GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
And you finished mid-pack...

I don't know what your DR is, but you said most races were D (under 4,000) and some had some C (4,000-9,999) as well. So let's imagine all the Ds were at 1,000 (including you; can't be in an all-D lobby if you aren't also a D), and all the Cs were low-C at 4,500.
This is the Bug Report Thread, please!

I have lost all the on screen ata when in time trial or racing online . i have nothing but the track ,
no lap time no dash ,mao or start when the race is about to begin or finish when cross line is this a bug ?
It's in the settings, press option, scroll down to detailed settings, then "race info" something like that. Too lazy to verify now.
If the setting has changed by itself, that would be a nice bug.

Getting a lot of disconnection this week and now black screens when I load up the game.

Edit: Same as this...

I've been having these more after the update. In fact I can't remember if I ever had it before the update.
My provider has CGNAT but I get NAT2 and all green in the connection test in GT Sport.
This one happened after winning the race, waiting for the other racers. I did not get the points, and my DR dropped.
Any tips? I already tried cleaning the cache. Do I need to do it very often?

Thanks in advance

I've deleted several games off my system and will delete a few alt accounts in the hope it improves, but doubt it. Seems like PD have messed something up with the latest update.

Last edited:
Getting a lot of disconnection this week and now black screens when I load up the game.

Edit: Same as this...

I've deleted several games off my system and will delete a few alt accounts in the hope it improves, but doubt it. Seems like PD have messed something up with the latest update.
If I recall correctly there were changes to network encryption in the last PS4 firmware update (7.50)... maybe it messed up something in GT Sport?

If I recall correctly there were changes to network encryption in the last PS4 firmware update (7.50)... maybe it messed up something in GT Sport?

Maybe. It seems to have settled down now at least for loading up the game. Will see how the connection to the daily races tomorrow go.

Maybe. It seems to have settled down now at least for loading up the game. Will see how the connection to the daily races tomorrow go.
I had another disconnection at the last session of the Nations Cup, just before qualify. At least I did not lose any DR this time. Later on I was able to race the Manufacturers Cup with no issues.

So I have identified a bug which I think has been caused by the 1.56 update since this has happened twice now.

If the game has a server disconnect and you are trying to load into the garage in the Home menu of GT Sport the game freezes on a black screen because you have lost connection to the server but appears to corrupt the GT Sport save file saved locally on your PS4 and deletes it.

Closing the application is the only way to clear the frozen screen but when you then reconnect to the server while the game is loading it downloads your save data from the server and creates a NEW local save file which in the process deletes Scapes, Race Photo's and Replays unless it is content you've
made on the day the bug happened.

All car liveries, helmets/race suits and anything in livery editor remains along with your garage content but the thumbnails have to be reloaded
which if you have a lot of cars/designs takes time.

It appears to be random and isolated issue at the moment but any of you experts out there think may doing a daily backup to online storage and then re downloading that and not taking the server data if it prompts to download the new data would counter the issue?

I've lost all saved pictures (race and scape) and all my replays are gone.

This happenend on the 24th of april and today (may 6).

Edit
My high scores and lap times are also affected.

Last edited:
Cars keep randomly going into neutral.
I'm 100% certain I'm doing nothing to make this happen, it just happens across the duration of a race. I have to put the car into neutral and back into gear again to correct it, but sometimes that doesn't even work so I have to repeat the process.

Thrustmaster T150 (Ferrari) Wheel, T3PA pedals, TH8A shifter.

Might be T300 Wheel? Can't remember. Ferrari anyway.

Cars keep randomly going into neutral.
I'm 100% certain I'm doing nothing to make this happen, it just happens across the duration of a race. I have to put the car into neutral and back into gear again to correct it, but sometimes that doesn't even work so I have to repeat the process.

Thrustmaster T150 (Ferrari) Wheel, T3PA pedals, TH8A shifter.

Might be T300 Wheel? Can't remember. Ferrari anyway.

Are your TH8A properly calibrated? It's impossible (AFAIK) to engage neutral without a shifter connected, so it's most likely that or a bad connection.

Are your TH8A properly calibrated? It's impossible (AFAIK) to engage neutral without a shifter connected, so it's most likely that or a bad connection.

How does one calibrate the TH8A?
If that’s all it needs I would be very happy, because even in cars with sequential gearboxes I’m still slipping into neutral constantly (even tho I’m using the paddle shifters).

Ive disconnected it out of frustration. D03C8E31-496C-41F6-A65C-82806376343F.jpeg

You'll need a Windows PC and a Thrustmaster app to do that.

Edit: Cars with sequential gears (e.g. Gr.3) can't enter neutral even with a shifter attached. If that's the case, I doubt it's your shifter that's the problem. The only cars I can get into neutral are the road cars with standard gearboxes (I have the same shifter.)

Last edited:
@Skinny McLean - I’m absolutely certain all cars are going into neutral while the shifter is attached.

I was doing the course mastery part, and at least once every sector the cars would slip into neutral. Cost me so much time until I disconnected the shifter and - lo and behold - no more neutral issues :confused:

Unless the cars you use on Nürburgring, Interlagos, and Le Mans have manual gearboxes? It was absolutely happening, unless it’s my wheel. But the car jumped straight into neutral, and I have to quickly shift up to the appropriate gear (always first, second, third etc).

