GT Sport Career update (post Wife)

• Thread starter BigJimmy
  • 136 comments
A nice bowl of hot Ramen will sooth any damage :lol:
and most obviously a new kettle purchase will replace any woman.

The top one would look crap in about 3 days with my hard water (cant be bothered with that filtering lark)!

The second one is surely a Tea Pot not a kettle. As its already hot water being brewed with tea leaves (to answer Fastone's question ;)).

Google told me it was a kettle. Are you seriously trying to tell me google is wrong?

I'm more alarmed that no one here is concerned that playing too much GTS has contributed to @BigJimmy 's family breaking-up and the serious long-term damage it will do.
I'm more concerned about my guilt. I'm left with an impossible decision and either one leaves me feeling depressed. So what to do? Take advantage of the fantastic Ramen preparation advice and give up precious minutes of GTS or endure sub-par Ramen in favor of maximum GTS time?

Sorry to be so aggressive, but I blame all of you and your delicious Ramen recipes! I was better off enjoying my powder packet Ramen in ignorant bliss!

I'm more concerned about my guilt. I'm left with an impossible decision and either one leaves me feeling depressed. So what to do? Take advantage of the fantastic Ramen preparation advice and give up precious minutes of GTS or endure sub-par Ramen in favor of maximum GTS time?

Sorry to be so aggressive, but I blame all of you and your delicious Ramen recipes! I was better off enjoying my powder packet Ramen in ignorant bliss!

Although I feel very offended by your clearly aggressive and malice response I do feel compelled to tell you about the benefits.

The high sodium and artificial flavoring content in those powder packets will influence your laptimes negatively. Being more healthy will give you more energy and awareness to sharpen that laptime by at least a tenth of a second. And obviously as GT sport is Japanese, eating Japanese food properly will shave another tenth second of that laptime!

Although I feel very offended by your clearly aggressive and malice response I do feel compelled to tell you about the benefits.

The high sodium and artificial flavoring content in those powder packets will influence your laptimes negatively. Being more healthy will give you more energy and awareness to sharpen that laptime by at least a tenth of a second. And obviously as GT sport is Japanese, eating Japanese food properly will shave another tenth second of that laptime!
I apologize for my outburst. I do hope you understand it was due to the mental anguish I have been going through these past few days and not a true reflection of my character.

My belief in the GTP community is restored! Thank you for pointing out my errors and I will certainly enjoy those lap times that will soon be two tenths faster! I can't even imagine how fast I will be once I purchase a kettle!

I apologize for my outburst. I do hope you understand it was due to the mental anguish I have been going through these past few days and not a true reflection of my character.

My belief in the GTP community is restored! Thank you for pointing out my errors and I will certainly enjoy those lap times that will soon be two tenths faster! I can't even imagine how fast I will be once I purchase a kettle!

No problem! But remember a japanese kettle will boost that kettle bonus by another 10%.

3847105015_0d5306d9a0.jpg

I'm more alarmed that no one here is concerned that playing too much GTS has contributed to @BigJimmy 's family breaking-up and the serious long-term damage it will do.

What, excuse me?? Broken marriage?? Where did you read that?? I read and I quote "playing GTS" and "now I get to play more GTS".. Maybe you misread something?? I read every single post so far, I dont think I missed anything. :confused::confused::confused:

It's a good question but the boil time for the broth takes the same amount of time regardless if its the packet or your own sauce. You can course chop the ingredients, the ginger is just a nub that you remove before you eat. Other than the chopping of shallots or garlic, everything else you just dump in the pot. Even the egg only takes 1 minute to cook which is well within the 3 minute boiling time.

I personally take it a step further. I boil the broth in a separate pot side by side to the ramen. The ramen is boiled for just under the 3 minute cooking time, strained, and then rinsed under cold water to stop the cooking and remove excess starch. Then I place the ramen in the bowl and pour the boiling broth over it.

