GT Sport Career update (post Wife)

• Thread starter BigJimmy
  • 136 comments
Your advice is a bit confusing to me. I mean I get that you want to approach it from different angles. but if you go through all the effort to get out all those ingredients and do all that preparation for packaged noodles, then why don't you just put on some shoes and go for take out? With our driving skills, I'm sure it would be faster!

First of all you guys are really confusing me with all this talk of kettles and tea. I am not sure what a kettle is, I thought that's what cowboys used over open flame in big sky country and as far as tea goes the only tea that I know of is Long Island Iced Tea which is served cold here in the US at any local "pub"
On top of that you guys make eating such a chore with all of the walking or dealing with common every day drivers on the road. Dont you guys have Uber across the pond? They will bring you food from any nearby restaurant, all you need is a cell phone and awareness of your own address.

Your advice is a bit confusing to me. I mean I get that you want to approach it from different angles. but if you go through all the effort to get out all those ingredients and do all that preparation for packaged noodles, then why don't you just put on some shoes and go for take out? With our driving skills, I'm sure it would be faster!

It's a good question but the boil time for the broth takes the same amount of time regardless if its the packet or your own sauce. You can course chop the ingredients, the ginger is just a nub that you remove before you eat. Other than the chopping of shallots or garlic, everything else you just dump in the pot. Even the egg only takes 1 minute to cook which is well within the 3 minute boiling time.

I personally take it a step further. I boil the broth in a separate pot side by side to the ramen. The ramen is boiled for just under the 3 minute cooking time, strained, and then rinsed under cold water to stop the cooking and remove excess starch. Then I place the ramen in the bowl and pour the boiling broth over it.

And in answer to your question, the quality of ramen noodles actually isn't that bad. Especially if you step your game up and start grabbing Ottogi or SamYang brands which have a very thick chewy noodle. It's a great foundation or platform for all kinds of ingredients. Health wise, it's very easy to balance out the 400 calories of starch with left over meat and vegetables. The only bad thing is really the sodium which you can control by using either half of the seasoning packet or making your own broth.

(EDIT) Maybe this will inspire you...

Last edited:
It's a good question but the boil time for the broth takes the same amount of time regardless if its the packet or your own sauce. You can course chop the ingredients, the ginger is just a nub that you remove before you eat. Other than the chopping of shallots or garlic, everything else you just dump in the pot. Even the egg only takes 1 minute to cook which is well within the 3 minute boiling time.

I personally take it a step further. I boil the broth in a separate pot side by side to the ramen. The ramen is boiled for just under the 3 minute cooking time, strained, and then rinsed under cold water to stop the cooking and remove excess starch. Then I place the ramen in the bowl and pour the boiling broth over it.

And in answer to your question, the quality of ramen noodles actually isn't that bad. Especially if you step your game up and start grabbing Ottogi or SamYang brands which have a very thick chewy noodle. It's a great foundation or platform for all kinds of ingredients. Health wise, it's very easy to balance out the 400 calories of starch with left over meat and vegetables. The only bad thing is really the sodium which you can control by using either half of the seasoning packet or making your own broth.

You need help, you know far too much about ramen noodles:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::cheers:

Well.. I must say this didnt go in the direction I expected. I thought GT Sport might be in there somewhere. :D

Well G-Tea Sport is all over this thread and @Crazy Taylor gave a prime example of the square plastic container with liquid level indicator that makes kitchens all over the UK look damn fugly.

Of course, not to be outdone by the positive effects of G-Tea Sport, it's greatest rival right now is G&T Sport which as everyone knows later this month is going to be a perfect mix of a summer drive around Provence with John Thaw, followed by a refreshing glass of the finest gin and whatevertheycomeupwithnexttogowithit. So there is still much goodness coming to all of our lives thanks to this *flawed gaming masterpiece* (insert your own description here).

