GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
There's an in-game feature that allows you to check your connection to GTS servers. I recommend you use it. Until then we're just guessing. But I say it's 99,9% your connection.
Server is operating normally and my connection is at one of its faster states. I don't think lagging is the issue, it's never done this before. Even when its shown 1 bar on pre race menu. Right now I'm currently 1 bar off full connection. Very confused.

Some insight as to what is happening. Every corner was taken at full left or right input just to show how it was effecting me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Server is operating normally and my connection is at one of its faster states. I don't think lagging is the issue, it's never done this before. Even when its shown 1 bar on pre race menu. Right now I'm currently 1 bar off full connection. Very confused.

Some insight as to what is happening. Every corner was taken at full left or right input just to show how it was effecting me.

Well, this is not a very good example. You're going way too quickly through the corner and the car just understeers. Although why he stops turning the wheel is odd. But maybe it's normal, I don't know. I don't use cockpit view. Does this happen in a Gr. 3 car at Nürburgring as well? If yes, then please post a video of it.

Well, this is not a very good example. You're going way too quickly through the corner and the car just understeers. Although why he stops turning the wheel is odd. But maybe it's normal, I don't know. I don't use cockpit view. Does this happen in a Gr. 3 car at Nürburgring as well? If yes, then please post a video of it.
I'll try out the nurburgring soon but I was using full lock just to show how it was fighting me in every way, I recorded a new one with bumper cam just lapping as normal where it actually let me put 2 clean laps together without interference, I'll post it as soon as I can, should be abit more clear to see. The first corner though you could see it would turn right then left then right then left like it refused to let me use full lock, I was only turning right on the controller without any adjustments. I know I was going abit too fast for the corner but it shouldn't refuse to turn the wheel. Then corner 5 where it only half turned and just locked in that position then turn 1 again wouldn't let me turn in just locked in position.

Last edited:
Do you have another controller to try? Mine broke and would have weird steering inputs too! It does sound like an internet issue though if it's online only,

I'll try out the nurburgring soon but I was using full lock just to show how it was fighting me in every way, I recorded a new one with bumper cam just lapping as normal where it actually let me put 2 clean laps together without interference, I'll post it as soon as I can, should be abit more clear to see.
Do you have another controller to try? Mine broke and would have weird steering inputs too! It does sound like an internet issue though if it's online only,
I don't have another controller, it does stick a tiny bit to the right sometimes, but I can assure its not the controllers fault. I dunno, I'm abit mind boggled because of this. It just feels like there's no flow it just fights me on every corner. I'm kinda hoping it is a problem with the network and not a bug itself because it's really made me feel uncomfortable when driving.

Here's the video

Time it happens
0:20
0:30
0:50
1:40
2:56
3:11
I'll have a go at gr3 later and see how it goes
I just started a campaign race group1cup and it did the same thing on the 2nd corner where it just locks halfway and wont let me turn left or right so now I am certain it isn't a network issue and I tested the controller on project cars 2 and there was no issues so it is definitely not the controller or network. Now I'm pretty sad I can't play GTS thanks for everyones suggestions I appreciate the replies.

Last edited:

So, I tried this with my game (daily race A) in cockpit view and when I'm in T1 at full lock with the controller, he just keeps turning the wheel even when the car is understeering into the wall. It really starts to look like a controller issue. You know what you should try? Go to Options and assign the steering to the other stick. Or the D-pad might probably be better. If it stops doing it then it's the controller. I think it's worth a shot.

EDIT:
Not likely but bluetooth might be acting up. Connecting the controller to the PS4 with the USB cable will confirm/rule out bluetooth issues.

Last edited:
So, I tried this with my game (daily race A) in cockpit view and when I'm in T1 at full lock with the controller, he just keeps turning the wheel even when the car is understeering into the wall. It really starts to look like a controller issue. You know what you should try? Go to Options and assign the steering to the other stick. Or the D-pad might probably be better. If it stops doing it then it's the controller. I think it's worth a shot.
Thanks for the suggestion I really appreciate it.
So I tried it with the motion sensor steering and that didnt seem to have any problems at all, was smooth and turned when I wanted to turn.
BUT... Then I tried the dpad and it seemed to have the same issues when I drive with analog, it just interrupts my input and does what ever the heck it wants to. I guess I could get use to the motion sensor though definitely prefer controller input. I dunno its like it doesnt want to accept any actual control input every now and then. I have tested on other games and it works just fine so its nothing to do with my controller. Yeah, I dunno.

