GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
There's something wrong with the All Japan GT..... I bought the Lexus Gr.2 a day or two ago (I'd forgotten how great these cars are to drive, wish I'd done it sooner) and entered the All Japan races in the Pro league. After a couple of trial runs, I went into Barcelona first as I know the track quite well. Quite an intense race and by about lap 4 or 5 looked to check position.... 6th. Overtook two or three more cars and by about lap 8 checked again (no, I can't keep an eye on it all the time, too busy racing!!).... still 6th. Wut?? Overtook another one or two and finished the race.... 6th.

I thought maybe I'd got so involved in the race that I'd been mistaken, or overtaken without noticing.... or something.

Did it again a couple of times, no issues, eventually won. So I thought for sure I'd been mistaken.

However, I just did Suzaka and the same thing happened.... went to 7th by about lap 4, overtook, and still 7th. This time I kept a much more careful watch. By about lap 7 came across a bunch of 4, overtook them all.... still 7th.... overtook some more.... finished 7th.

Has this happened to anyone else or is my house haunted?

There's something wrong with the All Japan GT..... I bought the Lexus Gr.2 a day or two ago (I'd forgotten how great these cars are to drive, wish I'd done it sooner) and entered the All Japan races in the Pro league. After a couple of trial runs, I went into Barcelona first as I know the track quite well. Quite an intense race and by about lap 4 or 5 looked to check position.... 6th. Overtook two or three more cars and by about lap 8 checked again (no, I can't keep an eye on it all the time, too busy racing!!).... still 6th. Wut?? Overtook another one or two and finished the race.... 6th.

I thought maybe I'd got so involved in the race that I'd been mistaken, or overtaken without noticing.... or something.

Did it again a couple of times, no issues, eventually won. So I thought for sure I'd been mistaken.

However, I just did Suzaka and the same thing happened.... went to 7th by about lap 4, overtook, and still 7th. This time I kept a much more careful watch. By about lap 7 came across a bunch of 4, overtook them all.... still 7th.... overtook some more.... finished 7th.

Has this happened to anyone else or is my house haunted?

They are multi class races with GR2 and GR3 cars, are you sure you were passing other GR2 cars? Keep an eye on the time gap to the position in front of you to know if you are passing for position.

Bugger, I didn't know that.... I thought All Japan GT was Gr.2 (that's what I needed to enter.... I'd had Gr. 3 before and couldn't join... maybe European??) I will check tomorrow but a very good point. You do know this will break my heart if I've raced my guts out and was only overtaking much slower cars....:ill: ?

Bugger, I didn't know that.... I thought All Japan GT was Gr.2 (that's what I needed to enter.... I'd had Gr. 3 before and couldn't join... maybe European??) I will check tomorrow but a very good point. You do know this will break my heart if I've raced my guts out and was only overtaking much slower cars....:ill: ?

You can only enter with a GR2 car but PD apparently elects to make the race multi class whether you wish to race that way or not.

Hi, I'm new here. By reporting a bug here, you can send it to the developers so they can fix it?

The bug I'd like to report is a problem with the "Chase View Camera Sensitivity". I use that set = 0.0; but every time I start the game, the camera behaves as if that setting has set the default value (0.5), but when you enter the settings menu, it shows the saved value (in my case 0.0). So each time I start the game, when I start the first race of the day I have to enter settings, go to "Adjust Chase View Camera", go to "Chase View Camera Sensitivity", change to something different than 0.0, press "X", then change it back to 0.0, press "X"; and now the camera behaves correctly (at least until I close the game).

I think the game is using the default "Chase View Camera Sensitivity" value when it loads, instead of the saved value. Fixing this problem should be simple. Please let the developers know about this. Thanks!

VBR
Please report all bugs & issues you find in the Demo & the full game here. Also, try to be as thorough as possible when reporting, & include as much information as you can. If we collate everything into one thread, then we can make PD's job easier to identify & fix any issues that have slipped through the net

Since 7th January 2019, when I am dirving anycar anywhere it doesnt matter in what gear im driving the car changes to 2nd gear no matter in what gear I am driving, it happens with the paddles or the gear stick, only does it in manual mode. I am using a G29 Logitech hardware. If I drive in Automatic mode, everything is ok.

Since 7th January 2019, when I am dirving anycar anywhere it doesnt matter in what gear im driving the car changes to 2nd gear no matter in what gear I am driving, it happens with the paddles or the gear stick, only does it in manual mode. I am using a G29 Logitech hardware. If I drive in Automatic mode, everything is ok.
Is your stick in second gear? Disconnect the shifter and see if anything changes.

