GT Sport Duel of the Week (Inactive)

Balance of Performance for Gr. [] Weekly Time Trials?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So before this Case gets closed, i‘d rather add my my tryouts. The Mustang ahem, I mean I love riding anything with a fancy Horse or Bull Emblem, but I just decided to skip the American Fury and saddle down in my Italian Beauty.
So without any Tamtam I managed a humble 1‘36,624 which i was able to continually repeat Lap after lap, the worst was a ‚36‘8. If I would have managed to string together my optimum, it would have been a ‚36‘318 but I simply had no more time.
So big Shout to @Rinsky you the Man :cheers:
Edit: Of Course I didn’t use any helplings besides ABS.

Last edited:
So before this Case gets closed, i‘d rather add my my tryouts. The Mustang ahem, I mean I love riding anything with a fancy Horse or Bull Emblem, but I just decided to skip the American Fury and saddle down in my Italian Beauty.
So without any Tamtam I managed a humble 1‘36,624 which i was able to continually repeat Lap after lap, the worst was a ‚36‘8. If I would have managed to string together my optimum, it would have been a ‚36‘318 but I simply had no more time.
So big Shout to @Rinsky you the Man :cheers:
Edit: Of Course I didn’t use any helplings besides ABS.

That's outstanding. Props to all you guys who can turn those lap times without TC.
In my mind those times shatter anything I can really do because I have TC on in the Gr.3 class.

Guys. My F5 button is broken.

Do you think its the timezone ? Or do we have to many postcounts and he gave up ?

I heard next weeks challenge is the Ferrari P330 against the Jag XJ30.

Last edited:
Guys. My F5 button is broken.

Do you think its the timezone ? Or do we have to many postcounts and he gave up ?

I heard next weeks challenge is the Ferrari P330 against the Jag XJ30.

Can’t afford it :( I have neither. I saw the Ferrari in the wheel for only the second time ever a few days ago (never seen the jag). And when I do save a considerable amount of money I’ll be purchasing the Miura.

For some reason, GTPlanet decided this thread wasn't worth my time and stopped sending me email updates.

But, I only managed a 1:41 in the Mustang and didn't have the Ferrari...

I'm personally more a fan of stability, which is at odds with @terrordog1490 (go figure - the two of us always butt heads about driving skill and driving style to push each other to go faster...or at least he's pushing me. Stop tailgating me.).

But I liked the Mustang. It was calm, sensible, and it felt like the Cars and Coffee crowds were far, far away. And I know I didn't have the Ferrari and I know it's faster, but considering that yesterday (70 minutes ago as of this post) was the 4th of July, I'm voting the Mustang.

Waflz better butter us all up for our patience, otherwise I'm flipping him over on the griddle. :lol:

food jokes 10/10 ob

Would it be an idea to change the weekly into a 2-weekly competition ? Its almost sunday again. Could have done maybe some more laps. And its a nice feeling to know when a competition starts and really ends. I am sure that mrWaffles has more to do in life and it would suit him also well ?

Next duel coming this (Thursday) night. I need some time to return home and prepare.

A lot of posts to get through, a lot of times to validate, not much time myself.

Expect next duel to run until next Thursday followed by a brief reset period until Sunday.

Next duel coming this (Thursday) night. I need some time to return home and prepare.

Expect the next duel to run until next Thursday, followed by a brief reset period.
But...Today is Thursday. So later tonight?

Edit: I'm blind. My bad.

Last edited:
Well done sir !

I dont seem to understand the thursday / sunday part as well. Can we do the time trial until this sunday ?

I will try to set a better time tonight waiting for Rinsky’s endurance in that case.

Wish me luck !

Alrighty, I hope everyone has been waiting patiently. The reason I chose Sunday instead of last Thursday to finish this duel is because of the reset period. I decided to just do it now and get it over with rather than have a second week going Thursday to Thursday. Might as well.

As for me, there's only one choice here. The Ferrari is faster for me with or without BoP. It looks better, has a better name, it's more interesting to drive, not to mention more rewarding. I think the sound also speaks for itself. Err.... Sounds for itself? But yeah, the 458 is my favourite road car and my favourite GT Racing car as well. Pretty easy vote towards the Ferrari here. Let's see what you kids had to say for the past two weeks?

And so, my vote goes to:
Ferrari 458 Italia GT3! (AKA the Waffle Pizza GT!)

It's a 3-0 whitewash, here's my video breakdown.

The Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 is my winner!

My vote goes for the Ferrari 458 GT3, by a long shot :)

Ferrari takes the win easily and gets my vote.

So this weeks wrap-up already had its winner before setting up the lap. The Ferrari 458 Gr 3. By far

As such, my vote goes to the Italia GT3.

Hey guys, welcome to a segment called the Buffoon's Corner! (read it in Clarkson's voice), where we examine the sole post from a poor sod out of the loop:
was the 4th of July, I'm voting the Mustang.

Clearly he's off his rocker. Blind patriotism causes wars you know...

No sense in counting here, this is a (nearly) clean-sweep for the Italian thoroughbred. Therefore, the winner of week 10 is the...

4755806779827290128_0.jpg

Ferrari 458 Italia GT3!

Not a surprising result here in my opinion. I'm glad you guys saw the light and stuck with the beautiful Italian stallion instead of Thrasher's burger powered mullet-mobile.

