GT Sport Career update (post Wife)

• Thread starter BigJimmy
  • 136 comments
United Kingdom
Devon UK
As some of you will remember, my wife and kids left me shortly before Christmas last year due to my dedication to GT Sport (Linky if you are not up to date https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/plea-for-help-from-gtp-people.370669/). This was obviously a monumental shift in my life balance. I thought I would give you all an update on my progress in recent months.

Life enrichment is a goal of many. Facebook posts talk of ditching baggage and having only those around you that support you and your goals. I think my wife must have read some of these and taken action for me. Thanks to her I am now an A+ driver and constantly find myself in the top 10 for the European and Asian regions dailies. You can’t be doing daily Race B 30 times a day while also having to bath children and read bedtime stories. Unfortunately, although being invited to take part in the World Tour event at the Nurburgring, I couldn’t go, as I don’t know where the wife kept our passports.

Not only do one’s goals change but also the day to day priorities. Living life between Daily race C matchmaking slots, streamlines one’s domestic efforts. Gone are the requirements for showers and baths when wet-wipes are at hand. Clothes need not be washed when it’s just you that sees them. GTP_Twissy does not care what your armpits smell like when your livery screams “Badass”. I am lucky enough to now have racing as a necessary distraction from the profound aching pain within my chest.

I have also found that burning my tongue speed-eating partly cooked Raman noodles directly from the saucepan while standing over the sink is a liberating experience.

Gaining 40,000 followers was not an easy task. Pre-split, I had only 45 people liking my Scapes photos and liveries. It takes hard work and dedication to increase your following by a factor of 889. Before, I would have been washing up, helping fold the bed linen or playing football in the garden. Now I have the ability to focus and write “Great work, please like and share my liveries”, 1500 times a day! Going though your kid’s lists of spellings and helping with times table homework, will not a sweet ass livery make! The victory of a “like” tastes all the sweeter when combined with the lachrymal streams of unrelenting emptiness.

Thanks for reading this and joining me on my journey. Now I can carry on with my August update ransom demand list!

I would also like to hear your stories of how GT Sport has had a positive impact on your life.

;)

As some of you will remember, my wife and kids left me shortly before Christmas last year due to my dedication to GT Sport (Linky if you are not up to date https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/plea-for-help-from-gtp-people.370669/). This was obviously a monumental shift in my life balance. I thought I would give you all an update on my progress in recent months.

Life enrichment is a goal of many. Facebook posts talk of ditching baggage and having only those around you that support you and your goals. I think my wife must have read some of these and taken action for me. Thanks to her I am now an A+ driver and constantly find myself in the top 10 for the European and Asian regions dailies. You can’t be doing daily Race B 30 times a day while also having to bath children and read bedtime stories. Unfortunately, although being invited to take part in the World Tour event at the Nurburgring, I couldn’t go, as I don’t know where the wife kept our passports.

Not only do one’s goals change but also the day to day priorities. Living life between Daily race C matchmaking slots, streamlines one’s domestic efforts. Gone are the requirements for showers and baths when wet-wipes are at hand. Clothes need not be washed when it’s just you that sees them. GTP_Twissy does not care what your armpits smell like when your livery screams “Badass”. I am lucky enough to now have racing as a necessary distraction from the profound aching pain within my chest.

I have also found that burning my tongue speed-eating partly cooked Raman noodles directly from the saucepan while standing over the sink is a liberating experience.

Gaining 40,000 followers was not an easy task. Pre-split, I had only 45 people liking my Scapes photos and liveries. It takes hard work and dedication to increase your following by a factor of 889. Before, I would have been washing up, helping fold the bed linen or playing football in the garden. Now I have the ability to focus and write “Great work, please like and share my liveries”, 1500 times a day! Going though your kid’s lists of spellings and helping with times table homework, will not a sweet ass livery make! The victory of a “like” tastes all the sweeter when combined with the lachrymal streams of unrelenting emptiness.

Thanks for reading this and joining me on my journey. Now I can carry on with my August update ransom demand list!

I would also like to hear your stories of how GT Sport has had a positive impact on your life.

;)
After that post of desperation back in December, I was so worried and concerned for you. So I must ask, what livery did you choose for the 911?

I reckon I would've taken a turn for the worst if I didn't have Gran Turismo.

Yes, it's a joke. And a good one.

Sometimes you never can tell. My real X wife gave me the choice between her and the racecar a little over 20 years ago, I have a new wife and a racecar now. There is a reason why there are bumper stickers that say "my told me its her or the race car, Im really gonna miss her", the thing wrong with the bumper sticker is that I do not miss my X. :D:D
I had to go back a read the original thread, does Big Jimmy write books? He is 1 heck of a story teller!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hi Jimmy why waste time waiting for ramen noodles in a saucepan when you can pop them straight in the kettle and tape the button down
This guy knows!!!!
Oh you Brits and your Kettles.

This is how we do it in America!

