GT Sport FIA Schedule Hints at New Track — But What Could It Be?

The PD thing to do is to disappoint everyone and use an existing track, meaning the TBD was just a placeholder.

Otherwise, my gut feeling is that Kaz wants to bring back an original track that is well suited to be the centerpiece of the event. It can't be too long in length and it has to be suitable for the X2014.

Therefore, Special Stage Route 5 is the sensible choice. Night race in a city setting that has likely been upgraded to show off the lighting effects.

It's time for a fictional classic track to celebrate One Year... :sly:
Yes! The holy trinity Grand Valley, Deep Forest and Trial Mountain would be an epic birthday present to themselves.

Night race in a city setting that has likely been upgraded to show off the lighting effects.
I want to see the updated version of the GT3 iconic sunlight-through-the-trees section of Trial Mountain!

Please, we already got 2 real tracks in a row. Let it be Deep Forest, Grand Valley, Trial Mountain or any of the classic tracks this time, it would also be perfect to celebrate GT Sport's first anniversary with some nostalgia. :bowdown:

Talking about which classic fantasy track would fit better the X2014, Red Rock Valley is my answer, who knows?!

Last edited:
Speaking of some of the classic GT1 tracks (Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Grand Valley, etc.), were there ever any theories as to the real world locations these tracks may have been based? I know they're fantasy tracks, but I've always wondered if there was a particular locale they had in mind when designing them or if there was a specific source of inspiration.
Someone theorized that they were all part of the same area.

I can't seem to recall the article on it, though.

Not with X2014 Red Bull cars.

It has to be a "proper" real circuit or a wide "fantasy" PD track.

SPA was used for the unreal (and unsimulative) Vettel challenges in the previous GT ...
Monza and Suzuka and Nurburgring GP , the other three location of those missione, are in the game ..

IR

After realizing they will run the very fast Red Bull, I guess it's either Spa, Catalunya or a typical high speed original circuit. I think Deep Forest, Trial Mountain and Autumn Ring are out of the question as those tracks don't fit too well with the Red Bull car. Then again maybe there is no new curcuit to be revealed.

Last edited:
Speaking of some of the classic GT1 tracks (Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Grand Valley, etc.), were there ever any theories as to the real world locations these tracks may have been based? I know they're fantasy tracks, but I've always wondered if there was a particular locale they had in mind when designing them or if there was a specific source of inspiration.

Deep Forest I always imagined to be in Germany, Trial Mountain I don't know any country which has similar scenery. Grand Valley is probably American. The sad part is we may never know.

Clearly its going to be a Northern Isle variation!

On a more serious note, Spa or Silverstone probably. Both seem very well suited for a race with the X2014. Great high speed circuits that should really allow the car to shine.

Laguna Seca seems like a good shout as well but I’m not holding my breadth, just seems a little awkward for a race here.

Ascari possibly? It strikes me as an easy track to model. I’m assuming it’s already been laser scanned based on its appearance in the last game. The trackside environment looks pretty simple too so shouldn’t be a major chore to remaster unlike say Circuito De Madrid with its numerous buildings.

Back