GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
Report Time
Notice 1.The loading times & how the game dosen't even show the car. 2. The car switches colours from the garage to the race (Still!🤬:banghead: ) 3. At the end of the clip on the menu my driver rating is completely missing what on earth??.

Last edited:
@George Jakob .. Your mileage reset because you had finished your lap and exited the track when the clock had passed midnight. So effectively that lap counts towards the next day even if you have started the lap before midnight.

As for the second vid... All I can say is you might need to consider deleting the game and re-installing.

@George Jakob .. Your mileage reset because you had finished your lap and exited the track when the clock had passed midnight. So effectively that lap counts towards the next day even if you have started the lap before midnight.

As for the second vid... All I can say is you might need to consider deleting the game and re-installing.
You are right i made a whopsy the first clip :lol: deleating and re instaling :eek: won't i lose everything by doing thst :confused:

I still have the problem that it jerks on courses like Blue Moon Bay. The image comes slower over in the cockpit view. As soon as you change your view or have no opponent in front of you, it runs smoothly. I have now switched from LED to OLED. Problem remains.

As long as i don't lose my cars etc im good đź‘Ť .
Yeh, that looks a little ugly.
I guess it's HDD issues or network issues causing the delays.

You could try deleting the in-game network cached data under "Options", then fully switching off the PS4, then running Option 5 (Rebuild Database) in Safemode to see if it's HDD related.
https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Safe-Mode-PS4?language=en_US

And possibly try something with your network if that hasn't helped.
Perhaps try using Google's public DNS server.

But, as suggested, it may come down to a fresh install.

Yeh, that looks a little ugly.
I guess it's HDD issues or network issues causing the delays.

You could try deleting the in-game network cached data under "Options", then fully switching off the PS4, then running Option 5 (Rebuild Database) in Safemode to see if it's HDD related.
https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Safe-Mode-PS4?language=en_US

And possibly try something with your network if that hasn't helped.
Perhaps try using Google's public DNS server.

But, as suggested, it may come down to a fresh install.
Im confident its not a network issue because i have the same exact speeds since i started so i think its the or the hard drive. Thats so furstrating :banghead: i had similar issues with GT 4-6 but this happens only with Gran Turismo...🤬 Anyway thank you both for your help.

Not sure if this has been reported so far:

The Aston Martin DB3S seems to have a bug in the mirror, which makes the road behind you disappear. Looks very odd sometimes. (I'll update my post later with some pictures)

Not sure if there's a separate thread for this bug but I am still getting booted out of online races right before warmup begins. Happens periodically if I don't restart the console between races. Latest was just last night in daily race B (911 on the Nordschleife).

Anyone know if Polyphony is even aware of this? Seems to be something that affects quite a few users since launch well over a year ago.

Not sure if there's a separate thread for this bug but I am still getting booted out of online races right before warmup begins. Happens periodically if I don't restart the console between races. Latest was just last night in daily race B (911 on the Nordschleife).

Anyone know if Polyphony is even aware of this? Seems to be something that affects quite a few users since launch well over a year ago.

They should be aware since this has been happening for a few updates now, I also still get kicked while the race is loading sometimes so the only fix is to close and reload the game.

I hope the current bug with the loading screens is fixed soon though, it looks odd sometimes seeing a super closeup of Miku instead of the track
screens on the race lobby menu's.

Hi, I'm not certain this is a (minor but annoying) bug, but it would take some explaining if it isn't.

While driving round the Project X track in a Tomahawk, I noticed the car's power dropped after 3.5 laps. This makes it more or less impossible to win any race of 4 laps or more. The power drop happens in any configuration I've tried (custom race, fuel saving etc). I drive with the safety features on (ABS etc) though I don't know if it makes any difference. I have not noticed this on other circuits or with other cars, but to be fair it is so much more pronounced with this combo of car/track.

I have put an example on YouTube which shows the max speed of the car drop by 20mph.

The Tomahawks have a auxiliary pneumatic power unit....guess they must be running low on air pressure. Have you done a run with 10x fuel consumption and pitstops to see what happens?

Edit: I tried fuel at 10x and it wouldn't even make it a half lap at Route X. At 2x it makes one lap if you adjust the fuel setting. I got the same results as you did, top speed goes down about 20mph. The penumatic power won't refill when you take on fuel.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who doesn’t see friend’s times in Driving School and Learning circuits no more? I don’t see even my times in the tables (only new one, set after update)?
Hi, no you are not the one. I have just registered to that forum so I could ask if anyone else have it also, but I saw that it is not me only. So, this definitely seems to be a bug!

Probably isn’t new but you can set the cockpit view in cars without a cockpit...

D17B139D-912F-4F91-8B67-D8C85E5E49AF.jpeg

The Tomahawks have a auxiliary pneumatic power unit....guess they must be running low on air pressure. Have you done a run with 10x fuel consumption and pitstops to see what happens?

Edit: I tried fuel at 10x and it wouldn't even make it a half lap at Route X. At 2x it makes one lap if you adjust the fuel setting. I got the same results as you did, top speed goes down about 20mph. The penumatic power won't refill when you take on fuel.

Thanks for the info. That does at least provide an explanation. I don't think it happens to the AI cars though which is a bit unfair. I'll try again later to check if that's true.

