GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
A small UI bug:

When running the game in Prioritize Framerate mode, the Garage icon for picking a car before an Arcade Mode race will appear huge and slightly blurry. If, however, the Prioritize Quality mode is enabled, the icon appears at least 50% smaller and sharp.

Hi ! I have a problem with setup : when i setup my cars in chrono solo player with performance balance, I set the gearbox but when i use the car with this setup in sport mode the gearbox is very very long.
Example : Porsche gr4 on dragon trail 6th gear 160km/h in solo with balance of performance, in mode sport 160km/h is 4th gear and i never use the 6th gear.
Thanks !

Has anyone else noticed weaker/varying FFB when racing online in open lobbies?

I could swear that room connection affects overal FFB -strength. I don't know wheter or not it's tied to game physics/tyre grip; like it arguably was in GT6.

I highly doubt this just nonsense, as with the Fanatec CSL it's very easy to notice the obvious link; when it occurs, even the rim's display is failing to show correct game data.
Been testing different rooms and just found a decent one where my display worked perfectly and the FFB was positive; felt like playing offline.
Then i had few rooms with constant spiking lag and twitchy opponent movements; had weaker FFB and the rim display was bugged as expected.

P.S. Not saying it's only related to Fanatec users, as yesterday someone else mentioned similiar; the lack of grip and icy feel once the race started... Can't be cold tires because it wont get any better.

Also room traffic can interrupt rim display from functioning.

Last edited:

I could swear that room connection affects overal FFB -strength. I don't know wheter it's tied to game physics/tyre grip or not; like it arguably was in GT6.

I highly doubt this just nonsense, as with the Fanatec CSL it's very easy to notice the obvious link; when it occurs, even the rim's display is failing to show correct game data.
Been testing different rooms and just found a decent one where my display worked perfectly and the FFB was positive; felt like playing offline.
Then i had few rooms with constant spiking lag and twitchy opponent movements; had weaker FFB and the rim display was bugged as expected.

P.S. Let's assume if it's GTS failing to send car telemetry for P1 rim to read/display, couldn't there be FFB singals missing aswell?
Not saying it's only related to Fanatec users*.

Many owners of the Fanatec CSL steering wheel have noticed that the steering wheel has become weaker, there is no that power on the steering wheel that was before.
And I don’t understand how AG ENDOR put on sale rudders that rattle during turns, this is a constrictive marriage of all CSL rudders. I wonder if it is possible to return the steering wheel back AG ENDOR so that they would return the money, because playing on such a steering wheel is simply impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noticed a bug i dont know if is new or reported already. Also yet to test if this is limited to a car/track/condition.

I was arcade time trial on redbull ring. Upgraded my mx-5 for weight and power and drove couple of laps. Then changed the weather conditions from top left menu - the track reloaded as usual, but then i notices i had lost the upgrades and setup on the cars. I also lost my mileage i had used. Atleast I noticed this with such cheep upgrades.

Here is a video where i tested it again.

My T300 button map is not working. Pedals and wheel work, but the buttons are not working as they were before the update. Already checked the wheel button map options and they're the same as they were yesterday.

L3/R3, PlayStation Home Button, dpad up (left, right and down work as camera view to look sideways and backwards), can't write in the lobby, can't change TSC, BB, etc (because the Dpad is not using the settings I chose).

What a mess...

Hi I have the error Ce-21000259, I can not run in sport mode. And neither does the times keep me. I have nat 2 and it is with the only game that happens to me. help? Thanks

Don't know if someone has reported this already but this is what happened to me. I watched a saved replay of a Sport mode race last week and I was moving forwards and backwards switching between views and players and so on, as I usually do. And suddenly I noticed that the PSN IDs above the cars had disappeared and wouldn't come back. Closed it and reloaded it and they were there again. Happened in more than 1 replay. I have watched lots of replays this way (since release) and I'm like 99,9% sure it never happened before 1.41.

Last edited:
Another Fanatec related issue concerning the McLaren GT3 wheel is that both toggle switches no longer function in-game, so I cannot use anything that is mapped to L2 and R2. Are any other Fanatec wheels similarly affected?

I'm using the latest v328 drivers in my CSL Elite base. Firmware numbers shown on steering wheel display after the start-up calibration:
Code:
WHEEL BASE 630
MOT CON 18
ST WHEEL 30
The above issue I posted before still exists after V1.43.

changed the weather conditions from top left menu - the track reloaded as usual, but then i notices i had lost the upgrades and setup on the cars

The entire page with the upgrades or a tune up is deleted from the setup sheet...missing, gone, poof, and you can't get it back. Way to go, PD. :mad:

Noticed a bug in wet weather... The slick tyre is just as fast as the wet tyre.
Possible explanation from David Perel: grip is fudged depending on tire selection, not track conditions. Thus he suggests banning slicks in wet races.

I guess you probably know by now. Real rain grip reduction is not available in arcade time trial mode. Custom race and lobbies only.

Is there a known bug where your custom helmet and suit liveries do not appear when racing online? I've noticed it for a while now. Oddly enough, since I think the second last update where there was a note in the changelog saying "fixed bug where custom helmet and suit liveries do not appear online "

You think they meant "added bug"?