Hello everybody,

It's the exact word "unplayable" !!!
Since the last updates this system kills the game, because they don't know how to do it !
But since this all latest update, it's catastrophic, I just decided to stop the game after 2 years of racing every days !
When this problem will be solved, maybe I will come back, but it seems PD is not closed to a good solution.
It's a pity !

Hello,
How to report to Polyphony Digital ?
I placed few posts on the latest thread of the Kaz Twitter ( Kaz Yamauchi ) and on the GranTurismo Twitter page.
There are many bugs to report, but I actually asked for the penalty problem.
I invite you to do the same, or if you have a better way to contact them ?

The job is done, you can comment and/or like, I hope this will be read :

https://twitter.com/Sylverisrc/with_replies
( you have to read from the bottom of course )
Thanks,
Bye !

Last edited:
I'm still awaiting the correction of this camera bug on the Honda powered !!
20200122_062512.jpg

Attachments

• 20200122_062509.jpg
    20200122_062509.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 16
Have noticed this throttle glitch in the game where I can be at full throttle and you look at the throttle indicator and it’s not at full throttle more like 80%-90% bouncing around even thou the pedal is flat to the floor at the same time the abs light is flashing on and off.

now at first I thought ok maybe my pedals are playing up so I opened my g29 modded pedals up (using with T300rs) to clean connections and re test .
Connected everything back up and still had this glitch so I got the original pedals out brand new still in plastic and used them and still had this throttle bounce glitch so I connected the wheel to the pc to diagnose it and both pedals worked perfectly started up PS4 and played f1 2019 and worked perfectly same for AC and project cars so I eliminated it being faulty pedals .
Started up GT and went to the daily’s all was well until start of the race got on the straight and at full throttle the indicator is bouncing around again like a yo-yo at one point it showed barely half throttle yet it was pushing it through the floor in frustration.
Dissconected the wheel and tried with the pad and it carried on doing it has anyone else come across this issue as it’s happening every few online races and in fia lobbies at completely random times ?

I look the previous recent pages of this thread, I didn't see it, so...

Facts: Last week I start the game, and impossible to open my old liveries into the livery editor... They all disapear of the livery editor (only appearance of some default ones). I add the fact I didn't reach of the 1000 liveries maximum, so not this problem.

The good point is the game saved all the liveries into my "livery library", so I still can choose to apply all my previous liveries on cars :bowdown:

I saw some of exact same problem from other players (internet and friends), apparently at the same moment.

An usual way to start a race. Funny that it eventually kicked off at all after everyone bathed their tyres in dirt.

:lol: Yeah, I was in that one too. This hasn't happened in a long time. Hopefully it was just a one time thing.

I host lobby races once a week and find some pits you can get through pretty quickly compared to real time (you don't lose much ground on the track). This one is the worst I came across so far and while it's maybe not really a "BUG" and it's more of a miscalculation, I feel it needs addressed just the same.
I'm not the most consistent driver but I tried to show it as best I could in the video. Racing Tokyo Central Outer Loop, I feel it would benefit you to pit every lap.
In the posted video, I run some hot laps then turn off the HUD so I am not distracted at around 8:00. I turn it back on briefly to show lap times at 17:44, then for good at 27:00. Even though it doesn't always show the "P" beside the time, you can clearly see I pitted and my time is faster than my "fast lap" on both the in laps and the out laps.

No one will be able to participate in Round 1 of the FIA Pre-Season of the Nations Cup.
The minimum weight requirement is set at 1753Kg. The heaviest the Mazda Roadster Touring Car can be tuned to is 1001Kg.

Gran Turismo™SPORT Grid 1.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT Grid 2.jpg

Not sure if this is the right place to post but my "matching" is throwing out some very odd results. See above.

I have redacted the names as I'm not sure if publishing them is allowed.

These are just a selection of several screenshots covering grids from the past 48 hours or so. To be fair, I have also been in lobbies where the matching seemed fair/appropriate.

Now I appreciate the comments about player numbers and play times etc, but really?

In my most recent race, in Race C, an "A" driver parked his car on the start/finish to allow the field to pass then proceeded to pick off all the "D" drivers, presumably because he could.

I thought matching was supposed to be fair?

Edit: Duplicated picture

Edit 18/02/2020: No change following change in Daily races. It’s now getting to a point where finding a race comprised solely of folks at my level is a very rare occasion. Screenshot folder getting full. Pity I have no way of sending them to PD. Not going to update this any further, looking rather pointless really.

Last edited:
Back