 ・Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total '10
 ・Peugeot L750R Hybrid Vision Gran Turismo 2017
 ・Porsche 919 Hybrid (Porsche Team) '16
 ・Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12
 ・Toyota TS050 - Hybrid (Toyota Gazoo Racing) '16

GR.3
 ・Audi R8 LMS (Audi Sport Team WRT) '15
 ・Citroën GT by Citroën Race Car (Gr.3)
 ・Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 '13
 ・Honda NSX Gr.3
 ・Lamborghini Huracán GT3 '15
 ・McLaren 650S GT3 '15

GR.4
 ・Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.4
 ・Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport '16
Well great :( , I really hope they haven’t messed up my beloved Gr3 Ferrari and the other MR Cars. Stability improvements, pfff. Bs. :irked:

Well great :( , I really hope they haven’t messed up my beloved Gr3 Ferrari and the other MR Cars. Stability improvements, pfff. Bs. :irked:

The 458 Gr.3 still feels like the same car, it's just not quite as squirrelly and the grip level feels more like you get on the Gr.4 car. That's not to say you can just toss it around like a Gr.1 car; it is more than happy to spin and I still have issues with the way the back goes out with little notice. But it's much more manageable.

The 458 Gr.3 still feels like the same car, it's just not quite as squirrelly and the grip level feels more like you get on the Gr.4 car. That's not to say you can just toss it around like a Gr.1 car; it is more than happy to spin and I still have issues with the way the back goes out with little notice. But it's much more manageable.
The Ferrari is THE Gr3 Car I use 100% all the time. I actually don’t drive any other Gr3 Car. I mean I have tried the others too, but the Ferrari is just THE Car I‘m used to 100%. I know it in and out on almost any track. I actually loved it for its twitchiness and almost unpredictable behavior it is so rewarding driving it on the edge. I honestly hope when I come home from work, i‘ll still find MY same Car :scared:

The Ferrari is THE Gr3 Car I use 100% all the time. I actually don’t drive any other Gr3 Car. I mean I have tried the others too, but the Ferrari is just THE Car I‘m used to 100%. I know it in and out on almost any track. I actually loved it for its twitchiness and almost unpredictable behavior it is so rewarding driving it on the edge. I honestly hope when I come home from work, i‘ll still find MY same Car :scared:
I hoped you could try it now :D :(

I pretty much use it 90% of the time, so I'm right there with you. I don't share your love of its unpredictable behavior, but they haven't removed that. I'd say they've just changed the points at which it becomes unpredictable. It still has that slightly out of control feeling when you push it; you can just push it a bit harder now. I think we'll see the 458 used more in races now because of that.

Now expecting nothing less than Deep Forest + Spa or Le Mans.

They should include at least one by the way car today, it would be much nicer!
It's already out and there are no tracks or cars. Just bug fixes and vehicle stability fixes. The proper update will be end of the month as per Nov, Dec and Jan

1. Physics Simulation Model
 - Traction control has been adjusted to improve handling.
Can somebody explain what this means please?

Does this mean that TCS kicks in more aggressively to prevent wheelspin, or backs off a little more now so that cars don't get bogged down on corner exit?

Can somebody explain what this means please?

Does this mean that TCS kicks in more aggressively to prevent wheelspin, or backs off a little more now so that cars don't get bogged down on corner exit?
Presumably it is an improvement in standard traction with TCS off?

It's already out and there are no tracks or cars. Just bug fixes and vehicle stability fixes. The proper update will be end of the month as per Nov, Dec and Jan

I mean on later this month, and one car for sympathies today...

Back