GT Sport FIA Schedule Hints at New Track — But What Could It Be?

Wasnt Shanghai International Circuit being modelled by PD like 2 years ago or so?

Source
Shanghai-International-Circuit1.jpg

It would be a pretty good track for the X2014's IMO but again it would be unlikely to be included in this update..

PS does anyone else other than me think that GTPlanet know a track is coming but can't say yet hence the cryptic news post? :odd::odd:. Sorry - seen too much X Files
The info about the races, and the "TBD" track, was published on the GT website, so I don't particularly think GTP are privy to any information they're not allowed to report yet. If they were I think they'd be teasing a bit harder than just a simple parroting of information from the GT website... but thats just my not-seen-any X-Files theory ;):lol:

The info about the races, and the "TBD" track, was published on the GT website, so I don't particularly think GTP are privy to any information they're not allowed to report yet. If they were I think they'd be teasing a bit harder than just a simple parroting of information from the GT website... but thats just my not-seen-any X-Files theory ;):lol:
'TBD' It's a common procedure for tracks and cars not officially announced. ;)

Because this is a European final, I guess it will be a European track, I probably do not have anything to count on my favorite track ( Enna Pergusa ), but the new track would be great( Zandvoort, Zolder, Jerez, e.t.c ) but I bet on the return of track from gt6 ( Silverstone, Ascari, Spa).

Gut feeling is it will be a returning fictional track.

If it’s an all new real track it makes me wonder in PD are saving up the likes of Grand Valley for a major update or the sequel.

That's literally what this article and thread is about.

Blame the Gran Turismo website. In the NEWS section, the page was posted on the 15th, same with this thread, but in the GT SPORT: TOP section, the date says the 17th, which is why I posted this.

Speaking of some of the classic GT1 tracks (Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Grand Valley, etc.), were there ever any theories as to the real world locations these tracks may have been based? I know they're fantasy tracks, but I've always wondered if there was a particular locale they had in mind when designing them or if there was a specific source of inspiration.

I remember reading somewhere (prolly this site) that there was a defunct track in like Indiana USA that had the same layout as deep Forrest. There is even footage of someone driving the track slowly as it was pretty reclaimed by nature. I don’t think the elevation changes were the same but just the layout.

I remember reading somewhere (prolly this site) that there was a defunct track in like Indiana USA that had the same layout as deep Forrest. There is even footage of someone driving the track slowly as it was pretty reclaimed by nature. I don’t think the elevation changes were the same but just the layout.
Yep.

Does anyone recognize the track used in this image? I mean they are teasing possible new vehicles maybe they are teasing a new track as well.

Looks like there is a long flat straight judging from middle and right "screen" At first I though Brands Hatch but I didn't think it had dirt on the left side of the longest straight.

*They are also teasing a French Victory so I would take this source with a grain of salt hehehe I kid, I kid, good luck all!

gt-sport-fia-championship-emea-region-venue-madrid-games-week-860x483.png

Last edited:
Grand Valley is probably American. The sad part is we may never know.

Look at this way. Uphill esses soon after the start/finish straight, downhill into a right hand hairpin, followed by a climb into a series of more or less right angle corners, and all topped off with some signature blue metal structures. That's classic Grand Valley Speedway for you... or is it Watkins Glen International after all?

Does anyone recognize the track used in this image? I mean they are teasing possible new vehicles maybe they are teasing a new track as well.

Looks like there is a long flat straight judging from middle and right "screen" At first I though Brands Hatch but I didn't think it had dirt on the left side of the longest straight.

*They are also teasing a French Victory so I would take this source with a grain of salt hehehe I kid, I kid, good luck all!

gt-sport-fia-championship-emea-region-venue-madrid-games-week-860x483.png
The first pic is Brands Hatch... (promotional pics for the Beta).

That picture itself gives me a migraine.

In any case I doubt whether these Asian tracks are coming. PD doesnt seem to recognise the existance of Asian tracks that arent in Japan.

The only Asian track that would be likely or welcome that's not Japanese is Sepang which isnt too bad. And I Believe its a JGTC circuit.

Back