GT Sport Closed Beta Updated to v1.05

Good to see more afternoon races. Just done one of them. My count towards 26mile reward didn't come up tho

I like how they let us race more often now. I could never race during the week, since I was at work. When I got home, I was surprised to see that the tracks were open for me.

Also strange, I did a couple of races now and the qualify time didn't chose my position, there were always tons of people starting in front of me with way slower times, either its a bug or the Rating has also something to do with it?! No clue yet.

@bdj57

Nope you can only turn the HUD completely off or the Speedometer etc. But not that

9GB is like nothing these days...I bet it's just some text they changed...

Maybe additional track details, as what some members said there is visual change at Dragon Trail and some changes at Nurb like addition of starting lights, never seen that before in this beta. Could be hidden data for next patches though.

There was tire smoke a month ago, so if they haven't removed it then I guess it's still there.

Yes - smoking the tires just takes a bit more effort in gts compared to many other games. :)

Does everyone have that flicker / noise issue in matching screen or is it just me? :odd:

Racing is smooth. No ping problems so far. Also less ghosting?

The car (gr4 4C) seems to be a lot more prone to understeer turning and then oversteer on acceleration. Feels more refined and accurate though. 👍 I can also see others battling the grip more - except the gt-r guys. :lol: GT-Rs do seem to stuggle more in braking in a straight line. :odd: can anyone with the gr4 gt-r verify?

Ffb has improved. Have to try the settings first to comment.

Northern isle feels very different in gr3 vw vgt..

Last edited:
Racing is smooth. No ping problems so far. Also less ghosting?

The car (gr4 4C) seems to be a lot more prone to understeer turning and then oversteer on acceleration. Feels more refined and accurate though. 👍 I can also see others battling the grip more - except the gt-r guys. :lol: GT-Rs do seem to stuggle more in braking in a straight line. :odd: can anyone with the gr4 gt-r verify?
While the 4C already had a lot of oversteer. I rather wanted a buff for the 4C, it is such a cute car

Here's a Update Comparison 1.04 Vs 1.05 at Nurburgring Nordschleife.

PD The logo of GT Sport on the replay change too, Before was GT Sport and Now is Gran Turismo with lower letter The Real Driving Simulator

They toned down the contrast slighty, which I like a lot. One of the few issues I had with the lighting.
Really cool update it seems. Good to know PD are actually working on these things.

While the 4C already had a lot of oversteer. I rather wanted a buff for the 4C, it is such a cute car

It is more balance now.. Try and see. 👍

Noticed the accelerator renposivenes to under/oversteer in the northern isle also. :odd: did get a 1sec penalty not knowing from what though.. :confused::indiff:

It is more balance now.. Try and see. 👍

Noticed the accelerator renposivenes to under/oversteer in the northern isle also. :odd: did get a 1sec penalty not knowing from what though.. :confused::indiff:

Just won at northern isle speedway :cheers:. Handling seems more smoother

More testing on northers isle. The lift off oversteer/ prevent understeer is hugely improved now. :cheers: can quite smoothly change inside/outside curve by fethering acceleratio. Makes passing/lapping slower less hazardous:tup:

Last edited:
Good to read that the update brings a significant improvement 👍. Rather worrying though is that after 4 years of development they still seem far from finished. I can't even bring myself to redownloading the beta....:indiff:

Nürb also got an overhaul, there are alot more side track details aswell as more trees added.

The trees on the right for example are new !

hqerc7kh.jpg

TaytAj

This is how the replay looks when you change the view now. Sorry I can't get the picture to upload

Last edited:
Ok.. The physics and ffb have a major upgrade. :cheers::drool:

There is A LOT more weight to the the cars and also A LOT more weight/grip fluctuation. More weight is also felt in crashes. This all also trasfers to FFB (G29). FFB is very smooth now at higher levels and not like the rattling dualshock feel it was earlier. Transfers in grip and weight can be felt in ffb more. :dopey:

And yes the magic correction off the wall is a lot less intrusive.

And the hard crashes sound even violent. That cracking splat noise makes me feel bad. :crazy:👍

Very happy. Will post a video of messing around at NB in TTS for all of you to judge your self.

👍👍:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Back