Dear @BigJimmy ,

Your commitment to GT Sport and openness is truly inspiring and I feel the need to share my story of sadness and misery.

My wife and children have also left me. Yes it's true, they have gone to Hawaii while I am left behind by myself in the Pacific Northwest. It's only been 6 days, but my life has drastically changed already.

Thanks to your story and the support of the GTP community, especially @DesertPenguin, @sundaydriving, @Crazy Taylor, @Canada_25, @fastone371, @ThePhantomAli, @BallPtPenTheif, @Alpha Cipher, @sirjim73, @Azerach, @Valkendorm, & @Satomiblood, ever since this morning, in the comfort of this thread, I have begun to feel a glimmer of hope. I feel this is my true family. I have learned from your example and want to make sure I don't have the same problem you did.

So I created this wicked Livery!

7278389846089957916_0.jpg

7278389843405604380_0.jpg

Now i must confess my true problem.

My wife and kids are just on vacation and will be home in less than a week. What will I do when they get home and I no longer have the freedom to play GT Sport any time I want! Should I call in sick every day until then to maximize my racing time? Please help!

Thank you for your understanding and support! And thanks to the GTP community as well!

Semi-Sincerely,

DriftMethod

Dear @BigJimmy ,

Your commitment to GT Sport and openness is truly inspiring and I feel the need to share my story of sadness and misery.

My wife and children have also left me. Yes it's true, they have gone to Hawaii while I am left behind by myself in the Pacific Northwest. It's only been 6 days, but my life has drastically changed already.

Thanks to your story and the support of the GTP community, especially @DesertPenguin, @sundaydriving, @Crazy Taylor, @Canada_25, @fastone371, @ThePhantomAli, @BallPtPenTheif, @Alpha Cipher, @sirjim73, @Azerach, @Valkendorm, & @Satomiblood, ever since this morning, in the comfort of this thread, I have begun to feel a glimmer of hope. I feel this is my true family. I have learned from your example and want to make sure I don't have the same problem you did.

My wife and kids are just on vacation and will be home in less than a week. What will I do when they get home and I no longer have the freedom to play GT Sport any time I want! Should I call in sick every day until then to maximize my racing time? Please help!

Thank you for your understanding and support! And thanks to the GTP community as well!

Semi-Sincerely,

DriftMethod
I need that livery!!! :lol:

Dear @BigJimmy ,

Semi-Sincerely,

DriftMethod

PMSL

Im sorry to hear your GT Sport freedom will only be fleeting.

Lol.. That can be the livery for Team DILDO Racing (Divorced Insular Lucky Dads Online). I hope you share it for us.

Semi-Sincerely,

DriftMethod

Send your kids to work in your place. Sign them up for double shifts or get them additional jobs if you can to keep them out of your hair for longer and to give you a bit of extra cash to buy some spare wheels, tvs, ps4s and gaming chairs.

Send your kids to work in your place. Sign them up for double shifts or get them additional jobs if you can to keep them out of your hair for longer and to give you a bit of extra cash to buy some spare wheels, tvs, ps4s and gaming chairs.
See, that's what I'm talking about. Helping each other out with creative solutions! :cheers: Now if someone knows any tricks to get around those pesky child labor laws...:confused:

:cheers:

My wife often slightly burns herself with the steam when pouring water for our tea. Did your Ex-wife had the same problem? is it a wife thing. I never experienced any problem with this magnificent kettle.

No she didn't ever do that, but she would try to pour the water while still boiling and it would jump out of the spout and overshoot the mug onto the work top. Im so glad that part of my life is over now.

Last edited:
Dear @BigJimmy ,

Semi-Sincerely,

DriftMethod

Easily, the best livery of the year.

