GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
Game crashes when trying to view friends activity.

Im using T300RS and don't think the steering is that heavy.

My throttle fluctuates at high speed like traction control is on....it is very weird. I have asked all my friends and it feels like I am the only one

Not so much a bug but I noticed a typo with the Peugeot L500R in the dealership. The description says the car has 493 horsepower (hence the name) and weights 2205 pounds but the spec sheet says the car weighs 3400 some sounds and has only 200 or so horsepower, seemingly copy pasted from elsewhere. I'm inclined to believe the specs given in the description are more accurate. Since I can't buy it in the beta (unless I end up winning it somehow) I can't test it. I'm sure the final game will fix this.

I feel ffb fairly well. I've noticed that when you understeer due to the settings the car slows and the ffb kiks in a little letting you know that you don't have full traction on the wheels. I also went into advanced settings put ffb sensitivity to 4, trq to 8. You do get random vibrations depending on the loss of traction and the apex you hit. The sand... I hate sand. Feels solid with the exception of NO clutch I appreciate not having to buy a new wheel.

Which is not what should happen in reality. The steering should at that point go light, as the self aligning torque drops off (due to the tyres going past the point of grip), the kicks you get in GTS (which the Beta also did) shouldn't be occurring.

PS4 Pro and the only bug that really bothers me is not being able to get into the options to turn off this incendiary club "music." Horrifyingly infantile "music." The worst part is it's overpowering the track and car sounds.

Not so much a bug but I noticed a typo with the Peugeot L500R in the dealership. The description says the car has 493 horsepower (hence the name) and weights 2205 pounds but the spec sheet says the car weighs 3400 some sounds and has only 200 or so horsepower, seemingly copy pasted from elsewhere. I'm inclined to believe the specs given in the description are more accurate. Since I can't buy it in the beta (unless I end up winning it somehow) I can't test it. I'm sure the final game will fix this.

That's to do with PD not factoring in hybrid power on their spec sheets. For instance, the 919 and TS050 make more than 1000hp, but the spec sheet say that they both make around 500hp.

1. Hi, My ID is Baulario and I have been playing from the start of this new Beta of Gran Turismo Sport.
I think I am a clean player on the Online Mod of GT SPORT.

2.My problem is the next one.
I normally start the races on pole position and on the last 3 of them the player in second position pushed my back car and hit me to the wall. HAVING A PENALTY OF 10 SECONDS while I was leading the race.
This happened to me for three times

3 I DON´T understand why I have a penalty if someone hit my bacj pushing me to wall and the having a 10 sec penalty.

I can send videos of this Issue.
Please solve this problem beacause it also makes people loose the CP POINTS.

I had the crash once when trying to open options, was fine after restarting.

Something pretty annoying. In an online lobby with friends, when I would downshift, I'd heard a tone like from a menu, when you hit the back button. Happened on every single downshift. Hope that gets fixed.

1. Hi, My ID is Baulario and I have been playing from the start of this new Beta of Gran Turismo Sport.
I think I am a clean player on the Online Mod of GT SPORT.

2.My problem is the next one.
I normally start the races on pole position and on the last 3 of them the player in second position pushed my back car and hit me to the wall. HAVING A PENALTY OF 10 SECONDS while I was leading the race.
This happened to me for three times

3 I DON´T understand why I have a penalty if someone hit my bacj pushing me to wall and the having a 10 sec penalty.

I can send videos of this Issue.
Please solve this problem beacause it also makes people loose the CP POINTS.
Unfortunately this is how the driver rating system works in all games I'm aware of. It's too difficult to assign blame so everyone involved in an incident gets docked regardless of fault or outcome. You need to watch your mirrors at all times if someone is nearby. I don't expect this to change after launch so we have to work with it. It should work out in the end with enough clean races to even out the odd incident.

Using a DualShock 4, the right trigger is a lot more sensitive than left trigger. Tried 3 different controllers to check.

Also, the scrolling text at the bottom of the screen is sometimes a bit blurry and hard to read.

