GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
PS4 Pro and the only bug that really bothers me is not being able to get into the options to turn off this incendiary club "music." Horrifyingly infantile "music." The worst part is it's overpowering the track and car sounds.

You can go in to all the options and audio settings and adjust all levels of audio & music levels and turn off in the race or in the menus (top left) or options >Audio settings. I'm not sure if this is what you mean?
Gran Turismo™SPORT β Version_20171011075122.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT β Version_20171011075141.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT β Version_20171011075150.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT β Version_20171011075204.jpg

Some logos don’t display properly in the editor. It makes no difference which logo it is that you use, they just stay invisible apart from appearing for a split second. If you place it it still does show afterwards

Tokyo's East Outer Loop has some serious issues with automatically resetting cars to track. I was in a Gr. 1 Sport race and three separate times I had a light clip of the outer wall in the final Hairpin before the start/finish straight and got reset.

In general I take issue with the over-zealous auto resetting and ghosting, it doesn't allow the SR system to properly give out penalties if people aren't colliding with poor judgement calls or track re-entries. It is irritating to take a penalty for getting rammed, but in the grand scheme of things the ram-happy players will be hitting multiple cars and taking more penalties - so long as you're patient and keep your cool you'll eventually out rank those players and get matched with cleaner drivers. This is what happened in the closed beta but the process is slowed down when people are unable to make contact.

Last edited:
On the driving missions, section 6 mission 1, the time for gold is impossible, if you watch the video it clearly shows the silver time as the gold time in the video.

Thats not true, I’ve achieved it and so have many others. Difficult to get gold, as it should be but certainly possible.

Just encountered a bug here, it’d be nice if any of you can offer any suggestions.

I downloaded GT Sport, and after fiddling with all the HDR/SDR and saturation/brightness settings, I found out that there is a black border around the screen, so I went to the options menu to fix it. However, once I opened the Options tab in GT Menu, the system encountered a bug (which has a code of CE-38700-8), the screen froze for a while, and the game automatically closed itself. Everytime I opened the Options tab, this happens, and the same also applies when I open the My Menu tab. But when I do anything else, everything is fine.

I have reported it to Sony with a video, but right now, is there any way to fix it?

Hello

I found this rare bug with my achievements, friends have reported that when someone tries to look at my achievements list, their game crashes, I also can't access my menu because it crashes every time. I saw in the news section of the game that if I wait 15 minutes it would work, but I tried it various time and it doesn't work. Is there a way to report this issue to the devs? because I am missing free cars because of this issue.

You can go in to all the options and audio settings and adjust all levels of audio & music levels and turn off in the race or in the menus (top left) or options >Audio settings. I'm not sure if this is what you mean?
View attachment 679165 View attachment 679166 View attachment 679167 View attachment 679168
Thanks Torque but they fixed it. I couldn't select any options for the music before as the game would just crash every time.
Edit: add video
So we there needs to be a fix on lapped cars. They do not know who's coming up behind them and they need to be made transparent as soon as a leading car gets nearby. Look at this video at the 2:23 mark and you'll see that we hit traffic on lap 4 and by lap 5 people were getting wrecked. I don't think the backmarkers have anywhere to go, it's not their fault per se, there needs to be permanent ghosting once lapped.

Last edited:
There is an issue with the FFB on Thrustmaster T500RS, the wheel start to vibrate and shaking when the car understeers, this ruin the driving and makes the game unplayable on the steering wheel!
PS4, GTS DEMO

This ^ the gold time in GT Sport demo is 0:26.200 and the video tutorial shows the gold time 0:27.300

I can confirm this, still available. I don't doubt you can still achieve it, it's just what shows is wrong.

Got suddenly disconnected when joining a Sport event

Distortion on dealership screen while using scapes background, and matchmaking screen

I'm using fat PS4 CUH-1206B 1TB if it helps

I’m having an issue with the game crashing whenever I try to enter a menu. I am also unable to upload/download liveries, save the game manually, or view rewards.

