GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
What do you mean?
I mean I'm writing this right now, thus PD will definitely be aware of it in about... four hours:

upload_2020-1-27_12-53-34.png

So you think they actively keep their eye on these forums and work on any issues identified herein?
PD (and Sony) absolutely does keep an eye on the forums anyway - I've actually seen it, in person - but a news post and the associated social media posts put it just that little bit more out there.

PD (and Sony) absolutely does keep an eye on the forums anyway - I've actually seen it, in person - but a news post and the associated social media posts put it just that little bit more out there.

:confused:

So basically if an exploit somehow gets noticed on here in 4 hours or so it will be fixed?
Can you maybe get Sony/PD to give us some insight on next-gen? :lol:

So basically if an exploit somehow gets noticed on here in 4 hours or so it will be fixed?
No, I'm writing the article and it will go up on the site in about 2.5hr now. Whether it gets fixed or not is not in my control.

So what is the workout bug exactly? I had an odd experience today where the workout gift was applied on boot. I then got another car after completing my normal miles.

Edit: Ah, read famines article.

Also, friend has just started gt sport. Joined my lobby and can't deactivate the auto drive function from driving options. It comes back after every race. Does that sound familiar?

So what is the workout bug exactly? I had an odd experience today where the workout gift was applied on boot. I then got another car after completing my normal miles.

Also, friend has just started gt sport. Joined my lobby and can't deactivate the auto drive function from driving options. It comes back after every race. Does that sound familiar?
My workout bug is just that the game doesn't give me the reward upon completion of the mileage.

Has anyone else experienced the problem in lobbies when you get into the race it seems like the car loses ABS despite it being switched on. Me and a couple of other friends have all experienced it now at various tracks. Not happening all the time but is definitely annoying when it does

Have come across a sound glitch at Laguna during the dailies, car sound is all over the place, tried Nurburgring GP & no problem with sound. Anyone else experience this at Laguna?

Hello,

Since this last update I came across a huge bug on the lobby room.
I've set up a lobby with all contact penalties off, but the game is still giving penalties out.
Was trying to race with my friends with shortcut penalty ON and all contact penalties OFF, but the game keeps giving penalties to any contact between cars. I have to turn off shortcut penalty for the game to stop giving penalties on contact, but then drivers won't get a penalty for shortcutting.
It basically ruins the lobby races for me and my friends championship.

Let's see what DP will do about this, this last update didn't bring anything good to the game in regards to penalties. It just keeps getting worst.

Hello,

I've set up a lobby with all contact penalties off, but the game is still giving penalties out.
Was trying to race with my friends with shortcut penalty ON and all contact penalties OFF, but the game keeps giving penalties to any contact between cars. I have to turn off shortcut penalty for the game to stop giving penalties on contact, but then drivers won't get a penalty for shortcutting.

Let's see what DP will do about this, this last update didn't bring anything good to the game in regards to penalties. It just keeps getting worst.

Stop hitting each other then. Problem solved. :lol:

Im experiencing sudden loss of steering, I'll be mid corner and all of a sudden the steering will just straighten up and will not allow me to turn in no matter my controller input. Its like the ai just takes over and decides to drive me straight off the track, this is happening online and is very frustrating especially because its always when I'm leading the race......

Have come across a sound glitch at Laguna during the dailies, car sound is all over the place, tried Nurburgring GP & no problem with sound. Anyone else experience this at Laguna?
Sometimes when Im overtaking my engine will go completely silent and all I can hear is the car next to me. Happens at a few tracks.

Has anyone else experienced the problem in lobbies when you get into the race it seems like the car loses ABS despite it being switched on. Me and a couple of other friends have all experienced it now at various tracks. Not happening all the time but is definitely annoying when it does
Apparently thats solvable by warming up before the race, though it should not be like that in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Stop hitting each other then. Problem solved. :lol:

Problem here is not me hitting them, is the other way around and I'm the one getting the time penalty!

You're the lobby owner. Make it absolutely clear in the lobby description that because of a penalty settings bug it is for no-contact racing only. That all the players who can't race clean will be kicked out. Problem solved. If it indeed is a bug, then it's gonna take at least until the next update (if ever) to be fixed. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Ok its doing it on nearly every corner now seriously what is going on? Making myself look like a moron everytime I go to turn in the computer just takes over and completely ruins mine and others race.

Controller.
No its dedinitely an in game issue, works fine when I play arcade or campaign but when I go online it completely takes over while I'm cornering in qualifying or race mode.
Its almost like the game tries to adjust my line mid corner which then results in me going off track. Very, very frustrating.

No its dedinitely an in game issue, works fine when I play arcade or campaign but when I go online it completely takes over while I'm cornering in qualifying or race mode.
Its almost like the game tries to adjust my line mid corner which then results in me going off track. Very, very frustrating.

If it only happens online, then it's lag. Something wrong with your connection. Data packets getting lost. Either your router is acting up or your ISP is having some issues.

If it only happens online, then it's lag. Something wrong with your connection. Data packets getting lost. Either your router is acting up or your ISP is having some issues.
Yes, as soon as there is extra data transfering, as in calculating the cars at the corner it lags. Restart router first

Could be but that shouldn't effect me should it? I would only see everyone else lagging but it shouldn't effect my control over the car. Best way to describe it is if the auto steer was switching on mid corner but going completely off line instead. It starts adjusting my steering till its pretty much straight and then once I'm in the gravel it'll suddenly turn off and I'll be able to steer as normal.

Could be but that shouldn't effect me should it? I would only see everyone else lagging but it shouldn't effect my control over the car. Best way to describe it is if the auto steer was switching on mid corner but going completely off line instead. It starts adjusting my steering till its pretty much straight and then once I'm in the gravel it'll suddenly turn off and I'll be able to steer as normal.
Do you have CSA on? :P

There's an in-game feature that allows you to check your connection to GTS servers. I recommend you use it. Until then we're just guessing. But I say it's 99,9% your connection.

Back