GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
Didn't know where to post this, so here goes.....

Is there any reason why I can't change my TCS during a race/challenge? Well, change it back to a lower setting, anyway? I can change it up to a higher setting while driving, but never down to a lower setting. The same with brake bias; only to a higher setting, never to a lower one while driving. My D-pad works fine, otherwise (menus, replays, etc.)

Is there any reason why I can't change my TCS during a race/challenge? Well, change it back to a lower setting, anyway? I can change it up to a higher setting while driving, but never down to a lower setting. The same with brake bias; only to a higher setting, never to a lower one while driving. My D-pad works fine, otherwise (menus, replays, etc.)
That sounds odd, I can make those adjustments either direction while driving, default is 3 TCS and I frequently have to turn it off when I drive a car for the first time because I don't use TCS and forget to set it before I begin driving.

That sounds odd, I can make those adjustments either direction while driving, default is 3 TCS and I frequently have to turn it off when I drive a car for the first time because I don't use TCS and forget to set it before I begin driving.
It IS odd. And it's not just one car, either. It's on ALL cars and courses; race cars, standard cars, trucks, rally cars, dirt tracks, paved tracks, city streets, road courses.....whatever, where ever.

It IS odd. And it's not just one car, either. It's on ALL cars and courses; race cars, standard cars, trucks, rally cars, dirt tracks, paved tracks, city streets, road courses.....whatever, where ever.
Can you provide video?

Check your control bindings, you might have up on the d-pad assigned but not down

Check your control bindings, you might have up on the d-pad assigned but not down
That was it (can't believe I didn't even think of checking that, lol). It was assigned to "Overtake". Don't know why.

Fixed, now. Working as intended.

Thanks for the heads up. :cheers:

Last edited:
Has anyone encountered a bug where watching a saved replay and the car livery you used in race no longer shows up?

I only came across this tonight as I went back to watch watch a pair of races from last seasons FIA races I had saved, the car livery was accurate on the night of the race when I rewatched the race back then.

Now however the standard factory livery is shown, however it's only my car that is affected.

Has anyone encountered a bug where watching a saved replay and the car livery you used in race no longer shows up?

I only came across this tonight as I went back to watch watch a pair of races from last seasons FIA races I had saved, the car livery was accurate on the night of the race when I rewatched the race back then.

Now however the standard factory livery is shown, however it's only my car that is affected.
Not car liveries but I have noticed that my driver's uniform is a stock plain one instead of the one I designed.

Not car liveries but I have noticed that my driver's uniform is a stock plain one instead of the one I designed.
Yeah, it's a strange one. I recorded both races on the night which I edited together and put on my teams Youtube Channel, so I do have them showing correctly there.

So at one point they did display correctly in game during the replays. But not now.

And it's only those 2 replays, every other one shows correctly.

Yes, but you will notice that your winning credits are less that listed at the entry of race, if you were to use a N300 or less and win your winnings would be increased for using a handicapped car, for example there is a race where the rating is N1000 but if you win with a N300 you will net a 150% handicap bonus. It's GT'S way of penalizing you if you use an overpowered car to win, you get less money per win
Thanks for the clarification. I finally found time to mess around in Campaign Mode again to test what you said and it is true. I knew the game awarded bonuses for car handicap, but I didn't know they allowed over-specced cars to run in the races with an earnings penalty until now, especially when the game doesn't outright tell you in the results screen.

My game keeps on freezing every now and then,I then have to quit the game.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Might be worth a PS4 database rebuild.

https://www.howtogeek.com/684386/how-to-fix-ps4-problems-by-rebuilding-the-ps4-database/

If you're on an older PS4 it could also be an overheating problem (I had issues with this). In which case taking the cover off an giving the inside a good clean may also help. There are plenty of guides on YouTube for this so haven't posted a link, as it's different for OG, Slim and Pro consoles.

Thanks for the reply.
My ps4 is only 3 weeks old,it has happened about 5 times mostly just after a race and once right on the finish line.
I have looked for fixes on Google but thought i'd ask here.
GT sport was updated to 1.66 last week and I thought that might of fixed it but no.

