GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,879 comments
At the risk of covering old ground that likely has previously been discussed (my apologies if it has), I have a question...
I'm curious if any of the weekly races allow tuning the cars? I totally get using BoP to keep power and weight settings equitable (at least as far as GTS thinks they're equitable) but being able to tune a car seems natural to me to help handling & overall drive-ability. Seems like it would make for better racing across the board as well as more closely resemble real racing.
I've only been in 3 or 4 of the Geezer weekly races but I've learned quickly that everybody is very experienced and I'm sure most, if not all are quite knowledgeable about tuning. So, what am I missing?

I'll play along either way...just curious :)

Well chaps, I have just finished the last of the campaign GT League races, all 291 of them! Don't think I got many 'clean' ones, cannot get used to the AI braking half way through a corner!! The last race was 30 laps at Spa in the Redbull X2019. (Gonna post the replay if anyone is interested)

And after that feat, I get the wheel of fortune. What do they give me for that achievement? A bloody N100 Alpine :lol:

At the risk of covering old ground that likely has previously been discussed (my apologies if it has), I have a question...
I'm curious if any of the weekly races allow tuning the cars? I totally get using BoP to keep power and weight settings equitable (at least as far as GTS thinks they're equitable) but being able to tune a car seems natural to me to help handling & overall drive-ability. Seems like it would make for better racing across the board as well as more closely resemble real racing.
I've only been in 3 or 4 of the Geezer weekly races but I've learned quickly that everybody is very experienced and I'm sure most, if not all are quite knowledgeable about tuning. So, what am I missing?

If we take the time to try and tune during the races, all we get done is tweaking the tune and not racing. Most like racing and not farting around. Luiz runs a race on Saturday that you can tune. It’s actually up to the room host. As for me, I like racing and not down time. Therefore no tuning. Good question though. Hope to see you Wednesday night.,

If we take the time to try and tune during the races, all we get done is tweaking the tune and not racing. Most like racing and not farting around. Luiz runs a race on Saturday that you can tune. It’s actually up to the room host. As for me, I like racing and not down time. Therefore no tuning. Good question though. Hope to see you Wednesday night.,

Fair enough. I was actually assuming that since we know what the cars are ahead of time, that everybody would come to the lobby ready to go (other than maybe a small tweak between races).

No worries....like I said ....I'm the new guy without benefit of all your history about why you do what you do. I'm just trying to get up to speed (pun intended).:lol:

To run tune cars, takes time and laps to get it right. Then to run ten races for the Geezers Races, having 20 tuned cars ready, times that by ten Geezers for that race. Geezers Group for the is Friendship and Fun Time. I think we need are cars Bubble Wrap instead lol

Last edited:
To run tune cars, takes time and laps to get it right. Then to run ten races for the Geezers Races, having 20 tuned cars ready, times that by ten Geezers for that race. Geezers Group for the is Friendship and Fun Time. I think we need are cars Bubble Wrap instead lol
Er ya go Gary, precisely. Luiz typically includes a "tuned" car race which is cool but some of us just aren't overly interested in fiddling around with lap after lap trying to get a tune just right then have all that negated with our Geezer races using boost and slip. As Gary, Scotty and Steve have said, for the most part ou Geezer events are just for hanging out with a bunch of GT friends, swapping stories, ribbing each other and overall just having fun using GTS as a gathering place. A win is fun but not overly important.

CACAD436-B5AF-4996-A71A-B087FE062391.jpeg

Saturday Geezer Races
8:30 AM ET (Qualify for the first race start @ 8:50) - (PS1)

Cars:
N300 - Pantera '71 - (100X100) - Tires: SS
Gr.2 - Petronas Tom's SC430 '08 - (100X100) - Tires: RM
Gr.X - FT-1 VGT - (100x100) - Tires: RM

Race and Track conditions:
Whether: Sunny and Clear Day
Laps: 5 to 9 depending on track length
Grid: Stand start with penalty
Tire: consumption during race will be set @ 4x for all cars
Fuel: consumption during race will be set at 60 liters and 5x for all cars
Qualify: 10 minutes, no fuel or tire consumption, grid set by best lap with the Pantera 71 for the 1st race. Then, grid based on last race results.
Penalty System: ON Weak
Boost: ON Strong
Slipstream: ON Weak
First Race/Qualify

Dragon Trail Seaside + N300

Final race @ Blue Moon (people in lobby decides what to do)

See ya there!

PS1 - By 8:50 we will start a qualification time to set the grid for the first race, then the grid order as above. If you are not on the lobby by 8:50 you will only race on the second race. Even though we don't leave geezers behind, during qualify DO NOT exit your car or you will be out of the first race (game policies) .
PS2 - Lobby is friends only, if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, send a FR to PSN: GT-RaceAce

Last edited:
Saturday Geezer Races
8:30 AM ET (Qualify for the first race start @ 8:50) - (PS1)

Cars:
N300 - Pantera '71 - (100X100) - Tires: SS
Gr.2 - Petronas Tom's SC430 '08 - (100X100) - Tires: RM
Gr.X - FT-1 VGT - (100x100) - Tires: RM

Race and Track conditions:
Whether: Sunny and Clear Day
Laps: 5 to 9 depending on track length
Grid: Stand start with penalty
Tire: consumption during race will be set @ 4x for all cars
Fuel: consumption during race will be set at 60 liters and 5x for all cars
Qualify: 10 minutes, no fuel or tire consumption, grid set by best lap with the Pantera 71 for the 1st race. Then, grid based on last race results.
Penalty System: ON Weak
Boost: ON Strong
Slipstream: ON Weak
First Race/Qualify

Dragon Trail Seaside + N300

Final race @ Blue Moon (people in lobby decides what to do)

See ya there!

PS1 - By 8:50 we will start a qualification time to set the grid for the first race, then the grid order as above. If you are not on the lobby by 8:50 you will only race on the second race. Even though we don't leave geezers behind, during qualify DO NOT exit your car or you will be out of the first race (game policies) .
PS2 - Lobby is friends only, if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, send a FR to PSN ok

Latest Posts

Back