GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
I recently encountered an issue where my GTS network save synched with an older save of my game when starting GTS from my old PS4.
I have a PSN cloud save with all my data that was lost, I downloaded it, and I can open the game offline with all my cars etc., everything's still there. However, you cannot replace the data on the GTS server with that system save data. Once I connect to the GTS server, it immediately replaces everything, without giving me any options.

I have tried to recreate the mistake with each update to no avail, and I really don't want to lose an entire year of gameplay.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and figured out a way to replace data on the GTS server, with data saved on your Playstation?

Thank you very much!

I Posted about this bug on April 1st last year & got no response as to anyone else having the issue, Maybe because of the day i posted people thought it was an April fools joke, Well after a OVER A YEAR dealing with it, It is still occurring & i actually caught it in the act of magically changing my wheels on my car to wheels different to what i have fitted while doing my liveries, First few seconds you will see the magic & after that you can see more cars do not have the correct wheels i fitted either, When checked in change livery.
Cmon PD, Get it sorted, It is highly frustrating & time consuming having to keep reapplying liveries.

The new Porsche 911 Turbo is in need of some TLC, someone seems to have stuck a wing mirror on in the wrong place! :embarrassed:

The body centre position is also out of alignment in the livery editor :(

Not sure if this has been reported, but there’s a sudden change in volume between chase cam and reverse cam, I’m certain that wasn’t there before.

Also quiting photo mode to go back to camera selection doesn’t seem to work with just the the on screen UI itself, it ignores your confirmation of ‘yes’. You have navigate back with the shortcut buttons (red O for back), then it will recognise that you want to exit when you select yes.

Encountered an issue where custom driver gear isn't applying at all in the FIA practice sessions
Noticed the same thing while preparing for Manufacturers recently. I believe that the default Nations/Manufacturer suit/helmet liveries were applied for much of last year, but didn't expect them to come back with the 1.41 update.

Noticed the same thing while preparing for Manufacturers recently. I believe that the default Nations/Manufacturer suit/helmet liveries were applied for much of last year, but didn't expect them to come back with the 1.41 update.
Was working fine with my normal race custom race gear until the last update:grumpy:

Hello!
I have a CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4 since recently, the power of the steering wheel has become very weak, twice. Now it’s not so comfortable to play in tourism, who has the same steering wheel as mine, is everything working fine for you or is it all the same?

LOL... just as I tell you its never happened to me, now after 2 weeks of using the wheel, I got it. I rebooted the PS4 (instead of closing the app) rebooted the wheel, twice, and and FFB came back. Can't say what it was, could be the wheel... could be the game... just not sure.

^ Some have reported this with 336-340(?) beta firmwares.

This happened to my unit aswell with the 2nd newest beta firmware; First day without issues, but second day it finished calibration normally, but FFB remain very weak (barely centering itself).
Booting everything multiple times didn't fix it... Later i connected it to PC and in the Fanatec control panel i couldn't even get FFB test to work, absolutely no sign of FFB.
Anyway i reflashed back to older 328(?) firmware and no issues so far.

*Too lazy to check Fanatec forums, so the drivers i mentioned might be wrong.

^ Some have reported this with 336-340(?) beta firmwares.

This happened to my unit aswell with the 2nd newest beta firmware; First day without issues, but second day it finished calibration normally, but FFB remain very weak (barely centering itself).
Booting everything multiple times didn't fix it... Later i connected it to PC and in the Fanatec control panel i couldn't even get FFB test to work, absolutely no sign of FFB.
Anyway i reflashed back to older 328(?) firmware and no issues so far.

*Too lazy to check Fanatec forums, so the drivers i mentioned might be wrong.

If the Fanatec control panel also showed an issue, that's confirms a Fanatec issue to me.

Not sure if this has been reported, but there’s a sudden change in volume between chase cam and reverse cam, I’m certain that wasn’t there before.

Also quiting photo mode to go back to camera selection doesn’t seem to work with just the the on screen UI itself, it ignores your confirmation of ‘yes’. You have navigate back with the shortcut buttons (red O for back), then it will recognise that you want to exit when you select yes.

I checked this yesterday, seemed to work fine for me. Could it be that there's an extra step of confirmation added somewhere in the process?

I have 2 maybe 3 bugs to report.

1. While hosting a public lobby last night. I changed it to practice/qualifying/race for a race, then back to practice/race, the start option while on track for start race was replaced with start qualifying.

So had to exit track to start race which put me back on the grid as I use fastest first option.

This was still happening after reloading the track by switching to a different track then back again. Eventually made a new lobby.