Last edited:
Dear @BigJimmy ,

Semi-Sincerely,

DriftMethod

Calling in sick to maximize racing time is a no-brainer. Since your GT freedom is short lived however I strongly suggest you start to ween yourself off of GTS racing ASAP, as far as I know there are no GTS addiction clinics as of yet (but that does give me some ideas) and I am not so sure us forum members can offer much assistance online with the withdrawal symptoms unless you have a PS4 with GTS loaded on it at your disposal.
The one curiosity I have though is how did you possibly have time to make that custom livery? Either there were no FIA races yesterday or you are not truly addicted, one should have 3 accounts to make it possible to compete in 6 FIA races every day, that's just another no-brainer. It was my understanding that those who are truly addicted must have that DR S rating beside their name to differentiate between the hardcore and the posers. You know what they say, "hate the game, not the player". (just a second, that might be for another forum, BRB.............):bowdown::bowdown::cheers::gtpflag:

Calling in sick to maximize racing time is a no-brainer. Since your GT freedom is short lived however I strongly suggest you start to ween yourself off of GTS racing ASAP, as far as I know there are no GTS addiction clinics as of yet (but that does give me some ideas) and I am not so sure us forum members can offer much assistance online with the withdrawal symptoms unless you have a PS4 with GTS loaded on it at your disposal.
The one curiosity I have though is how did you possibly have time to make that custom livery? Either there were no FIA races yesterday or you are not truly addicted, one should have 3 accounts to make it possible to compete in 6 FIA races every day, that's just another no-brainer. It was my understanding that those who are truly addicted must have that DR S rating beside their name to differentiate between the hardcore and the posers. You know what they say, "hate the game, not the player". (just a second, that might be for another forum, BRB.............):bowdown::bowdown::cheers::gtpflag:
I'm not ready to admit that I have a problem, but I promise to contact my healthcare provider to check my addiction coverage... Well, I'll do that next week when the family returns and I have time to make a phone call.

It's questionable whether I am truly addicted. I did work yesterday. Since I work at a computer, I was able to prepare for the livery by searching and uploading SVGs. It took less than 5 minutes in game to make the livery, so very proud of my livery efficiency.

My only regret was that I made the livery after the FIA Nations race. My win would have been much sweeter with that livery.

About the FIA race, I have a tip to share. It's all about visualization! Everyone knows about dangling a carrot in front of a horse, so I adapted it for motivation. I imagined the prize was a year's supply of ramen and that it was the last day for the best kettle sale of the season and the store was closing soon. My only concern is this might only work at Brands Hatch, since it is in the land of kettles.

I'm not ready to admit that I have a problem, but I promise to contact my healthcare provider to check my addiction coverage... Well, I'll do that next week when the family returns and I have time to make a phone call.

It's questionable whether I am truly addicted. I did work yesterday. Since I work at a computer, I was able to prepare for the livery by searching and uploading SVGs. It took less than 5 minutes in game to make the livery, so very proud of my livery efficiency.

My only regret was that I made the livery after the FIA Nations race. My win would have been much sweeter with that livery.

About the FIA race, I have a tip to share. It's all about visualization! Everyone knows about dangling a carrot in front of a horse, so I adapted it for motivation. I imagined the prize was a year's supply of ramen and that it was the last day for the best kettle sale of the season and the store was closing soon. My only concern is this might only work at Brands Hatch, since it is in the land of kettles.

FANTASTIC!!!!! (on all fronts)
I just wanted to prepare you for any possible withdrawal symptoms, just so it's clear I'm not here accusing anyone of anything (yet) Congrats on your FIA win, I'm sure Ferrari or Merc will be calling you soon as a replacement for Kimi or Valteri. I also heard there is a recently vacated seat in F2 (by an American driver) but I understand it's a pay drive, I would like to think us GTSers are above paying for a seat. Speaking of racing, at least with GTS we have something to help us pass the time of that long summer holiday in F1:):)

@DriftMethod if you are on this evening, can you send me a friend request? I NEED that Aston livery :lol: If you do not have the time tonight, I can do it tomorrow night, not a big deal. I just won't be able to get one tonight. PSN is ScotysDemise

Back