Thanks for the reply.
My ps4 is only 3 weeks old,it has happened about 5 times mostly just after a race and once right on the finish line.
I have looked for fixes on Google but thought i'd ask here.
GT sport was updated to 1.66 last week and I thought that might of fixed it but no.
Used to happen to me too. A long time ago though. Everytime I crossed the finish line when practicing in daily races, the game would freeze and I'd have to close and restart it. It was very irritating to say the least. It may (or may not) have something to do with the game uploading something to the server and crashing. I deleted and reinstalled it and have had no issues since.

Last edited:
When going to livery editor, the left D-pad stopped working well, having been acting all by itself. The steering is not as comfortable as I wanted it to be either. The maintenance on Monday is coming to fix this.

Hi Guys,

Been playing about a year, mostly custom races, fun mental exercise, yeah ?

I have a GLA45 in real life, so, bought the games 2013 A45, tweaked it up, and its my primary car

a couple weeks ago, its started having EV engine sounds

Yeah, 4cyl turbo hatch sounds like a formula E car now.

I have been digging for settings, all I can do is mostly shut it up

I am now thinking its from the patch, and I have driven a few of the group X cars.

Please help, If I delete and reinstall will I loose all my custom car settings ?

no online membership, PS4, new, g29, homemade rig

Thanks

Where do the custom tune setup data live, while the game is deleted? where does the core game data come from during reinstall?
On the online sever that where your game save is stored and with all your settings.

Last edited:
Right on, all better after DELETE, under options

reinstall from library, far right end of home page

bought the plus thing ass well, kinda need to play in a bigger sandbox.. hehe

Yesterday's Nations Cup race was at Route X track. In the game program it shows that the car you must choose is M3 '03 but in the race that was N300. Even gran-turismo.com I checked schedule it shows N300 too. The problem is in-game schedule had a bug.

On the online sever that where your game save is stored and with all your settings.
I don't think that is true.

The "game save" (progress data and settings information) is stored on your PS4. You can, with an account that has a PS+ subscription, upload it to the Sony online storage like any game but that is completely independent of PD/GTS.

If you were to uninstall GTS and then delete your game save from your PS4, and then re-install GTS, your game save is not pulled back down from the GTS servers because its not on the GTS servers. You've then effectively got a day-zero GTS installation... unless you've uploaded your game save to the Sony online storage and can then download it again from there.

I don't think that GTS even sends a copy of your game save to the GTS servers, for their game save "tampering" check, at all and there is no circumstances that I can even imagine it doing so, as that would be horribly inefficient and completely unnecessary waste of network bandwidth, storage and money.

For example, the game save data for my GTS installation is ~250mb. If every GTS player - and last time I saw there were ~9m unique installs/players - had a similarly sized game save then that would require 2,250,000 gigabytes of storage alone (enough to fill 2,250 1-terabyte drives), the network bandwidth to receive that lot would be even more, and there would be quite a large bill for the data centre and equipment to go along with it. Yes, I know, that would probably be small change compared to the costs associated with the Sony online storage but that is PS+ service paid for by every PS+ subscriber. The difference is that the Sony online storage needs an entire copy of your save game (otherwise it wouldn't be much use!) whereas, for a simple "tamper" check, PD does not.

I suspect GTS will use what is referred to as a "Hash" or "Checksum".

A hash/checksum is a (usually*) unique hexadecimal string, generated from a set of data, that is much (much!) smaller than the original data but can be used to check the validity of the original data. And by smaller I don't even mean megabytes, or even kilobytes, but bytes.

For example, this is the MD5 hash of the Windows installer for version 2.93.3 of the Blender 3D software, as published on the Blender website: e8a406e22ecebeeea84c996e56f1d67f

If I were to download that same installer and feed that into an MD5 generator app, it would generate a Hash based on that installer file. If the Hash generated by the app matches the Hash published on the Blender website, for that particular installer, then I know the installer hasn't been tampered with and its safe to use it to install Blender on my computer.