Is there a known bug where your custom helmet and suit liveries do not appear when racing online? I've noticed it for a while now. Oddly enough, since I think the second last update where there was a note in the changelog saying "fixed bug where custom helmet and suit liveries do not appear online "

You think they meant "added bug"?
I had it happen offline too on some occasions. I felt it was due to having some connection issues, I often have trouble around liveries because of this.

Hello everyone,

The game has provided me a annoying bug recently. While qualifying to daily races I can't register a time. After a lap made, I get a notification in upper right corner on yellow box that "couldn't register a time, check your online connection". I'm pretty sure that everything with wifi connection is working perfectly well. Game in a menu shows that I'm green on internet connection. Every online feature works. I tried to delete temporary files and reopen GT Sport again and it doesn't work. It lasts for around one week now and I can't race .. anyone can help, any ideas?

Thanks,

Norbert

Hello everyone,

The game has provided me a annoying bug recently. While qualifying to daily races I can't register a time. After a lap made, I get a notification in upper right corner on yellow box that "couldn't register a time, check your online connection". I'm pretty sure that everything with wifi connection is working perfectly well. Game in a menu shows that I'm green on internet connection. Every online feature works. I tried to delete temporary files and reopen GT Sport again and it doesn't work. It lasts for around one week now and I can't race .. anyone can help, any ideas?

Thanks,

Norbert
That sounds terrible. I would try with another user account if you have some on your PS4, just to see what happens then.

That sounds terrible. I would try with another user account if you have some on your PS4, just to see what happens then.

I can add that I'm racing successfully for like 6 months in two different apartments on different wifi and everything was fine with connection. I just moved to another apartment and this problem occurred. It's hard to believe that it has something in common with new flat and new wifi connection. It shows NAT type 2 and every other online game works totally fine..

I can add that I'm racing successfully for like 6 months in two different apartments on different wifi and everything was fine with connection. I just moved to another apartment and this problem occurred. It's hard to believe that it has something in common with new flat and new wifi connection. It shows NAT type 2 and every other online game works totally fine..
I've got Nat3 and it's hard to connect to a broad spectrum of players online. :guilty:

This bug report concerns the newly updated feature in which we are able to select driver cockpit view for other drivers during replays & during live viewing in online lobbies.

Following update 1.41 when driver cockpit view was selected, I was able to toggle between all cars on track while maintaining that view. Now it seems that the view defaults back to hood view upon any target car switch. I am able to return to the driver cockpit view, but this is merely momentary while I remain viewing that driver's car.

Q1: Does this change bother anyone else?

Q2: Does anyone know whether this change was intentional?

Q3: Does anyone know whether a future update will address this change by returning to 1.41 behavior?

This bug report concerns the newly updated feature in which we are able to select driver cockpit view for other drivers during replays & during live viewing in online lobbies.

Following update 1.41 when driver cockpit view was selected, I was able to toggle between all cars on track while maintaining that view. Now it seems that the view defaults back to hood view upon any target car switch. I am able to return to the driver cockpit view, but this is merely momentary while I remain viewing that driver's car.

Q1: Does this change bother anyone else?

Q2: Does anyone know whether this change was intentional?

Q3: Does anyone know whether a future update will address this change by returning to 1.41 behavior?

should there be a patch next week!

I could swear that room connection affects overal FFB -strength. I don't know wheter or not it's tied to game physics/tyre grip; like it arguably was in GT6.

P.S. Not saying it's only related to Fanatec users, as yesterday someone else mentioned similiar; the lack of grip and icy feel once the race started... Can't be cold tires because it wont get any better.

Also room traffic can interrupt rim display from functioning.

I had this problem of variable Force and Force Feed Back issues yesterday. It didnt matter whether I was in a lobby or racing in Campaign and Time Trial modes but everytime I changed a room or race I had to change the Force settings on my Fanatec CSL Elite. My Force setting started out feeling normal with my setting adjusted to 70, then it gradually got so stiff I adjusted it down to 40, then after switching rooms a couple of times I had turn the Force setting back up a little. Ironically I also had the game lock up on me whole in the garage selecting a car for a lobby race, I was stuck in the garage and could move the cursor and none of the buttons would work.

I dont know if this was reported but the third person view camera settings keep resetting after a restart of the game.
Saving the game manually doesn't help.

Adjusting Fanatec CSL Elite's tuning menu while racing online can cause lag-spikes!
Didn't dare to test it more than twice during the race, but in both scenarious it happened when closing the menu... Literally right after.
Now watching the replay and lag-spikes are clearly there. Otherwise the online room ran smoothly... Coincidence maybe, but unlikely.

P.S. I haven't noticed varying FFB in single player, but i have only done one-make TT's... So can't say for sure. In lobbies you can notice the difference in 30sec or so, once the host starts the race.

Also Fanatec pedal set (no LC) wont calibrate properly, sometimes i can barely apply 100% braking power & sometimes it remain very short no matter how hard/far i press the pedal.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back