But the Ferrari was the faster one, which by my metric, that makes it mandatory that it gets my vote.

Check it out, the man said uncle himself!

Now, let's see who beat who in last week's time trials. I have a lot of posts to sit through!

Last edited:
GT Sport Time Trial of the Week 10 - Results from the Seaside

Dragon_Trail.jpg
That was a pretty long (two) week(s). Seeing as you guys had some time to sort everything out with the cars and the track, I'm expecting some blistering lap times this week. I was able to hit a 1:38.7 in the Ferrari, so let's see how I compare. Ferrari first I guess.

4611761966469383708_0.jpg

Ferrari 458 Italia GT3

@AlexLion - 1:36.329
@Rinsky - 1:36.417
@Alpha Cipher - 1:36.575
@terrordog1490 - 1:37.507
@RZQSPEED - 1:37.654
@Macboyilija - 1:38.157
Me (MrWaflz55) - 1:38.743
@Obelisk - 1:39.107
@ThePhantomAli - 1:39.586

@ThrasherDBS - 1:42.750

The guy driving a kart in his avatar takes the win again this week. Remember, if they're an alien they probably have some sort of profile picture of them involved with real life motorsports. I got a respectable fourth last for once, pretty good if I do say so myself.

6197023529037235228_0.jpg

Ford Mustang Gr.3

@Alpha Cipher - 1.38.569
@AlexLion - 1:39.377
@RZQSPEED - 1:39.536
@terrordog1490 - 1:39.672
@Rinsky - 1:40.661
@ThePhantomAli - 1:40.766
@Macboyilija - 1:41.029

@Obelisk - 1:41.491
@ThrasherDBS - 1:42.873

Looks like a clean sweep was stolen from our resident Go-Kart boy. This time it’s a wild Weeaboo who takes the lead! I’m interested to see if the lead continues to “flip-flop” between these two for the next few weeks like a Vettel and Hamilton rivalry for the F1 world championships?​

Last edited:
GT Sport Duel of the Week #11 - Audi is what Genisisn't

This is our first suggestion duel from one of our users! Halleluiah! It's been so long since I've gotten a suggestion for a duel. Let's open up my mail and see what it says:

South Korea vs Germany in UK: Brandshatch (or Lago Maggiore)
Hyundai Genesis vs Audi TT

Well, that was certainly straight to the point. I'm glad it is because the Hyundai is a razor-sharp drive from what I've heard.

You have to do something with the Hyundai Genesis. It drives utterly brilliant. In what form doesnt matter.

Alright then, the stage is set for a duel against two N300 sports coupes. This is going to be an interesting duel of 4WD against RWD at Maggiore again. Let's see how this one goes. You might even remember these two being rivals in Sport Mode back when N300 was still a class they used there. Let's see who's faster when unchained from BoP then, shall we.

Introducing the...

8152179432714437636_0.jpg

Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track!

against the...

4837522421275690500_0.jpg

Audi TTS Coupe!

The stage looks set for an awsmazing duel featuring some slightly more affordable machinery. I'll see you guys in the time trial announcement then!

Last edited:
GT Sport Time Trial of the Week #11: Sports Duel at Maggiore Reverse

Autodrome_Lago_Maggiore_-_GP.jpg

Get set to get shrecked on this wonderful road course set in the hillside of Italy. This week marks the second iteration of our thread's presence here. Thus also marking the second showing of the "cheater's corner". However, this time we're taking 'er backwards boys! Now, onto our duel parameters.

Duel Parameters:
Tags: gtsduel, dotw011
Tire Compound: Sports Soft
Tuning: Prohibited
Assists: No CSA (countersteer assists)
Deadline: sometime soon lol. (next sunday)

So have fun with these N300 rivals, and I'll see you all next week with another duel. Take care!

It almost feels the same as when PD announces a new update :)

I’m bigger than PD. You heard it here first boys!

(But yeah, I’m a lot like them. Too slow, someone’s always disappointed and I always mess something up when adding more things)

Bonus points to whomever guesses the reference from this week’s title.

Hey guys, welcome to a segment called the Buffoon's Corner! (read it in Clarkson's voice), where we examine the sole post from a poor sod out of the loop:

Clearly he's off his rocker. Blind patriotism causes wars you know...
Oh, screw you. :lol:

This week should be interesting. Be warned that Maggiore has some of the biggest corner cuts around, though.

So he will be watching a lot of replays then :)

I have to say @MrWaflz55: one of the reasons this thread is so nice and being F5-d (at least by me) is because you write so enthusiastic. Its just always a pleasure to read your wrap-ups and see which driver you have forgotten this week. Keep em comin’ !

Remember, if they're an alien they probably have some sort of profile picture of them involved with real life motorsports.
Just to clarify things: unlike Alex my avatar is from GTS. Will cherish that moment when you called me an alien forever though (beating Alpha Cipher). Great sports moments.

I’m interested to see if the lead continues to “flip-flop” between these two for the next few weeks like a Vettel and Hamilton rivalry for the F1 world championships?
Just give me a short (mini) track with RDW N-class and they will be into a hell of a fight with me.

The stage looks set for an awsmazing duel featuring some slightly more affordable machinery.
With such N-class cars I would like to see normal car colour instead of those racing stickers. Are you up for that ?

Hyundai is South Korean just so you know.
I was just testing your knowledge ;)

Back