2. My car mileage isn't counting up properly. It counts up while driving but seems to reset after some practice sessions and races in online lobby. Havent checked if it counts up and seves properly elsewhere.

3. Not sure if it's a bug or just some low quality in the game showing. The amount of things popping up on track e.g trees, barriers, stands seems to be increasing. (I have a PS PRO) For example the trees in Monza in the far distance when driving down the main straight is pretty bad. I know that's quite a long distance but I thought there would be a better way of programming than to have a bunch of trees appearing from nowhere.

I've been thinking about reinstalling GTS to see if that helps.

1. While hosting a public lobby last night. I changed it to practice/qualifying/race for a race, then back to practice/race, the start option while on track for start race was replaced with start qualifying.

So had to exit track to start race which put me back on the grid as I use fastest first option.

This was still happening after reloading the track by switching to a different track then back again. Eventually made a new lobby.
It’s just the text which is incorrect; if you select it, it starts the race anyway, not qualifying.

When racing online there is a lag spike nearly everytime someone exits the race and leaves the lobby. This didn't used to happen. I've crashed a few times because of it and messed up a lot of corners.

2. My car mileage isn't counting up properly. It counts up while driving but seems to reset after some practice sessions and races in online lobby. Havent checked if it counts up and seves properly elsewhere.

This bug has been in the game for years and they still haven't fixed this. I just gave up on it.

Encountered an issue where custom driver gear isn't applying at all in the FIA practice sessions

I wasn't sure if this was a bug or something they did deliberately. If it was, what a stupid choice. Why bother having custom helmets and suits and not being able to show them off?

And I know this is slightly ridiculous, but I drive with the interior view and I need my gloves to be black so they blend in with the dashboard. Having bright blue ones is distracting.

This bug has been in the game for years and they still haven't fixed this. I just gave up on it.

In the past it wasn't happening as bad with me. What I did find is that there was what seemed like a loss of grip with no lag spike, but it was probably a drop in frame rate. Now it's a straight lag spike. Pretty bad when on the limit.

Hey. I got some minor Problems with the Rolling starts. I still dont figured out what excatly the problem is. First is to say I doing some Online Racing League and these are not public means only friend lobby and i dont have always the best connection. They running with Rolling starts and since 2 months im mostly likely to stuck when the cars are moving on before the countdown starts. That means my Car automaticly turns before the countdowns starts around and driving crazy around the start line and i cant controlled it. Even the countdown dont start on my screen means the race didnt start but the others can still race and have no problem. Anyone got an idea?

Hey. I got some minor Problems with the Rolling starts. I still dont figured out what excatly the problem is. First is to say I doing some Online Racing League and these are not public means only friend lobby and i dont have always the best connection. They running with Rolling starts and since 2 months im mostly likely to stuck when the cars are moving on before the countdown starts. That means my Car automaticly turns before the countdowns starts around and driving crazy around the start line and i cant controlled it. Even the countdown dont start on my screen means the race didnt start but the others can still race and have no problem. Anyone got an idea?

That sounds similar to the problem when in lobbies and someone with a bad connection joins the lobby and nobody can get out of the pits, the cars just drive in circles banging the walls and such. I'm not a computer guy so I dont know why when someone else has a bad connection it affects everyone else.

It is possible to change your tyre compounds while on track in a lobby. I have only discovered this today and have not tested it beyond confirming repeatability:
Mixed compound (SM/SS).
Pit and change tyres, compounds will match (SS/SS).
Exit pits and press the Options button.
Go into options and back out.

I decided to see how fast I could get the Beetle around Blue moon, I was bored! I did my testing and tuning in manual, later on I switched to auto to give my fingers a break. The car went from 1st to 4th without issue, but would not shift itself to 5th gear! I tried again and the same thing, redlines and bounces the needle for 3/4 of a lap but won't shift! I thought it was my tune, something I did so I used the original tune only increasing the top speed, same thing no 5th gear shift. Frustrated I mashed the controller accidentally lowering my traction control 1 to 0, with that it suddenly shifts into 5th! Anything other then 0 traction control and it won't shift into 5th on a tuned automatic transmission!

I get an error when trying to join a lobby/race online. In the loading screen where my car is showing, it just freezes. Keeps happening.

Anyone got a good fix for this?

Last edited:
I have done decals for over 30 cars and spent hours doing them and have got achievement for 100 hours raced but only up to 99 hours on game played.

Not exactly a bug, but made for tosser drivers...

If you are stand still on neutral and want to do some donuts reving up and putting gear on, with most quite normal cars it will get "invisible traction control" and skidding around is made almost impossible. At least Project Cars, Assetto Corsa has this right...

Back