Similarly, whenever the annoying "saving" box pops up on screen in GTS, rather than wastefully sending your entire game save data, GTS will look at your PS4's unique ID and your game save data, generate a much smaller hash derived from said information and send that hash to the GTS servers. Then, when you next start up GTS, and it performs its tamper check, it will again generate the Hash, only this time, it will check that Hash against the last one sent to the GTS servers and if it doesn't match then it knows that, at some point, the save data has been tampered with (and will do whatever its supposed to do in such circumstances).

* Somtimes the same "unique" number can be generated for two completely different sets of data (called a "collision") but this is, more often than not, usually down to a poor implementation of the algorithm used to generate the hash. (Its often far more complex than that really, but thats the general gist of it).

I don't think that is true.

The "game save" (progress data and settings information) is stored on your PS4. You can, with an account that has a PS+ subscription, upload it to the Sony online storage like any game but that is completely independent of PD/GTS.

If you were to uninstall GTS and then delete your game save from your PS4, and then re-install GTS, your game save is not pulled back down from the GTS servers because its not on the GTS servers. You've then effectively got a day-zero GTS installation... unless you've uploaded your game save to the Sony online storage and can then download it again from there.

I don't think that GTS even sends a copy of your game save to the GTS servers, for their game save "tampering" check, at all and there is no circumstances that I can even imagine it doing so, as that would be horribly inefficient and completely unnecessary waste of network bandwidth, storage and money.

For example, the game save data for my GTS installation is ~250mb. If every GTS player - and last time I saw there were ~9m unique installs/players - had a similarly sized game save then that would require 2,250,000 gigabytes of storage alone (enough to fill 2,250 1-terabyte drives), the network bandwidth to receive that lot would be even more, and there would be quite a large bill for the data centre and equipment to go along with it. Yes, I know, that would probably be small change compared to the costs associated with the Sony online storage but that is PS+ service paid for by every PS+ subscriber. The difference is that the Sony online storage needs an entire copy of your save game (otherwise it wouldn't be much use!) whereas, for a simple "tamper" check, PD does not.

I suspect GTS will use what is referred to as a "Hash" or "Checksum".

A hash/checksum is a (usually*) unique hexadecimal string, generated from a set of data, that is much (much!) smaller than the original data but can be used to check the validity of the original data. And by smaller I don't even mean megabytes, or even kilobytes, but bytes.

For example, this is the MD5 hash of the Windows installer for version 2.93.3 of the Blender 3D software, as published on the Blender website: e8a406e22ecebeeea84c996e56f1d67f

If I were to download that same installer and feed that into an MD5 generator app, it would generate a Hash based on that installer file. If the Hash generated by the app matches the Hash published on the Blender website, for that particular installer, then I know the installer hasn't been tampered with and its safe to use it to install Blender on my computer.

Similarly, whenever the annoying "saving" box pops up on screen in GTS, rather than wastefully sending your entire game save data, GTS will look at your PS4's unique ID and your game save data, generate a much smaller hash derived from said information and send that hash to the GTS servers. Then, when you next start up GTS, and it performs its tamper check, it will again generate the Hash, only this time, it will check that Hash against the last one sent to the GTS servers and if it doesn't match then it knows that, at some point, the save data has been tampered with (and will do whatever its supposed to do in such circumstances).

* Somtimes the same "unique" number can be generated for two completely different sets of data (called a "collision") but this is, more often than not, usually down to a poor implementation of the algorithm used to generate the hash. (Its often far more complex than that really, but thats the general gist of it).
I do know all that mate but he is only talking about deleting his game, and not the online storage part or the settings stored on his PS4.

Last edited:
I do know all that mate but he is only talking about deleting his game, and not the online storage part or the settings stored on his PS4
No, no, no. Don't think I don't see what you're doing, You don't get out of it that easily.

The question was:
Where do the custom tune setup data live, while the game is deleted? where does the core game data come from during reinstall?
To which you replied:
By omission of more detail your response not only implied that game saves are only stored online but that its also an entirely automatic process. Neither is true.

The game itself does not do it (as I explained, in depth, why) and unless a PS4 has "Auto-Upload" enabled in [Settings > Applications Saved Data Management], which itself relies on "Stay Connected to the Internet" in [Settings > Power Saving Settings > Set Features Available in Rest Mode] being enabled, then the console will not do it either.

