GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
So, I thought I got it by now but; today I choose RM the whole race because it was the Tyre Requirement. Minimum Tyre Rating was RS and those using that part of the race did not get any penalty. What am I missing?
Required tyre means you have to use them at least one lap. Not all laps.

1585518178616193098896725003818.jpg
any one knows what this means? Coming up when I try to enter daily races? Iv reset the ps4 with no luck

Hello. I have a problem connecting to the server for several days. Do any of you also have this problem? The gran turismo page shows that the servers are working normally. Thank you for your answer.

I was participating in a sport mode race and only received a half second penalty for leaving ignoring track limits., However, when I was crossing the finish line, a car hit me and I hit the barrier after crossing the line. To my surprise, I was given a 20 second penalty putting me back 5 spots. I just don't understand why I was given a 20 second penalty after I finished the race.

I was participating in a sport mode race and only received a half second penalty for leaving ignoring track limits., However, when I was crossing the finish line, a car hit me and I hit the barrier after crossing the line. To my surprise, I was given a 20 second penalty putting me back 5 spots. I just don't understand why I was given a 20 second penalty after I finished the race.

Post race 20 second penties are for not using the mandatory tyres at some point during the race. If this happened in this weeks daily race C, you have to use the hard tyres at some point.

The information about mandatory tyres is in the Race Details screen and in the bottom right hand corner of the pre-race lobby.

This again? :banghead:

Post race 20 second penties are for not using the mandatory tyres at some point during the race. If this happened in this weeks daily race C, you have to use the hard tyres at some point.

The information about mandatory tyres is in the Race Details screen and in the bottom right hand corner of the pre-race lobby.

You, sir, are a very patient man. :lol: 👍

PD really should do something about that. It is very clearly not explained enough (or highlighted enough) if people still consider it a bug.

Hello everyone. I’m asking for a friend of mine. Does anyone have any idea about a loading screen black screen? My friend a few days ago bought a car (with irl cash I think) in GTS. When he tried joining my lobby it would black screen/freeze. Then when he would try to make his own it would fail as well. Any other means would work. Eventually he got fed up and tried giving it 12-24 hours, then renewed licenses, cleared game cache, tried every method on Google/YT, etc etc. He had enough as of April 1st and deleted the game and reinstalled it. Once reinstalled the game would load up right before the opening movie then black screen. My other friend recommended he check for updates and the game missed one apparently. He came back and the same black screen before the movie. Tried the YT trick of turning off internet.... nothing. Tried renewing licenses.... nothing. He just passes for first 2 things then right when the opening movie would pop up..... it doesn’t...... its just black screen. This all has happened within a few days.... And I have done everything he has except delete the game and nothing has happened. His PS is a little dated but his HDD is claimed to be only around a year old. Any ideas? Thanks in advanced, and I look forward to something. Hope everyone is safe out there most importantly!

Played my usual FIA races today, saved the replay to watch, went files to watch it and....all of my saved replays have disappeared. Same with race and scape photos. Completely blank. All of my car, helmet, and suit liveries have remained though.

This a known bug, or potentially a server issue?

Several days later and still no race photos, scapes, or replays. Something has definitely glitched somewhere.

Several days later and still no race photos, scapes, or replays. Something has definitely glitched somewhere.
This has happened to me before. Still hasn't been fixed 2 years later. Maybe Polyphony should fix their game before adding new content.

At Spa, I spent 5 minutes of qualifying with my car doing auto-drive donuts on pit road with half the grid. It was a practice race in a lobby so whatever, but after qualifying, I got stuck on the start grid. Great game we have here. I assume they are aware of this bug?

New Bug Report

I’ve noted a bug that manifests when using GTS on more than one PS4. I have 2 setups, one in my theater (primary) and then I have a PS4 Pro setup downstairs for quick games on the fly.

On 2 occasions thus has happened to me. On the first I wasn’t sure what happened but I now suspect there’s a bug when logging in and the app checks save status.

I had leveled up to mid twenties in the first occasion and level 21 on the second occurrence.