Quite frustrating, hopefully there’s a fix for it.
Me too

This in regards to the in game Achievement tracking. I achieved my first win in Sport mode and it hasn't registered in the Achievement tracking

Just encountered a bug here, it’d be nice if any of you can offer any suggestions.

I downloaded GT Sport, and after fiddling with all the HDR/SDR and saturation/brightness settings, I found out that there is a black border around the screen, so I went to the options menu to fix it. However, once I opened the Options tab in GT Menu, the system encountered a bug (which has a code of CE-38700-8), the screen froze for a while, and the game automatically closed itself. Everytime I opened the Options tab, this happens, and the same also applies when I open the My Menu tab. But when I do anything else, everything is fine.

I have reported it to Sony with a video, but right now, is there any way to fix it?

Delete your games save data and settings file from your PS4's "Application Saved Data Management"... To fix the black border, go into your PS4's "Sound and Screen" settings, Select "Display Area Settings" and adjust your "Display Area" border to fit your entire screen

I am experiencing a very weird bug while playing online. The sport mode works perfectly, but my car freezes when a race in the lobby is about to start. I have not faced any challenges while participating in the practise session. I only experience this bug when the race starts. Is anyone else also facing this problem?

There is an issue with the FFB on Thrustmaster T500RS, the wheel start to vibrate and shaking when the car understeers, this ruin the driving and makes the game unplayable on the steering wheel!
PS4, GTS DEMO

This isn't an issue at all. It feels perfectly suitable. The feeling you are getting is the Understeer effect when the Car goes beyond It's normal turning circle. It's actually replicated very well in the T500RS. It's not unplayable at all. You need to adjust to how this effect will be for your wheel going forward. Just practice in a GR.4 Car on Interlagos the best corner to attack would be the off camber turn of Pinheirinho.

Maintenance? I'm in the livery editor and don't want to go out (I get an error when saving :/ ).

This server based save sytem is going to cause quite a lot of problems in the future. Reason being that if your in the middle of an event and the server kicks it. all the time and effort you poured into said event will have been for not. It would be better if there was a save system that would incorporate both local and server saves. For instance, say the server goes down and your finishing up an event instead of fearing for your loss of progress, the system saves ot locally and as soon as the servers come online the save data is uploaded.

PS4, GTS DEMO
I confirm. First thought my wheel was dying, but no the game is trying to kill it lel.

Got suddenly disconnected when joining a Sport event

Distortion on dealership screen while using scapes background, and matchmaking screen

I'm using fat PS4 CUH-1206B 1TB if it helps

Having the same issue as you. Do you also get distortion in brands central when viewing cars under the dynamic scenes? [PS4 SLIM 1TB]

The crash when trying options disapeared, for me two days ago and since I had not that problem.
What persists is the message of no network when pushing the SAVE button. Always! About 15 times or so in the last two days.
However, I never lost gift or prize cars, credits, miles, or rankings :eek: I continue in the game, doing matched races, community, arcade, etc.
What appears to me is that the game does the saves I dont know where and when AND all these server related bugs will disapear when the free users are replaced by the users who actually buy the game. I am using everything excepting online lobbies.

The crash when trying options disapeared, for me two days ago and since I had not that problem.
What persists is the message of no network when pushing the SAVE button. Always! About 15 times or so in the last two days.
However, I never lost gift or prize cars, credits, miles, or rankings :eek: I continue in the game, doing matched races, community, arcade, etc.
What appears to me is that the game does the saves I dont know where and when AND all these server related bugs will disapear when the free users are replaced by the users who actually buy the game. I am using everything excepting online lobbies.

PD are aware of this issue, it was in a list of "known issues" in the information/news section at the bottom of the screen, there's still auto saves every time you change a setting somewhere.

Probably mentioned already but yesterday when tried to do that Interlagos mission the car (using Automatic gears) suddenly stopped gearing up at one point in the race. Also I couldn't connect to some lobbies while sport mode worked. Everything else worked fine so far

Back