Your pearl of "wisdom" has the potential to lull someone into the false sense of security that, no matter what they do - whether that be a simple uninstall/reinstall or even a full factory reset and re-install - that their game save and settings information will not be lost because fordlaser says its saved "On the online server that where your game save is stored with all your settings".

For your reply to be true it relies, completely and utterly, on the assumption that everybody has the above mentioned settings enabled on their PS4. But you cannot, under any circumstances, make that assumption; I, for one, don't have them enabled - because I don't want my PS4 to be always connected to the internet - and I'm 100% certain that not everybody else does either.

So if I, or anybody else, didn't already know any better how do you think your advice could possibly play out?

Lets see...
Person X: "I want to uninstall and reinstall the game, what will happen to my game save data?
fordlaser: "[on the online server] your game save is stored and with all your settings"
Person X: "Okay, cool. Thanks"

Some months later...

Person X, thinking to self: "I want to factory reset my PS4 and reinstall GTS, but what will happen to my game save data? Oh, wait. Fordlaser said its stored online with my settings. Great!"

A few hours later...

Person X: "WT actual F!?! All my save game data has gone? That can't be right, fordlaser said they were stored online! Where the hell are they??"
Yes, yes, I know, your reply is only one little reply, to one person, in one little corner of the internet, that I should chill and how much harm can it really do?

But, fun fact, people use things like Google to search the whole of the internet for answers to their questions using keywords - keywords like "Gran Turismo reinstall save game" - and suddenly your little reply to one person in one little corner of the internet isn't so isolated; This forum is not an island and neither is your reply to that question.

Yes, Yes, I also know that using lots of words, being thorough, and even being correct, is seriously boring and time consuming but it helps avoid unintended consequences; like people losing data because you couldn't be bothered to type more than 16 words or, worse still, didn't actually know and couldn't offer the correct advice to begin with.

I may have admittedly (massively) digressed about why GTS doesn't need to store a copy of your game save data, so therefore wouldn't, but at least I didn't give the impression that someones data is safe when it may not necessarily be.

No, no, no. Don't think I don't see what you're doing, You don't get out of it that easily.

The question was:

To which you replied:

By omission of more detail your response not only implied that game saves are only stored online but that its also an entirely automatic process. Neither is true.

The game itself does not do it (as I explained, in depth, why) and unless a PS4 has "Auto-Upload" enabled in [Settings > Applications Saved Data Management], which itself relies on "Stay Connected to the Internet" in [Settings > Power Saving Settings > Set Features Available in Rest Mode] being enabled, then the console will not do it either.

Your pearl of "wisdom" has the potential to lull someone into the false sense of security that, no matter what they do - whether that be a simple uninstall/reinstall or even a full factory reset and re-install - that their game save and settings information will not be lost because fordlaser says its saved "On the online server that where your game save is stored with all your settings".

For your reply to be true it relies, completely and utterly, on the assumption that everybody has the above mentioned settings enabled on their PS4. But you cannot, under any circumstances, make that assumption; I, for one, don't have them enabled - because I don't want my PS4 to be always connected to the internet - and I'm 100% certain that not everybody else does either.

So if I, or anybody else, didn't already know any better how do you think your advice could possibly play out?

Lets see...

Yes, yes, I know, your reply is only one little reply, to one person, in one little corner of the internet, that I should chill and how much harm can it really do?

But, fun fact, people use things like Google to search the whole of the internet for answers to their questions using keywords - keywords like "Gran Turismo reinstall save game" - and suddenly your little reply to one person in one little corner of the internet isn't so isolated; This forum is not an island and neither is your reply to that question.

Yes, Yes, I also know that using lots of words, being thorough, and even being correct, is seriously boring and time consuming but it helps avoid unintended consequences; like people losing data because you couldn't be bothered to type more than 16 words or, worse still, didn't actually know and couldn't offer the correct advice to begin with.

