GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
Re Traction - It appears that the car is losing traction when accelerating on the straights, particularly on all the straights on the Red Bull Ring, sometimes worse than others. Less so when in top gear, but sometimes hard to get out of 4th gear without lifting off throttle for a split second. Seems to be affected more when in auto, less so is manual. Been playing GT Sport for over a year and never had this before.

Re Car images - there are 3 cars affected, Ferrari F40, Ferrari 458 GT3, and Alfa 4C GR3 - I've attached a file to show, none have had livery edited.
View attachment 802658
Try opening your Garage and then go and make a coffee. :P
Quite often it just takes time for all thumbnails to generate, but once done they seem to stay there for a while.

I've had mine disappear from time to time, typically after a game crash, power outage, etc.
Giving them that one extended time to reload always seems to do the trick for me.

The throttle bar drops, not sure about the red bar, but the traction (wheel spin) icon flashes, so it appears to be the traction control. It hasn't been as bad for the last couple of days though - which is good.
Traction control is the icon with the car. The wheel spin icon is either auto-drive or counter-steer assist. It is really difficult to assess what the issue is without images or a video, but I believe assists might be slowing you down.

There have been reports of the DS4 controller breaking, and 100% throttle not registering. I personally had trouble with the Logitech G29 driving wheel due to dirt and hair in the pedals. You might want to check using another input device and see if that fixes your issues.

Twice this week the game has not properly registered mileage for me. Today I entered a lobby, ran 13 practice laps and a 5-lap race on RBR for only 13.2 miles toward mileage.

upload_2019-3-2_11-46-46.png

Report time
1. So because my game is bugged as 🤬 i run the GR.1 endurance event with every GR.1 car to kill time as you can see i used the classic livery on the Nissan at le man ( The loading is still:censored: that was the best loading i got ) right after at monza the game switched to the standard livery , i thought "well ok... " but when i tried to watch the replay ... well (sorry for the low quality)
2. I don't need to explain anything here .
3. Welcome back sound bug .
4. Not a bug but a funny glitch.

Hi help

I keep getting a red warning come up . 1 more incident i will be disqualified

Yep, someone taps me and i get kicked . Its most annoying have to wait 20 mins to get into the next race to be kicked again

I was on SR B DR A now C C wtf@@

The code is

DISQUALIFICATION FOR HAVING TO MANY INCIDENTS

NE-2108A08A

Been happening since the weekly races changed

GR2 RACE Fuji international speedway

Ive cleaned the ps4 and also unplugged it for 30 secs and still no joy

Hi help

I keep getting a red warning come up . 1 more incident i will be disqualified

Yep, someone taps me and i get kicked . Its most annoying have to wait 20 mins to get into the next race to be kicked again

I was on SR B DR A now C C wtf@@

The code is

DISQUALIFICATION FOR HAVING TO MANY INCIDENTS

NE-2108A08A

Been happening since the weekly races changed

GR2 RACE Fuji international speedway

Ive cleaned the ps4 and also unplugged it for 30 secs and still no joy
That's not a bug, that's a disqualification for having too many incidents.

You'll have had a race where you had lots of orange SR down arrows from car-to-car contact. The game then decided you were getting disproportionately too many of them, and issued you a warning that your next one would result in disqualification. Then there was a next one, then you were disqualified.

At that point you're on probation and will keep getting that warning at the start of a race. And you keep getting disqualified for then having one car-to-car contact.

What you need to do is have a clean race, without any car-to-car contact.

Your DR has fallen to C because your SR fell two levels below your DR and has reset it to a lower level. Also because you get SR and DR penalties for leaving a race - whether by disconnect, exit or disqualification.

Famine

Ive had clean races mate , this happens when people decide to plough into me . From the start line im getting warnings then kicked

My SR is now B and DR is B but finding it very hard to raise it if i keep getting the boot

Ive had clean races mate , this happens when people decide to plough into me .
Yes, that being the definition of "incidents".
From the start line im getting warnings then kicked
You'll have had a race where you had lots of orange SR down arrows from car-to-car contact. The game then decided you were getting disproportionately too many of them, and issued you a warning that your next one would result in disqualification. Then there was a next one, then you were disqualified.

At that point you're on probation and will keep getting that warning at the start of a race. And you keep getting disqualified for then having one car-to-car contact.

It's not a bug.

We dont all drive like idiots !!!!!! As i mentioned this has only been doing this for the last 3 days and ive had the game over a year .

Dont tar everyone with the same brush

We dont all drive like idiots !!!!!! As i mentioned this has only been doing this for the last 3 days and ive had the game over a year .

Dont tar everyone with the same brush
No-one is being tarred with any brush, and no-one is saying anything about idiots.

I'm literally stating the facts about how this system - which is still not a bug - functions.

Once you reach enough incidents in a race - and they don't have to be your fault, such as being poked in the rear on a straight - the game will warn you and then disqualify you if there are any more. It will then warn you from the start of the next race and disqualify you at the first incident - and continue to do so.

You can remove it by having a clean race.

No-one is being tarred with any brush, and no-one is saying anything about idiots.

I'm literally stating the facts about how this system - which is still not a bug - functions.

Once you reach enough incidents in a race - and they don't have to be your fault, such as being poked in the rear on a straight - the game will warn you and then disqualify you if there are any more. It will then warn you from the start of the next race and disqualify you at the first incident - and continue to do so.

You can remove it by having a clean race.
Ive just had 5 clean races .