What happens?

if you login to GTS from a PS4 where your level is lower, the game resets your rank to that level, you lose all your accumulated vehicles as well as your achievements to date. Downloading auto save data from a previous day fails to reset your previous level/status. I’m about to throw the steering wheel through a wall now having lost my progress twice due to a stupid bug. Why on earth would the game even behave this way in the first place? I’m literally back to lvl 3 and lost all achievements merely because I logged in from another PS4 to literally check some times in time trials compared to my brother/son.

I literally had a backup from the previous night that restored NOTHING from my previous progress. Just bringing this to your attention although I’m at my wits end for having to start from the beginning for a third time.

New Bug Report

I’ve noted a bug that manifests when using GTS on more than one PS4. I have 2 setups, one in my theater (primary) and then I have a PS4 Pro setup downstairs for quick games on the fly.

On 2 occasions thus has happened to me. On the first I wasn’t sure what happened but I now suspect there’s a bug when logging in and the app checks save status.

I had leveled up to mid twenties in the first occasion and level 21 on the second occurrence.

What happens?

if you login to GTS from a PS4 where your level is lower, the game resets your rank to that level, you lose all your accumulated vehicles as well as your achievements to date. Downloading auto save data from a previous day fails to reset your previous level/status. I’m about to throw the steering wheel through a wall now having lost my progress twice due to a stupid bug. Why on earth would the game even behave this way in the first place? I’m literally back to lvl 3 and lost all achievements merely because I logged in from another PS4 to literally check some times in time trials compared to my brother/son.

I literally had a backup from the previous night that restored NOTHING from my previous progress. Just bringing this to your attention although I’m at my wits end for having to start from the beginning for a third time.
This isn't really a bug, but is a known limitation and has been since the start - in fact I recall PD even issued guidance on playing with multiple consoles way back in 2017, though I can't find it right now.

It's because the game checks your local data against the server-side data, ostensibly as a security measure. If your local save data is newer than the server side save, it will revert to the server-side data, but if not it will use the local data. If you boot the game up with a three-month old local save, that's what it will use, and any progress you made in-between will be erased. If you boot the game up with nothing on the console, that's what it will use, and all of your progress will be erased (though you retain any stats from online races).

All you need to do to fix it is ensure that you make a copy of your most recent local data from the console you last played on and overwrite whatever's on the console you intend to play on.

This isn't really a bug, but is a known limitation and has been since the start - in fact I recall PD even issued guidance on playing with multiple consoles way back in 2017, though I can't find it right now.

It's because the game checks your local data against the server-side data, ostensibly as a security measure. If your local save data is newer than the server side save, it will revert to the server-side data, but if not it will use the local data. If you boot the game up with a three-month old local save, that's what it will use, and any progress you made in-between will be erased. If you boot the game up with nothing on the console, that's what it will use, and all of your progress will be erased (though you retain any stats from online races).

All you need to do to fix it is ensure that you make a copy of your most recent local data from the console you last played on and overwrite whatever's on the console you intend to play on.

Thanks for the explanation but it’s a little late now as the damage is already done (twice). I wasn’t playing in 2017, I only just picked this up 2 weeks ago. At least now I know what not to do going forward.

After logging on to GT Sport tonight, I noticed that not only has the entirety of my library been wiped clean (excluding liveries, suits, and helmets), but also that the dividing line between “collection” and “favorites” is no longer there.

While I’ll definitely be missing the near 300 replays (296, to be exact) it’s still strangely bothersome that a portion of what used to be is no longer there either.

Has anybody experienced either of these issues?

Attachments

• 84DB661F-92E2-4C0A-B379-EBA4696F1B47.jpeg
    84DB661F-92E2-4C0A-B379-EBA4696F1B47.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
After logging on to GT Sport tonight, I noticed that not only has the entirety of my library been wiped clean (excluding liveries, suits, and helmets), but also that the dividing line between “collection” and “favorites” is no longer there.

While I’ll definitely be missing the near 300 replays (296, to be exact) it’s still strangely bothersome that a portion of what used to be is no longer there either.

Has anybody experienced either of these issues?

Yes!

It happened to my game on Saturday night and I have both issues, a little unhappy about it but not sure if anything can be done...

Yes!

It happened to my game on Saturday night and I have both issues, a little unhappy about it but not sure if anything can be done...
I don’t think there is, unfortunately; welp, I guess our accounts have both become that much more personalized! Lol

Last edited:
Engine sounds (in cockpit and bumper view) for some cars are just gone.