Assuming you're running Circuit Experience, and the cars you're referring to are the BMW and the Nissan Gr.3's and the Porsche 919 Gr.1,
it shouldn't be possible to engage neutral gear - It's certainly not possible for me (and I've tried.) Also, in the manual-gear road cars, the clutch must be engaged at least once before entering neutral is possible - it's not enough to just center the TH8A lever.

What exactly is wrong at your end I really don't know - it could be a short-circuit/bad connection or a software glitch, but I remember that another forum member had issues that sounded like yours.

Edit: Here's his/hers thread. And that was a G29 user.

Last edited:
I'm experiencing an issue with the game, I reinstalled my ps4 system software which wiped out everything.
I downloaded my saves and games again, going into gt sport, I had to sit through countless daily workouts all the way from early 2018 till now.

Made by accident 42.0 km daily workout, but didn't get any car. I know there is a glitch and had to change screens, but nothing happened. After increasing a little more the km I got the gift. Not game breaking but strange :)

Made by accident 42.0 km daily workout, but didn't get any car. I know there is a glitch and had to change screens, but nothing happened. After increasing a little more the km I got the gift. Not game breaking but strange :)
The Daily Workout, also called the Daily Marathon (for the following reason), requires you to drive the distance of a marathon. That's 26.22 miles, or 42.195km. It is possible to hit 26.2 miles and not trigger the gift because you're 105 feet short of meeting the requirements, and similarly you'll need to do 42.2km. 42.0km is 195m short.

This isn't a bug, it's not driving far enough to meet the requirements.

hey all ps4 gt sport when i leave the pits for a race my car spins ouyt and just goes mental when i go to options it self drivrs fine how do i fix this i have restarted ps4 when not useing my wheel flickers can some one help i also am using a logitec g29 wheel and this only happens when using this not the controller

fixed was not pulled in to the wall power properly

Last edited by a moderator:
The Daily Workout, also called the Daily Marathon (for the following reason), requires you to drive the distance of a marathon. That's 26.22 miles, or 42.195km. It is possible to hit 26.2 miles and not trigger the gift because you're 105 feet short of meeting the requirements, and similarly you'll need to do 42.2km. 42.0km is 195m short.

This isn't a bug, it's not driving far enough to meet the requirements.

Quite lot of players in the forums of the Spanish 3DJuegos website are reporting the same issue/bug... even exceeding the 42.2km they aren't receiving the gift car.

One of them reinstalled the game from scratch and nothing, still don't receive the daily marathon gift car.

Seems that the issue/bug isn't properly fixed by PD and still affects a number of users

Quite lot of players in the forums of the Spanish 3DJuegos website are reporting the same issue/bug... even exceeding the 42.2km they aren't receiving the gift car.

One of them reinstalled the game from scratch and nothing, still don't receive the daily marathon gift car.

Seems that the issue/bug isn't properly fixed by PD and still affects a number of users
That's the Daily Workout Gift Bug which we've literally written an article about. That's not the same thing as a guy not driving far enough to meet the conditions.

So I have identified a bug which I think has been caused by the 1.56 update since this has happened twice now.

If the game has a server disconnect and you are trying to load into the garage in the Home menu of GT Sport the game freezes on a black screen because you have lost connection to the server but appears to corrupt the GT Sport save file saved locally on your PS4 and deletes it.

Closing the application is the only way to clear the frozen screen but when you then reconnect to the server while the game is loading it downloads your save data from the server and creates a NEW local save file which in the process deletes Scapes, Race Photo's and Replays unless it is content you've
made on the day the bug happened.

All car liveries, helmets/race suits and anything in livery editor remains along with your garage content but the thumbnails have to be reloaded
which if you have a lot of cars/designs takes time.

It appears to be random and isolated issue at the moment but any of you experts out there think may doing a daily backup to online storage and then re downloading that and not taking the server data if it prompts to download the new data would counter the issue?
The exact same thing happened to me one day last September (lost every Scape/Photo/Replay I hadn't already deleted to clear space), so I don't think that bug is specifically tied to 1.56. Can't remember if it was due to freezing on a black screen, however.

Have you tried it recently? I just found out it didn't work because I found out I was evicted from a Circuit Experience lap time top ten, and it used to work there.

Also, it doesn't work in time trial mode anymore for me.

the last hour or so I have been going through the logo lists and have had that regular error a few times happen when exiting from a logo. and now all the icons and pictures are disappearing.

When finishing an online lobby race the in middle track viewing screen goes black and silent. Entering the track it's still all black with no sound. Only exiting the track then back in works. Think I remember this happenings years ago but not been lobby racing in ages so could be wrong.

Evening, I’ve noticed that the following need fixing, as my expectations of Polyphony are low I don’t hold much breath..

server connections are currently appalling with The game constantly throwing people out with network connection issues - perhaps volume with global lockdown is too much for the servers

times when in spectate mode the cameras refuse to budge from a shot straight down the pit straight, so effectively rendering the spectate option useless plus doesn’t update race information, leaders, gap or laps remaining

Cars go to the grid, some cars are left frozen to the grid when the lights go out - cars behind don’t know and run into them.. this is a regular occurrence now and needs fixing

Apologies if these have been listed already

Back