GT Sport Career update (post Wife)

• Thread starter BigJimmy
  • 136 comments
Don't bother with a kettle or whatever it's called, splurge on the cup instant noodles. Just fill the cup with water and microwave it; that do not microwave thing is a myth.

If you want to treat yourself though, I recommend these:
download.jpeg

FANTASTIC!!!!! (on all fronts)
I just wanted to prepare you for any possible withdrawal symptoms, just so it's clear I'm not here accusing anyone of anything (yet) Congrats on your FIA win, I'm sure Ferrari or Merc will be calling you soon as a replacement for Kimi or Valteri. I also heard there is a recently vacated seat in F2 (by an American driver) but I understand it's a pay drive, I would like to think us GTSers are above paying for a seat. Speaking of racing, at least with GTS we have something to help us pass the time of that long summer holiday in F1:):)
I got a bit lucky on the matchmaking for the FIA race. Looking at the replay of the Americas Alien race, I would have been mid pack at best. By the way, no one can ever replace Kimi!

@DriftMethod if you are on this evening, can you send me a friend request? I NEED that Aston livery :lol: If you do not have the time tonight, I can do it tomorrow night, not a big deal. I just won't be able to get one tonight. PSN is ScotysDemise
I'll send it tonight...if I remember.

I'll also share the icons I used. The text is low quality though. I'm sure anyone can create a better livery than my basic one. If so, please share!

I got a bit lucky on the matchmaking for the FIA race. Looking at the replay of the Americas Alien race, I would have been mid pack at best. By the way, no one can ever replace Kimi!

Of course not, what in the world did I say that for?:dunce::dunce::dunce: I will just leave it by saying "driving the #7 Ferrari in Kimi's absence".

Could you take a moment and paint a picture in your minds eye please?
The picture is an excited 5 year old Kimi on Christmas morning standing in front of a Christmas tree with presents stacked 6' high. Just imagine how much excitement and joy do you think was on that 5 year old Kimi's face and voice?

I will do my best to offer up a short quote of what I think the scene was like......
ThankyouforthegiftstheyarenicecanIhavesomethingtoeat? (only Kimi's true followers will understand)

Kimis best quote ever!!!! LEAVEMEALONE,IKNOWWHATIAMDOING!!:lol:

Of course not, what in the world did I say that for?:dunce::dunce::dunce: I will just leave it by saying "driving the #7 Ferrari in Kimi's absence".

Could you take a moment and paint a picture in your minds eye please?
The picture is an excited 5 year old Kimi on Christmas morning standing in front of a Christmas tree with presents stacked 6' high. Just imagine how much excitement and joy do you think was on that 5 year old Kimi's face and voice?

I will do my best to offer up a short quote of what I think the scene was like......
ThankyouforthegiftstheyarenicecanIhavesomethingtoeat? (only Kimi's true followers will understand)

Kimis best quote ever!!!! LEAVEMEALONE,IKNOWWHATIAMDOING!!:lol:
Kimi is by far my favorite driver of all time! After watching this video, he's also my favorite passenger. :lol: It's not "typical" Kimi, but then again it is.

Imagine Kimi at an amusement park....
Theridewasokbutnotfastenoughsowewillhavetowaitandseewhatthenextonewillbelike.

Kimi is by far my favorite driver of all time! After watching this video, he's also my favorite passenger. :lol: It's not "typical" Kimi, but then again it is.

Imagine Kimi at an amusement park....
Theridewasokbutnotfastenoughsowewillhavetowaitandseewhatthenextonewillbelike.

Kimi is by far the coolest, from what I understand he races almost everything from cars to boats to snowmobiles etc and even enters the races under fake names like James Hunt.

I wanted to see if you lied about the 40,000 followers thing but this is all one stupid joke so I dont really care anymore

@OP That's a bad joke and it not even funny.

Not to be rude but is there no humor allowed on your planet??? :confused::confused::confused:
The planet in which we hail this is just plain old good humor, it is not making fun of anyone or offensive. That is rule #1, never, I repeat never offend anyone, even though the "offended" individual must make a conscious decision to become offended.

Not to be rude but is there no humor allowed on your planet??? :confused::confused::confused:
The planet in which we hail this is just plain old good humor, it is not making fun of anyone or offensive. That is rule #1, never, I repeat never offend anyone, even though the "offended" individual must make a conscious decision to become offended.
Everyone with a real life and a set of troubles connected to it can feel offended. Good old humor you say...

Everyone with a real life and a set of troubles connected to it can feel offended. Good old humor you say...

Someone everywhere has a hard time with something, doesnt mean that there is no humor in his tale though. In real life many years ago my current wife at the time basically told me there wasnt enough room for her and my real race car, she is now my x-wife and my current wife would not give me that ultimatum. That doesnt mean I cant find humor in a tale or feel offended if other make jokes of a similar situation, but like I said earlier, if someone is going to get offended at something it is because they made the choice to become offended, I must choose not to become offended I guess.