• Peugeot VGT (last weeks go-to GT3 car)
  • Audi R18 '16 (this weeks Nations Cup meta car)
In chase view there is some sound, the echo in the (Tokyo) tunnel is also audible.

Dear GT Sports fans. We are a group of 8 persons who recently found that this game is pure fun and extremely challenging. However, we are experiencing an annoying problem. 2 players in our group (say player A and B) cannot play together. While both joined in a private lobby (we others see both players), Player A cannot see B, but B can see A. On the track then B gets stuck on the start line. This happens always and only with those 2 guys. We have tested all possible technical weak points (new installation / wifi/lan, router change, network settings as dynamic/static IP etc., both NAT type 2). However, the issue remains. Interesting to mention that after we have started with the game (approx. 2 weeks ago) the first 2 days this problem did not exist.
A perfect description of our issue has already been mentioned in a forum as can be found in the link as follows.

https://www.reddit.com/…/lobby_issues_with_glitched_starts…/

We would really appreciate if someone could help us solvinf this annoying problem.

Best regards...

Dear GT Sports fans. We are a group of 8 persons who recently found that this game is pure fun and extremely challenging. However, we are experiencing an annoying problem. 2 players in our group (say player A and B) cannot play together. While both joined in a private lobby (we others see both players), Player A cannot see B, but B can see A. On the track then B gets stuck on the start line. This happens always and only with those 2 guys. We have tested all possible technical weak points (new installation / wifi/lan, router change, network settings as dynamic/static IP etc., both NAT type 2). However, the issue remains. Interesting to mention that after we have started with the game (approx. 2 weeks ago) the first 2 days this problem did not exist.
A perfect description of our issue has already been mentioned in a forum as can be found in the link as follows.

We would really appreciate if someone could help us solvinf this annoying problem.

Best regards...

yes, Comments to reddit.

"In case anyone finds this, we've had the best results just by deleting the game cache: GT menu -> Options -> Network -> Delete Temp data."

Best regards...

Sometimes it works well doing this :

The drivers with problems have to go out, go into another lobby and come back to the lobby.

Hello,

sorry if i'm writing in the wrong thread but my case looks like a bug/error and maybe, someone can show me at least path that i can go for solve it, since there is no way to contact directly Sony or Polyphony for help.

My problem - wierd one

But from beginning:
I have copy of the game on BD disc.
recently i change OEM HDD to Samsung 860 QVO SSD. 2TB (fully supoported by PS4 [CUH-1116a] at least teoretically).
And here my problem starts.
BD drive try all the time load some portion of data. Even when BD usage is not needed (downloading updates).
Works is some kind of square wave:
----____----____----____--__--__--__--__----____
disc start spinning, then stops, few times slower then faster, and again slower.
And after few minutes game crush without any error number, just screen "the application cannot be continued.Could not read disk. Make sure the disc is not damaged or dirty".

And, well, it is not.
Here is the funny part. After reswap to OEM again there is no problem at all.
Drive starts normally, read what it's needed, then stops, never crush. I tryed to reinstal GT on SSD, but without any difference.

OS is updated to lastest build.
I consider buying digital version, but first BD releases got Spec II for free so it will be quite expensive bypassing the problem.And I don't even know if my progress will be moved to digital version.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?
Does GT Sport just don't like SSD drives?
It's more a problem with the game or console itself?

I searched a little but without any effect.
So I will be grateful for any tip.

yes, Comments to reddit.

"In case anyone finds this, we've had the best results just by deleting the game cache: GT menu -> Options -> Network -> Delete Temp data."
Thanks for your response. However, this was the first thing we have tested (it was also recomended sonweher else in another forum). Unfortunately, didn't help...
Sometimes it works well doing this :

The drivers with problems have to go out, go into another lobby and come back to the lobby.
Thanky you also for the response. We will test this approach and report. Thanks for the hint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the update, I have been having an issue with pausing and continuing races. I play with a controller, and whenever I hit Continue, the X button input is carried over. Since I have X set to Shift Up, everytime I continue I shift gears. I've tested this with other things mapped to X, and the issue remains (i.e. if change view is set to X, view will be changed upon continue).

Back