GT Sport Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by VBR, Oct 9, 2017.

1. DoctorNuu

DoctorNuu (Banned)

This again. Well, no. 2GB free.
    But on second thought it is possible that the game somehow thinks there is not enough space.
    Why would the replay work from the library then?

Just another example of how a stupid feature (the save limit) can mask a bug. Nobody takes my problem seriously because - ah, we've seen that before.

2. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I have more than adequate space but still run into this problem, because there are 4 accounts on the ps that plays GTS.
    But I have no idea if you have the same problem. It was just me trying to help.

watto79 likes this.
  3. DoctorNuu

DoctorNuu (Banned)

Sure, thanks for trying. This forum format makes things a little hard.
    The first response I got was the same as yours, but how should you know.
    I'm getting a little impatient with this.

To all:
    The strange thing is that sometimes saving works,
    I suspect exactly in the case where it is not the fastest overall time, only fastest of the session.
    Would test better if I got paid for it ;-)

TL;DR: Need to get faster so I only have to bother with Top10 ghosts.

RacingGrandpa and Kermit_2142 like this.
  4. DoctorNuu

DoctorNuu (Banned)

Another day, another bug. Hard to be not confused by this
    Hoping the new GT7 is not based on these.
    Also hoping to get paid for this some day.
    1. I just drove a 2:19.741
    2. My "OPT." before was 2:18.6xx
    3. I had a PB of 2:19.696 today
    4. I had another PB of 2:19.237 from 2 days ago, which did not save due to network issues
    5. Suddenly this old PB shows up again - in the "BEST" row
    6. "OPT." gets consistently messed up when driving a new PB - it is equal to the actual session best
    7. After "Retry" the "BEST" remains, the "OPT." looks good now
    bug in opti.jpg

5. Kermit_2142

Kermit_2142

I haven’t managed to replicate this, must’ve been coincidence

6. barak181

barak181

I've gotten a black screen during qualifying 3 of the last 4 FIA races. I'm getting real tired of starting from P20.

7. Landy1264

Landy1264

At Brands Hatch 11th gridposition (rolling start) get launched with half rear right tire on gras/gravel.

Kermit_2142 likes this.
  8. pacx87x

pacx87x

Hello

In the Lobby why do a lot of cars crashes in the pit lane when starts qualify? Or when the race start they still on the grid?

Thank you for your help

Kermit_2142 likes this.
  9. Famine

Famine Administrator

Generally it's because at least one person has an absolutely mince internet connection.

Kermit_2142 likes this.
  10. Kermit_2142

Kermit_2142

:lol::lol::lol:

11. pacx87x

pacx87x

what is the minimum recommended internet connection speed?

12. Famine

Famine Administrator

There isn't one, and in any case the game uses very little bandwidth - it streams data, not video, to the order of a few hundred kB an hour.

However, if you have a user with a very high and unstable latency - primarily from sheer geographical distance, but also a poorly configured internal network (wireless, 40 feet and two walls and a ceiling away from the router, on the other side of a microwave oven and central heating boiler; blocked ports, NAT1/3, DHCP) - it'll cause issues for your lobby. Usually for everyone except that player.

Landy1264, barak181 and Kermit_2142 like this.
  13. pacx87x

pacx87x

Is there a function to find out who's causing the problem?
    Which ports does GTS use in the Lobby?
    Which is the best NAT setting?

I ask because we are a team of over 30 associates and we would like to do team training, but always someone can't participate.

14. Famine

Famine Administrator

No, although it's probably the person whose connection is rarely five bars and commonly flicks about between 1 and 3 bars.
    Don't know, and 2, respectively

I put this together a while back, and it's worth doing it all. There will doubtless be someone in your group that can't do it, won't do it, or says they have but haven't (herding 12 people is hard enough even when they're in the same place; 30 is a nightmare), and there is absolutely no cure for geographical distance, but this is pretty much all you can do to make sure your environment is as good as it can be:

15. pacx87x

pacx87x

AWESOME.... Thanky very much for your Tips...

16. Balamo

Balamo

People diagnosed a defective R2 for the automatic transmission not working as it should (stuck in one gear due to no full throttle being registered). Well, there is a trick whereby after you open your controller, you add 3-4 layers of electric tape to the underside of the plastic R2 trigger that touches the silicon contact pad. Another workaround is to revert to the default controller configuration in which X button is for gas and [square] button for brake. It will then work perfectly well and automatic transmission which requires full throttle will work well as well and won't get stuck in one gear.