@OP That's a bad joke and it not even funny.

While it is a joke (which luckily a few people found funny), its also a personal warning to myself for a couple of reasons. 1. My mum and dad broke up for similar (if not exactly the same) reasons when I was three. And 2 i catch myself thinking "I wish I had more time to play GT" when infact there are much more important things going on in my life that deserve my attention (and I dont mean writing stupid stories on GTplanet :embarrassed:).

The mear mention of a subject does not make that story offensive, surely. In bad taste perhaps but not offensive.

Thank you!

I think this joke (yes it is a good one) can be a downer because there are real people in the world who prioritize "likes" on social media and virtual progress over anything truly meaningful and important in a human being's life. Yes this statement flirts with the notion that there is only one definition of meaningful and important. But I would wager that the judgment of "a reasonable person" -- which is a real, legal term -- says GT Sport is not as important as family, marriage, etc. Also, some people just need to lighten up. Rule 62!

I think this joke (yes it is a good one) can be a downer because there are real people in the world who prioritize "likes" on social media and virtual progress over anything truly meaningful and important in a human being's life. Yes this statement flirts with the notion that there is only one definition of meaningful and important. But I would wager that the judgment of "a reasonable person" -- which is a real, legal term -- says GT Sport is not as important as family, marriage, etc. Also, some people just need to lighten up. Rule 62!

What I think is very unfortunate is going to a restaurant and seeing 4 people sitting at table and nobody is socializing with the people in their party, instead they are staring and typing into their phones. It seems that we are only a generation away from changing all face to face social behavior

What the.... How did this turn into a serious commentary on social issues?

Language barriers aside, everyone should recognize the severe lack of seriousness in this thread. There was no intent to be offensive. Besides, a quick search on the forums will show it's much easier to view intentional offensiveness in a discussion of TCS, CSA, Star Player Achievement or dare I even mention cockpit view.

Is this OP serious? I'm genuinely not sure lol. I have gone through my 20s and half of my 30s now unscathed. No children in the foreseeable future either. I love my videogames and motorcycle too much to spend all my free time after work filling an unfortunate soul's head full of my own biases and nonsense. Sigh...Guess I'll go boot up GTS for some hot laps!

Is this OP serious? I'm genuinely not sure lol. I have gone through my 20s and half of my 30s now unscathed. No children in the foreseeable future either. I love my videogames and motorcycle too much to spend all my free time after work filling an unfortunate soul's head full of my own biases and nonsense. Sigh...Guess I'll go boot up GTS for some hot laps!

I dont know if this thread is funnier or the OP's other one where he speaks of the aggressive AI cars in sport mode is funnier, both are spectacular!!!

Back to the kettles. I particularly find this one to be of my flavour. I no longer need to paint it a different colour like I feel the need to do once I've participated in a Sport Mode race as it does it for me!
c1400x840q75.jpg

But this..... This beats any anime kettle i've ever seen in my life! Just a shame it wont get as many likes!
See-through-Sorapot-2-by-Joey-Roth_1.jpg

Back to the kettles. I particularly find this one to be of my flavour. I no longer need to paint it a different colour like I feel the need to do once I've participated in a Sport Mode race as it does it for me!
c1400x840q75.jpg

But this..... This beats any anime kettle i've ever seen in my life! Just a shame it wont get as many likes!
What a unique kettle!

c1400x840q75.jpg

The top one would look crap in about 3 days with my hard water (cant be bothered with that filtering lark)!

The second one is surely a Tea Pot not a kettle. As its already hot water being brewed with tea leaves (to answer Fastone's question ;)).

Easy (ish) ramen:

- vacuum packed ramen noodles or instant ramen (throw away the sauce packets)
- Green onion cut in length or however you want
- 1 or 2 garlic clove crushed
- 1 inch ginger crushed
- Bacon
- Nori (sushi Seaweed)
- chicken stock
- mirin
- brown or regular sugar (if no mirin)
- Sake (optional if no mirin)

Soup:
1 portion approx 2 1/2 to 3 US cups of soup needed
- 9/10 of the soup
Knorr/maggi Chicken stock, use the instructions
Sauce:
- 1/10 of the soup
mix equal parts soy sauce, mirin (or a little brown sugar), sake (or vodka, whiskey or your favorite spirit). Throw in sauce pan with crushed garlic clove, crushed ginger and some green onion and cook till alcohol is mostly evaporated. Refridgerate a few hours and remove the garlic, onions and ginger

Optional add 1/2 teaspoon dashi powder

assembling:
- fry bacon
- Cook the noodles
- Put the sauce in the bowl
- add hot chicken stock
- strain noodles
- add the noodles
- add some chopped green onion
- add the bacon
- add a small sheet of nori

optional:
corn
cooked spinach
fishcake
etc.

I'm more alarmed that no one here is concerned that playing too much GTS has contributed to @BigJimmy 's family breaking-up and the serious long-term damage it will do.

Back