Unfortunately this is how the driver rating system works in all games I'm aware of. It's too difficult to assign blame so everyone involved in an incident gets docked regardless of fault or outcome. You need to watch your mirrors at all times if someone is nearby. I don't expect this to change after launch so we have to work with it. It should work out in the end with enough clean races to even out the odd incident.

I would also add to just crank out quali laps until you can go no faster. I found that a quick lap time help a lot when getting placed in a clean group.

1. ********Nvm, Looks like PD know about it already********* Got P1 in a couple races in sport mode, but the wins aren't registering in the achievements menu. Maybe it takes some time? Weird because the number of races finished is registering the correct number I've done.

2. Minor one, the background color for you account in the activity feed always returns to the default color after you exit and go back into the menu.

Last edited:
A.I. IS OBLIVIOUS:

Campaign Mode > Mission Challenge > Stage 6 > Event #8, it takes over an hour roughly to complete.

Several times, you are bumped off, and knocked into by the A.I., and often spun off the track. The first time I did this, I placed 10th, okay fine. Try again. Second time, I am spun out on lap 30 of 30 two corners before the finish in 3rd place. Spinning out once, causes me to place 17th.

What in the world is going on with the A.I. in this game? Why do they seem to not acknowledge me on the track?

Same here, I've tried it 3 times. Bronze the 1st time, then twice I've been in the lead on lap 30 of 30. Tag from behind and spun out 3 corners from the end and the last time I tried I kissed the wall on the left hand side about 4 corners from the end on lap 30 of 30 (in the lead) and came to a complete stop like I'd hit a wall straight on. A proper WTF moment after racing for an hour (twice).

I have a t500rs, t3pa pedals and the th8 h pattern shifter.

I am unable to do most of the licenses because I dont get full throttle.

I turn off all driving aids including traction control but the throttle is intermittent (like as if traction control is maxed out all the time).

On assetto corsa and project cars everything works fine but on gt sport it craps out, its extremely frustrating.

I tried to upload a video to youtube to show you guys the problem and I keep getting an error.

Is anyone else experiencing problems with intermittent throttle ?

Its especially bad on the license test with the mazda atenza race car, you would think polyphony (after the many years it took for them to make the game) would have sorted this stuff out.

I have the beta now and I cant play it, Im seriously thinking of cancelling my pre order because whats the point if I cant play it ?

Maybe you should calibrate it with a PC?

Eu-it, ps4 standard G29.

I'm not able to play in sport mode as after the system does the match making the screen stuck on a black image. I can hear the bgm and the button sound (triangle). I must restart the game every time.

Ps. I remember it happened to me during the beta a couple of time.

20171010_204536.jpg
Why oh why if the graphics are supposedly so good is my car and the closest cars blue. It's a red car, I've tried every setting I can think of and can't get rid, ruining the experience for me.

Last edited:
Chances are high, that I'll sound very stupid, BUT I need to know for sure.

I can't BUY any cars in the demo.

Is this intended to be, or are you guys able to purchse new cars?

I right now have only 3 free cars from the license test etc.

When somebody on Tokyo behind you bump your car very strong that you end in the wall, you take 22 sec penalties and your SR go down imediately.:lol:
The best thing about this is that the car that bump you didn t take any second of penalty.:confused:
Need to correct this urgently , who come from behind must master his driving line.

Which is not what should happen in reality. The steering should at that point go light, as the self aligning torque drops off (due to the tyres going past the point of grip), the kicks you get in GTS (which the Beta also did) shouldn't be occurring.

I used a fwd car today and I did notice while making a turn and random shake for no reason. It was pretty rough. This happened several time in each race.

I forgot ... I was online racing in first place and suddenly penalties all over for no reason on a straight away. Sure let me just reduce speed for 15 sec so the guys behind me can pass and stop getting penalties.

Chances are high, that I'll sound very stupid, BUT I need to know for sure.

I can't BUY any cars in the demo.

Is this intended to be, or are you guys able to purchse new cars?

I right now have only 3 free cars from the license test etc.

It's intended.

I’m having an issue with the game crashing whenever I try to enter a menu. I am also unable to upload/download liveries, save the game manually, or view rewards.

Quite frustrating, hopefully there’s a fix for it.

Back