DRTNb7kWsAAxzsr.jpg

*disclaimer - This is not my picture. I am saddened that I don't own a vintage microwave oven such as this. They don't make them like they used to. I have to buy a new microwave every 5 years or so, but it is worth it!

If you're taking a crack at a driving career I suggest you work it from all possible industry angles. In addition to the sim racing I suggest getting into carting or some other affordable driving class.

As for Ramen... ditch the seasoning packet and just use liquid chicken broth, 1tbs good butter, shallots/garlic, soy sauce, and ginger. During the last minute of boiling, turn the heat down to a simmer drop a raw egg in. It'll be semi firm just as you go to eat.

If you're taking a crack at a driving career I suggest you work it from all possible industry angles. In addition to the sim racing I suggest getting into carting or some other affordable driving class.

As for Ramen... ditch the seasoning packet and just use liquid chicken broth, 1tbs good butter, shallots/garlic, soy sauce, and ginger. During the last minute of boiling, turn the heat down to a simmer drop a raw egg in. It'll be semi firm just as you go to eat.
Your advice is a bit confusing to me. I mean I get that you want to approach it from different angles. but if you go through all the effort to get out all those ingredients and do all that preparation for packaged noodles, then why don't you just put on some shoes and go for take out? With our driving skills, I'm sure it would be faster!

dad12fd6.gif~c200

I wouldn't have read such a great and funny post if I didn't buy GTS

I'm gonna try that :lol:
The kettle is THE appliance to have if you live in The UK. You can't without a hot beverage whether it be tea, coffee or bovril.
I don't have a kettle so I boil water over a stove :lol:

The kettle is THE appliance to have if you live in The UK. You can't without a hot beverage whether it be tea, coffee or bovril.
Bovril?

Here's a map close to where I live. There's a Starbucks on almost every corner. The distance between the one on the bottom left and top right is about the same as the length of Suzuka's main straight. So someone could walk to 4 Starbucks locations in the same time it takes to boil water. Boiling water is way too difficult for us.
2e7zo3.jpg

Bovril?

Here's a map close to where I live. There's a Starbucks on almost every corner. The distance between the one on the bottom left and top right is about the same as the length of Suzuka's main straight. So someone could walk to 4 Starbucks locations in the same time it takes to boil water. Boiling water is way too difficult for us.
2e7zo3.jpg

The inability to boil water aside, surely you're not suggesting that an American would walk anywhere let alone between two nearby Starbucks?

4 x drive throughs right?

Bovril?

2e7zo3.jpg
Man all the food places. Not loads of fat people in Tanasbourne? For the record I hate Starbucks. Costs far too much for coffee and tastes like crap. Doune Experts is my jam.

The inability to boil water aside, surely you're not suggesting that an American would walk anywhere let alone between two nearby Starbucks?

4 x drive throughs right?
:lol: You caught me. I did say "someone could walk" so you are absolutely right! To be fair, only 1 is a drive thru, the others are inside other stores. But then who could possibly purchase groceries, household items or a book without a Starbucks cup in their hand?

Man all the food places. Not loads of fat people in Tanasbourne? For the record I hate Starbucks. Costs far too much for coffee and tastes like crap. Doune Experts is my jam.
Definitely lots of places to eat. That's why we need so many Starbucks, coffee helps to wash down all those Super Sized meals. I'm not really a Starbucks fan either, but more because I'm too cheap. Compared to a lot of people I know, I probably save enough money in a week by not going to Starbucks to purchase a mighty fine kettle. 💡 I'm feeling inspired, feel free to suggest a good kettle. Maybe if the authorities catch me with a kettle they'll think I'm not a citizen and deport me. Free trip to Europe sounds nice!

:lol: You caught me. I did say "someone could walk" so you are absolutely right! To be fair, only 1 is a drive thru, the others are inside other stores. But then who could possibly purchase groceries, household items or a book without a Starbucks cup in their hand?

Definitely lots of places to eat. That's why we need so many Starbucks, coffee helps to wash down all those Super Sized meals. I'm not really a Starbucks fan either, but more because I'm too cheap. Compared to a lot of people I know, I probably save enough money in a week by not going to Starbucks to purchase a mighty fine kettle. 💡 I'm feeling inspired, feel free to suggest a good kettle. Maybe if the authorities catch me with a kettle they'll think I'm not a citizen and deport me. Free trip to Europe sounds nice!

It's the most important decision of your life, after deciding which anime character to use on your latest livery of course, so you need to think it through carefully.

Do you lean towards an ultra modern kettle that looks like some fancy art object but burns your fingers whenever you try to pick it up, a square block with a liquid level indicator on the side which is very practical but so damn fugly, or are you a classics man, metal kettle with a round handle, the whistle blowing when ready till you forget it has no automatic cut out and burn the bottom off again?

Tough choice to get right...

A kettle is not just a kettle. It is an extension of your manhood and should display what is important in your life.

I would suggest a finely tuned high performance kettle. Aerodynamic angles but just enough white space for those sponsorship logos to display on your twitch stream once that gets rolling.

Back