I may have admittedly (massively) digressed about why GTS doesn't need to store a copy of your game save data, so therefore wouldn't, but at least I didn't give the impression that someones data is safe when it may not necessarily be.
He said If I delete and reinstall will I loose all my custom car settings, and I said to him you will not loose your tune setups when you delete the game. He also wanted to know where the custom tune setup data live when your game is deleted, and I told him the save is on the online server. So I am right 100% right on this one and don't bother replying to me, because I have put ignored your further posts.

Last edited:
He also wanted to know where the custom tune setup data live when your game is deleted, and I told him the save is on the online server
For the reasons set out previously you cannot, under any circumstance, simply state "the save in on the online server" because you do not know that is true and could potentially lead to someone believing that no matter what they do their data is safe on a server somewhere, when in fact it may not. All I'm saying and trying to implore, in many (many) words, is just be more careful and if you don't know something for a fact then don't blurt out such an overly simplified statement as if it were fact.

Again, if you tell someone that they can delete the game because their save data is "on the online server" they could then also believe that they can safely factory reset their PS4 too because their save data is "on the online server".

This is not a difficult concept to grasp. Is it really too much effort to not be so ambiguous?
So I am right on this one
No, you are not. A less ambiguous answer would have been "Your save data is stored on your PS4 completely separately from the game data. You can safely delete the game, doing so will not delete your save data."

But even that would have only been 80% true. Replays and Images are also stored with the game data. If they are not backed up, by uploading (sharing) them (and/or exporting images to USB), before the game is deleted they will permanently be lost too.
and don't bother replying to me, because I have put ignored your further posts
Ahh, the internet equivalent of a 5-year old sticking their fingers in their ears. The belligerence and arrogance exhibited on this site never ceases to amaze me.

Last edited:
this gran turismo beta called "sport"
Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

In daily races manual cars with h shifted gearbox are not allowes to be driven as irl, so clutch is disabled and h pattern is disabled, makes for an unrealistic driving experience and unfair advantage towards flippper players and pad players. Since ive changed my wheel to one from Nardi, i have no flippers or buttons, so no more dailys for me....
So YOU changed your kit? You, without checking to see if it was compatible? Seems like you have a "failure to read/research" bug. Check your coding.
ABS, implementations is really really bad, cars above n400 are undriveable with abs off, unlike any other game ive played.
Its also not possible to change the abs from off to weak to default in race. Brake pressure not adjustable, only balance.
Default ABS setting is basically a LIE because even cars that do not have ABS in original, have it in game when default option is selected.
"bad" implementation =/= bug.
Not being able to change ABS during a race =/= bug.
Brake pressure not adjustable =/= bug.
All cars in all versions of GT have had ABS, whether it explicitly stated it or not, otherwise the game would be largely unplayable for the majority of players. Guess who PD make the most money from?
Private lobbys;
Rule selection and settings are awful, BOP system is a trainwreck, impossible to set rules that cars must have 100% weight and power, hence people race ferrari f50 in n300.
Not a bug. You may not like its but its still not a bug.
This last topic is more subtle, but changing wheels to different size affect handling, good in a way but also makes for unfair advantage sometimes. For instance bigger wheels generally make you "faster" but handling can become worse.
I suspect you're one of those that also moans about the lack of customisation too.

Online playing in private lobbys is not well optimized, we are a group of friends who have been playing GT since it came online, and one of us can never see lobbys we create, and so he must create his own, makes for trouble when I host a lobby with 16players and we have to close that so he can join.
Sounds like your friend has a NAT Type 3 "issue", this has been known since day 1, the game even warns about it.
All in all i think GT sport with its persistent bugs is a working BETA at best, and im not surprised GT7 would come to ps4. Polyphony Digitals last game ever if they dont step their game up. Options are vast for the Sim or Arcade oriented player. Get it together!!!!
9 million players for GTS alone, PD must have done something right, but yeah... LaST gAmE EvEr!

Iron Man Reaction GIF

IDK if these are bugs or just general shortcomings
Thread title is "Bug Report Thread", not "Have a Whinge Thread", that is here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-little-things-that-you-find-annoying-in-gt-sport.375114/

Last edited:
Back