GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,879 comments
Good morning guys. I will open a room at 8.00 US ET today for Geezers, QM'S and friends. Hopefully we can get a start 09.00, (14.00 UK)

We have a choice of two GR4 cars today, the McLaren 650s and the Porsche Caymen Clubsport. Car choice open for each race.

We start at Lake Maggiore West. Race mediums, no boost, and no pit stops. Choice of next track is with the last finisher. Last race of the day will be either the F1500 at Blue Moon for 29 laps or GR1 at Le Mans for 8 laps, which we can decide with a vote.

As usual everything up for discussion when room open.

Good morning guys. I will open a room at 8.00 US ET today for Geezers, QM'S and friends. Hopefully we can get a start 09.00, (14.00 UK)

We have a choice of two GR4 cars today, the McLaren 650s and the Porsche Caymen Clubsport. Car choice open for each race.

We start at Lake Maggiore West. Race mediums, no boost, and no pit stops. Choice of next track is with the last finisher. Last race of the day will be either the F1500 at Blue Moon for 29 laps or GR1 at Le Mans for 8 laps, which we can decide with a vote.

As usual everything up for discussion when room open.
I have a car show today so I wouldn't be racing with you's . Just in case Duce gets Discombobulated and maybe JR and Steve. Here's a few preemptive F ***s F ***s F ***s to tie you's over. PS Geezer (Jerry) tell your company not to read this post too.

Was at a buddy's house last night. Thrustmaster 300 with the upgraded pedal set. TP3O or whatever they are, and it's his third set of pedals since GTS' launch. So I sit down to drive and it won't do more than about 1/4 brake action. We tore it apart and the spring became dislodged, went practically sideways and chewed up the rubber bumper stopper thing.

The other buddy was like, how did no one else notice the brakes not working?

But, after we took it apart, and getting it all good again, it's fine.

Thrustmaster... no thanks.

Hi all, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jerry, I'm a widower, grandfather, dad and all around good guy. OK, being a good guy is debatable at times. I have had GTS since day one. I actually did the preorder bit and got it early. I used to enjoy GT6 until my PS3 died. I also have the Thrustmaster T-80 Racing Wheel with the pedals that came with it. I use what I can afford. I enjoy doing custom races and time trials. I have never been in Sports mode and raced online. I really don't want to go online and ruin a race for someone else. Well, that and I am not a fast racer. I am on meds that reduce my reaction time. I figure being with ya'll I might have a chance to do a bit of racing and every race has to have someone in the last place to balance the winner. I have seen how some of the younger generations can be extremely rude and intolerant of anyone who isn't up to their standards in any game.
One thing I have noticed about the style of racing you do in the Geezer group is no tunes. Wow, I am going to have to do more practice in cars that I have tuned and get familiar with cars that aren't tuned. It is a good thing I have a load of duplicates. I can detune one of the cars and still have tunes for when I don't want to be online. I look forward to getting to know everyone and hope that my GTS usage is acceptable to everyone.

Jerry

Hi all, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jerry, I'm a widower, grandfather, dad and all around good guy. OK, being a good guy is debatable at times. I have had GTS since day one. I actually did the preorder bit and got it early. I used to enjoy GT6 until my PS3 died. I also have the Thrustmaster T-80 Racing Wheel with the pedals that came with it. I use what I can afford. I enjoy doing custom races and time trials. I have never been in Sports mode and raced online. I really don't want to go online and ruin a race for someone else. Well, that and I am not a fast racer. I am on meds that reduce my reaction time. I figure being with ya'll I might have a chance to do a bit of racing and every race has to have someone in the last place to balance the winner. I have seen how some of the younger generations can be extremely rude and intolerant of anyone who isn't up to their standards in any game.
One thing I have noticed about the style of racing you do in the Geezer group is no tunes. Wow, I am going to have to do more practice in cars that I have tuned and get familiar with cars that aren't tuned. It is a good thing I have a load of duplicates. I can detune one of the cars and still have tunes for when I don't want to be online. I look forward to getting to know everyone and hope that my GTS usage is acceptable to everyone.

Jerry
Hi Jerry and welcome. There's a whole lot of Geezers who like to say there slow. lol But everyone here are a bunch of Great Guys, so for me the racing is second to the friendship of this Geezers Club. I always look forward being on the Party with the Geezers! Gary

Was at a buddy's house last night. Thrustmaster 300 with the upgraded pedal set. TP3O or whatever they are, and it's his third set of pedals since GTS' launch. So I sit down to drive and it won't do more than about 1/4 brake action. We tore it apart and the spring became dislodged, went practically sideways and chewed up the rubber bumper stopper thing.

The other buddy was like, how did no one else notice the brakes not working?

But, after we took it apart, and getting it all good again, it's fine.

Thrustmaster... no thanks.
Cory I have had 2 Thrustmaster wheels for the past 7 year, a T500rs and T-GT with Pro pedals with brake mod. Never a problem. Never had a problem with my 2 Logitech wheels before that. I put a lot of hours on them. Knock on wood! Guess its the luck of the draw on getting a good one.

Back