Edit: The AI cars do seem to have the same "issue" so I will begrudgingly admit it's not a bug .

I guess the makers never assumed anyone would do something as dull as going round the Project X track more than 3 times. I am just trying to get my mileage up for the in-game achievement.

Last edited:
Question for all...
Yesterday i was at a friend house to hang out. GT Sport wasn't on schedule, but after we noticed that there are Race Slots for FIA open, he quickly jumped in. After joining the Lobby, he had a weird bug. After the first Lobby screen (where you basically just see the people who join), the game SHOULD have loaded the Track, wich it did. But his screen remained black. HUD was there, Leaderboard on the left was there too, basically the whole User-Interface worked. But we didn't see anything. We could see the "Pit Exit" Line in the center of the HUD and all. We could even see the speed he was going, Position on minimap worked. So he was driving blind. We waited for the warm-up to finish, maybe that would sort it out.

But when the Qualifying started, the screen STILL was black. He had to leave the lobby and take the Penalty for that...
That really sucked and it was the first time i saw this...

Does anyone know what i am talking about?
Did someone else have this problem?

Wookie

Hi, no you are not the one. I have just registered to that forum so I could ask if anyone else have it also, but I saw that it is not me only. So, this definitely seems to be a bug!
It's not a bug. Well, sort of not a bug.

When there's a significant change to the physics that renders direct comparison between times unreasonable, PD wipes the leaderboards. Your times and your friends times have all disappeared because you don't have any times any more.

If you set a new time, that will appear. When your friends do too, theirs will also appear.

That said, there is a glitch with this. After you have set your first new time, you cannot record a new, faster time unless it is also faster than the fastest ever time you have recorded for that particular event. Despite not being displayed, it's stored... somewhere. So if you set your fastest time on the 1.01 version of the game, you can no longer see what it is but you can't record a new fastest time until you beat that time too.

I'm starting to believe there is a game-breaking bug in the FIA races. First race my PS4 decided to freeze. In the second race, the brake began to do it's own thing, folllowed by the screen freezing on me, including the console. That very race, there was a bug at the start where everybody from 4th below stopped which lead to an 8 second gap between 4th and 3th up to turn 1. Having watched other streams, my car is still on the circuit for at least 10 seconds, yet my screen is black or frozen.
Has anyone else had this issue or are there any tips?
I'm very annoyed and disappointed, because I was in 3rd and 1st in the top split!

Last edited:
I do not know if it's a bug or disc error. That's why I write it here. When I start the career race in the professional league with the W08 I have strange jumps in the picture at the Fuji Speedway. I restarted the console and also watched the disc. Only the game is in the console so no scratches, etc. In any attempt against the course I have these image problems. I also like to make a video. Do I have such problems? That's annoying. Only affects cockpit view. I turn it is not so.

Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car: not possible to adjust the steering wheel view in its adjustment menu. (This may be a very old bug.)

1. Helmets being displayed in the grid walkthrough are delayed, so that the person starting ahead of you will have their helmet will appearing next to your PSN ID.

2. Disconnect Bug still not fixed. This is a showstopper and it impacts FIA races, I have no idea why they've let it go unfixed with no communication to the players for four months.

Not sure if anybody else is going through this. Last night, as I'm loading into Online Lobby the game crashed on me.

After closing down the program and re-booting the game, I get a Corrupt File message and the game re-made a new Game Save Data.

I was afraid of losing data but luckily all 484 of my cars and liveries are intact.

I went on and succesfully raced in online rooms for a few hours.

However, today the game has crashed at least 3 times in the last hour and a half and I don't know what to do now..

The disconnect bug has hit me hard today. Its not a bug that's been a massive problem for me in the past but today I just a not get into a daily race. As the lobby is loading I get dumped back to the race select screen. Posting on here in the hope PD see it and address it. Judging by recent posts in this forum it's getting worse and impacting FiA races quite badly.

Has anyone reported that their cars odometer is not counting up correctly?

Most if not all of my cars seem to be stuck at a certain point.

Also I guess chase cam settings bug has been mentioned, PD is taking their time fixing that.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm not certain this is a (minor but annoying) bug, but it would take some explaining if it isn't.

While driving round the Project X track in a Tomahawk, I noticed the car's power dropped after 3.5 laps. This makes it more or less impossible to win any race of 4 laps or more. The power drop happens in any configuration I've tried (custom race, fuel saving etc). I drive with the safety features on (ABS etc) though I don't know if it makes any difference. I have not noticed this on other circuits or with other cars, but to be fair it is so much more pronounced with this combo of car/track.

I have put an example on YouTube which shows the max speed of the car drop by 20mph.

The Tomahawk's hybrid system simply ran out of energy. You can recover some energy by braking.

I recommend using Blue Moon Bay for longer drives in the Tomahawk X. You might have to brake for the first corner, which will recover some energy and allow you to drive longer.

I'm not exactly sure of this, but the Tomahawk might also be able to recover energy from the heat of the tires. Since Blue Moon Bay has some tight corners, you could possibly recover energy this way.

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw that in general it remember my best time, that's OK. But it is still annoying "bug -ish" if for example I want to compete with my friends to run a faster time. Anyway.. it seems it happens every after single update, so it is how it works. Its not a big deal, but still I am not satisfied with that behavior.

Thanks for your answer.

Back