GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,879 comments
I reckon that is possible. I have a spread sheet that can take care of all of that.

Plus we could also use the best results out of X number of races incase of guys who cannot race for one reason or another. For example in total there will be 16 races over the 8 week season, 2 no show days by someone would be best 12 races from the 16. So only our best 12 finishes would count.???
Hmmm, starting to get real complicated isn't it....

Deja vu!

If I remember correctly, and I might not, It took us a couple of weeks and a half dozen or so of us working on all kinds of stuff that pop's up to pull off just a few races. A series may be easier once the ground work is settled though.
I think we were all a few years younger willing to give it a go and still thought we were full of piss and vinegar when we did it. But it was worth the effort.
Not sure if I'd be much help (having to spend more time watching after Mom & Pop now days) but I'm willing to chip in when I can if needed.

Thanks to John, Claud and Gary for their help tonight. The easiest way, and less complicated, is to 'set the grid by host' option. Cheers chaps :cheers::cheers:
👍👍 :) :cheers: Yup, a tad bit of extra effort for the host but in the end the quickest and cleanest way to set the starting grid. "IF" it's slowest qualifier up front at the start (oft time that could be ME), I can simply (happily!) slip to the side and pull in behind after the pack scrambles by and avoid those first few corners where :banghead: happens. On those very rare occasions I think :sly: I might have a shot at being a front runner - :mischievous: - I'll drop the hammer and go into "HAUL'N A$$" :scared:mode! I believe it will be fun and am looking forward to it. Cheers mates!

👍👍 :) :cheers: Yup, a tad bit of extra effort for the host but in the end the quickest and cleanest way to set the starting grid. "IF" it's slowest qualifier up front at the start (oft time that could be ME), I can simply (happily!) slip to the side and pull in behind after the pack scrambles by and avoid those first few corners where :banghead: happens. On those very rare occasions I think :sly: I might have a shot at being a front runner - :mischievous: - I'll drop the hammer and go into "HAUL'N A$$" :scared:mode! I believe it will be fun and am looking forward to it. Cheers mates!
JR and you can kick ass and you guys don’t need to worry about starting at the front. Just drop the hammer and give her!

Early post for tomorrow's Geezers and Friends races

We will be using the GRX F1 Mercedes at real world tracks. Tuning open.

We start at Monza, 8 laps

Interlagos, 9 laps
Suzuka, 8 laps
Brands Hatch, 10 laps
Nurburg GP, 8 laps
Barcelona, 8 laps
Le Sarthe, 4 laps

Usual setup with the addition of damage on light and racing softs for tyres.

Last edited:
Congratulations Gary, great performance !
I have just come back from the mountains and tomorrow I expect a tough race at the Nurburg 24 hours ...
at night the second run of 40 minutes. In addition there is the complication of the default fuel. It will be a debacle for the poor calveron. You should run in my place !
maybe it will be on youtube.com/C/SIMRACINGLEAGUETV/
:boggled: :( :scared:

Geezers and Friends Early post. Wednesday night room opens 6:30 central. Start at Fuji short x 6 laps in the N600 McLaren F1 ‘94. RM. 2nd car will be the N600 Lamborghini Diablo GT ‘00. 3rd place picks car, last place running car picks track. Blue moon finale will be Gr2. 2 races at BB x 7 laps, regular blue moon for 3 races x 7 laps. First race at 7:00 central. 5 minutes between races. Later ladies!!

Last edited:
Geezers and Friends Early post. Wednesday night room opens 6:30 central. Start at Fuji short x 6 laps in the N600 McLaren F1 ‘94. RM. 2nd car will be the N600 Lamborghini Diablo GT ‘00. 3rd place picks car, last place running car picks track. Blue moon finale will be Gr2. 2 races at BB x 7 laps, regular blue moon for 3 races x 7 laps. First race at 7:00 central. 5 minutes between races. Later ladies!!
Oh no. This car is to big for this track. :cheers::cheers:

A brief report of the races last night. :D

The organization was pretty rough, at 21.50 I was not able to find the room. Finally they light me up with a message but at the end of the qualifications there were 10 minutes, not even time to do a lap.

Tenth, angry and nervous, I go slowly, I find myself eighth on the second lap but a nice sucker does not get better to do than dab and send me to crash in the wall.

With the real damage the machine becomes very slow and difficult to drive. I finish the race last and getting more angry. :mad:

Luckily Gary's encouragement messages reassure me and I face race 2 with the right balance. :bowdown:

It starts with 51 liters of gasoline and I decide for a single stop, putting the power to 4 to make two laps (5 in total)

Probably if I'd done some testing, I'd have decided on a different tactic. In the three long straights my car was slower than 20 kmh compared to the other and perhaps two stops would have been better

However the first 4 were unreachable for me but for the fifth place I could have fought if I had more gasoline.
:cheers:

Back