So just let the rammers ram , you end up around 12th . Pointless really

Yes keep it clean stay at the back out the way

Great game

Ive just had 5 clean races .
Then, as I said, you should no longer have the disqualification warning right at the start of the race - as I said, it's not a bug.
So just let the rammers ram , you end up around 12th . Pointless really

Yes keep it clean stay at the back out the way

Great game
The two Driving Etiquette videos - that you have to watch before you can participate in online racing in Sport Mode - do make it quite clear that you are supposed to keep an eye out for other, less scrupulous drivers and ensure you are not caught up with their mayhem.

Somehow, in 440 Sport Mode Daily and FIA races, I've managed not to trigger the DSQ notice and I rarely finish 12th. I've even won a few races. You can finish well regardless of people who don't want to drive sensibly - and quite commonly they'll take themselves off as often as they take someone else out. You can usually tell who they are before a race, as they'll send the auto-message "Let's have a clean race!" in the pre-race chat.

Don't worry about them, just try not to get involved with their nonsense. They may ruin this race, but think more long-term about it.

Then, as I said, you should no longer have the disqualification warning right at the start of the race - as I said, it's not a bug.

The two Driving Etiquette videos - that you have to watch before you can participate in online racing in Sport Mode - do make it quite clear that you are supposed to keep an eye out for other, less scrupulous drivers and ensure you are not caught up with their mayhem.

Somehow, in 440 Sport Mode Daily and FIA races, I've managed not to trigger the DSQ notice and I rarely finish 12th. I've even won a few races. You can finish well regardless of people who don't want to drive sensibly - and quite commonly they'll take themselves off as often as they take someone else out. You can usually tell who they are before a race, as they'll send the auto-message "Let's have a clean race!" in the pre-race chat.

Don't worry about them, just try not to get involved with their nonsense. They may ruin this race, but think more long-term about it.
Sure i make you right

I have had the game over a year and not has this before hence why i asked

I try and be as clean as possible in all races but as your well aware you always get a bunch of idiots who are out to spoil it

Thanks for your advise

If PD warns and expects you to stay clear of the mayhem morons create maybe they should include a rear view mirror in more than just one driver cam position or get rid of the penalties for getting bumped from behind. What kind of moronic thinking does it take to decide to penalize the victim of contact??? It is not surprising that so many are furious with the way penalties are doled out that they dont even bother with sport mode or have substantially reduced their participation.

Exactly that ,if im braking for a corner and the person behind decides not to slow down why do i get 3-5 sec penalty , SR dropped aswell as flying off track

Yet the numpty gets a 3 sec penalty

Not a good system is it ,plus its a game you cant have eyes in the back of your head

Recently the picture for my cars in my garage are invisible, they also don’t show up on the top right part of screen when I’m in the menu.

Is this a bug or network/data issue?

Recently the picture for my cars in my garage are invisible, they also don’t show up on the top right part of screen when I’m in the menu.

Is this a bug or network/data issue?
On the main screen, try going to the GT Menu (top left corner) > "Options" > "Network", and delete the temporary data.
Then back out to the main screen, then "Home" and open your Garage.
Then wait for all the car thumbnails to slowly regenerate before exiting the Garage.

I wouldn't say it's guaranteed, but it's worked for me in the past.

On the main screen, try going to the GT Menu (top left corner) > "Options" > "Network", and delete the temporary data.
Then back out to the main screen, then "Home" and open your Garage.
Then wait for all the car thumbnails to slowly regenerate before exiting the Garage.

I wouldn't say it's guaranteed, but it's worked for me in the past.
Ok I’ll try that when I get home. Thanks

If the host and either driver about to go to the track happens it will make the driver stuck with the pit in screen for a very long time. Sorry for writing as english isn't my first language.

Now that v1.34 has dropped, I can't seem to be able to activate BoP in Time Trial.

Edit: loading the track multiple times and switching cars seems to bring the BoP option eventually.

Last edited:
I'm struggling with an issue I haven't found a solution to on Google.

tl;dr: my profile's acknowledgement of my daily workout gets bricked after one day with a reset profile. It started last year, I keep trying after updates, no luck so far. (links to YouTube after full description)

Full description (pardon the wall of text):
About seven months back I encountered an issue where the game stopped acknowledging my completing daily workout distance. While the game clearly still counts that day's raced distance (it displays the correct total after a race), nothing happens when back at the main screen, which keeps showing the distance done on the day the problem first starts since the last profile reset. Another indication that something is not as it should be is that the mileage exchange screen is blank after a race.
I mentioned resetting the profile; I didn't do it at first. After the problem first cropped up, I kept at it for a couple of days, thinking it might've come with an update and would get widely reported, hence also fixed with the following one. Frustrated, I uninstalled the game and I gave it a couple of months before trying again. Another install after a while (with, if memory serves, two updates in between), same result. I uninstalled the game again, only to give it another try recently. The problem remained, so I deleted my local save and refused to synch up to the online save. It dind't help. This time I deleted both the save and the settings (unexpectedly large a file). It worked fine after that, I got my workout car at the price of emptying my garage. It worked fine for one day. The next day, the problem was back. I kept trying, deleting my profile and seeing if the problem somehow disappears. Still nothing. What's worse, I haven't been able to find a similar problem and/or solution to it on Google.
I uninstalled the game again and took a few weeks to forgive it, but I'm itching to get back to racing. However, I'd rather not waste my patience on another blind reset, my poor heart can only be broken so many times. If you guys have encountered this problem and have a solution to it, I'd be grateful for your help.

Since my chaotic wall of text might not be too descriptive, I captured some footage to show what this issue looks like:

And a little treat for bearing with me, a minor glitch I ran into after one of the profile resets:

Back