And in answer to your question, the quality of ramen noodles actually isn't that bad. Especially if you step your game up and start grabbing Ottogi or SamYang brands which have a very thick chewy noodle. It's a great foundation or platform for all kinds of ingredients. Health wise, it's very easy to balance out the 400 calories of starch with left over meat and vegetables. The only bad thing is really the sodium which you can control by using either half of the seasoning packet or making your own broth.

(EDIT) Maybe this will inspire you...

A few tips for better noodles that will improve your concentration in GTsport.

• For a perfect soft boiled egg:
  1. make a small hole in shell with needle
  2. 5 minutes in boiling water in a snug pan
  3. cool under running cool water or icewater
  4. optional put it in a fridge overnight in a closed container with leftover sauce (tare) from my recipe above: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt-sport-career-update-post-wife.380043/page-3#post-12414071
  • I highly recommend putting the broth in first and then the noodles. Trust me it balances the soup and noodles better.
  • Instant Ramen doesnt have that much starch so washing them in cold water isnt an essential step, but not using the cooking water is essential. So strain the noodles.
  • you can add any meat. for the lazy I use bacon, spam, ham or even hotdogs. whatever you like!
  • For vegetables I highly recommend just shortly blanche either beansprouts and spinach. add pinch of salt (optional: a few drops of sesame oil and some sesame seeds) Make a batch and you can store it in fridge for a few days for later use
  • If you want easy pork belly:
  1. get a strip of pork belly without skin
  2. use equal parts sugar and salt to coat it (to taste)
  3. cure it overnight or at least a couple of hours
  4. clean acces salt/sugar
  5. put in pre heated oven or toaster oven 140 C for about 45-60 minutes and then 200 C for about 45-60 minutes (depends on size of meat)
  6. refridgerate for a few days later use (s) or slice immediately for Ramen

Last edited:
  • Instant Ramen doesnt have that much starch so washing them in cold water isnt an essential step, but not using the cooking water is essential. So strain the noodles.

Fun tips. The starch though is noticeable but admittedly only when trying to pan fry basic instant ramen noodles for low budget yakisoba. Unrinsed, the excess starch turns the noodles into a mushy gluten blob. For pan frying I take a minute off of the boiling time and do an ice bath rinse to stop the cooking and to rinse the starch. From there you can pan fry them because their al dente, firm, and they won't glue to each other.

Fun tips. The starch though is noticeable but admittedly only when trying to pan fry basic instant ramen noodles for low budget yakisoba. Unrinsed, the excess starch turns the noodles into a mushy gluten blob. For pan frying I take a minute off of the boiling time and do an ice bath rinse to stop the cooking and to rinse the starch. From there you can pan fry them because their al dente, firm, and they won't glue to each other.
For fried noodles it is indeed better to rinse the noodles and cool them...But also ig you like cold noodles it is essential to rinse thoroughly. Which brings me to the ultimate solution to eat noodles without burning your mouth off.... Cold Noodles! This one is super easy and you can make a batch of sauce in advance to refridgerate. Just add green onion and wasabi just before eating.

Preferably use soba noodles, but Ramen is ok. Just cook noodles and then rinse well in cold running water and optionally give it an ice bath. Drain of water in colander.
Sauce:
1 part Dashi (just use the powdered one and use instructions)
1/4 part Mirin sweet cooking wine
1/4 part soy sauce

* You end up with 1,5 part of liquid. I have not used any measurements to avoid confusing US cups and Ml/Gr. but use enough to end up with about 150-200 ml or 1- 1,5 us cup for 1 portion.

Add some chopped green onion and a little wasabi to taste.

Traditionally it is a dipping noodle dish, but if you are in a hurry to go back to your racing rig. Just pour some sauce over the cold noodles and bon appetit!

I have a kettle with blue neons. I should probably apply a Blitz D1GP livery on it for better quality noodles.

You'll get no likes or reposts for that. It's got to be the General Lee, mixed with a mangled Gulf livery and some random anime character.

Or even better, put WE WANT SPA (AND NOODLES) AND CLASSIC TRACKS AND... AND... AND... on the side

Back