I have the same problem but I get put into 1st no mater what and it seems to be random. I'm using the thrustmaster t150 with the th8a shifter and the t3pa peddles on ps4
Same here but in second, and yes, it happens randomly, I tried my G29 in Nascar game, and I had no problems whatsoever

Have been disconnected once mid lobby and once mid race since the latest update.

Also had the grid auto-drive around in circles in Nurburgring Group 4 race.

Grinding on BMB with the KTM like I've done hundreds of times. The race length used to be enough to complete the daily mileage requirement (31 miles) , now it is not enough (30.6 miles) Anyone else notice this?

Grinding on BMB with the KTM like I've done hundreds of times. The race length used to be enough to complete the daily mileage requirement (31 miles) , now it is not enough (30.6 miles) Anyone else notice this?
But the "Daily Workout (Driving Marathon)" requirement is, as the name implies, 26.2 miles...

Tire model: I think I know what is wrong with the tire model....(read a bit of sarcasm in here, please). The friction coefficient feels similar to that of a smooth gravel surface (or oily street asphalt surface) rather than a smooth asphalt race track surface. The grip level with sports tires are not even closely realistic to the grip levels you get in real life. I understand that, without g-forces working, you don't feel the speed and that you tend to expect more from the tires in the simulation. But, really, for Sports Soft tires to be so slippery, even on the N400 cars is a bit frustrating.

It could also be a lack of ffb on my G29 wheel where there is no "warning" before you lose traction (especially coming out of a corner), but there is not many options in the ffb setting do dial that in.

But, it is what it is, so we adjust and drive accordingly (as they say in driving school: "Drive to the conditions")

Is your stick in second gear? Disconnect the shifter and see if anything changes.
I have the same problem but I get put into 1st no mater what and it seems to be random. I'm using the thrustmaster t150 with the th8a shifter and the t3pa peddles on ps4
Well, last night I unplugged and plug again the stick, and it worked, I could notice that the stick was not well plugged. Results: It work well again.Thx

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, last night I unplugged and plug again the stick, and it worked, I could notice that the stick was not well plugged. Results: It work well again.Thx
I noticed with my shifter it was doing somethng similar, turns out I'd just left it in a gear! :D

Anyone noticed that rammers aren't getting penalties? From mega rams to hard bumps I have noticed nearly every time the rammer gets no penalty.

Tire model: I think I know what is wrong with the tire model....(read a bit of sarcasm in here, please). The friction coefficient feels similar to that of a smooth gravel surface (or oily street asphalt surface) rather than a smooth asphalt race track surface. The grip level with sports tires are not even closely realistic to the grip levels you get in real life. I understand that, without g-forces working, you don't feel the speed and that you tend to expect more from the tires in the simulation. But, really, for Sports Soft tires to be so slippery, even on the N400 cars is a bit frustrating.

It could also be a lack of ffb on my G29 wheel where there is no "warning" before you lose traction (especially coming out of a corner), but there is not many options in the ffb setting do dial that in.

But, it is what it is, so we adjust and drive accordingly (as they say in driving school: "Drive to the conditions")

Feels like driving on marshmallow tyres underwater on the seabed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've finally decided to knock off and gold the final circuit experiences and noticed that on some restarts rather than getting my usual bumper cam I find myself staring at the front end of the car. It's like I'm looking back from an invisible pace car. Not much of problem except I have to guess which way the track goes when 'start' gets displayed. It only happens during the count down and snaps to bumper cam as soon as the stage or lap starts. Doesn't effect normal starts only quit and restarts.

When looking back in hood cam, the sound is quieter. When getting out of that back view, the sound remains the same and doesn't revert back to the hood cam sound it should be. Only fixable by cycling through all camera angles until you get back to hood cam. Anyone else noticed this since the last update?

guys after last update i get this black screen, any solution?

Attachments

• IMG_20190216_201006.jpg
    IMG_20190216_201006.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 34
In the professional league All Japan GT Car Championships. It has 6 cars permitted and 36 main rivals. I'm guessing my install may be corrupt.

Have been disconnected once mid lobby and once mid race since the latest update.

Also had the grid auto-drive around in circles in Nurburgring Group 4 race.

There is another bug with the auto drive during the rolling start. Somehow one car from the middle stops (position 8-10) and the front pack continues, while the rest is stopping and waiting for the start (and are blocked by a stopped car).
I'm new around here, and forgot to save the replay, but I have seen it 2 times in the last month or so, in Sport Mode.

Back