GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,879 comments
Geezers and Friends Wednesday Night at the Racetrack. We will start at Suzuka x 5 laps. Cars will be: N700 1967 Chevy Nova ( purchase in Gran Turismo brand central $300,000.00. 74/100 power weight.) other cars are the N600 Viper GTS ‘13 and the 458 Italia ‘09. Room opens 7:30/6:30/4:30 Eastern/ Central/ Pacific. We will vote on car to use first race. Be there or be square. ( how’s that John) 👍👍 :cheers: Later ladies!!

Thanks for that. It's a learning curve for me at the moment, hence the practise to get it working.

It's crazy there's still no standalone qualifying option to make the host's job easier but where there's a will, there's a way.

Actually I like this format - "to be fair" ;).

Me too. One or two laps for qualifying is more than enough and it might throw up a few surprises. You only have to do it once anyway as reversed grids take care of themselves.

Actually I like this format - "to be fair" ;). If we know the track(s) and car(s) for each race beforehand we can be prepared before entering the lobby. It may speed up the between races dead time as guys go round and round practicing while those satisfied with their time sit and wait.

This is for something new I would like to try John. We will know the track we are going to race at least a week beforehand, probably the tracks for the whole season. I am thinking 8 tracks per season, over 8 weeks. Open to Geezers and Friends.

We would have all week to practise. Race day we would practise for 15 min, then qualify for 15, (or format above) then have 2 races. 2nd race reverse grid.

Points maybe as follows, with an additional 5?? points going to fastest lap.

It's all work in progress at the moment. There would be no boost, a choice of tyres, fuel usage on, light damage on, settings open. Everything at the moment is open to change and any ideas are welcome. One of the main dilemmas I have is what day of the week, and start time, to do this. Maybe Sat 19.00 uk 13.00 us?? Maybe any other day of the week, I really do not know what would be best. Some help on that definitely needed :)

This is for something new I would like to try John. We will know the track we are going to race at least a week beforehand, probably the tracks for the whole season. I am thinking 8 tracks per season, over 8 weeks.

We would have all week to practise. Race day we would practise for 15 min, then qualify for 15, (or format above) then have 2 races. 2nd race reverse grid.

It's all work in progress at the moment. There would be no boost, a choice of tyres, fuel usage on, light damage on, settings open. Everything at the moment is open to change and any ideas are welcome. One of the main dilemmas I have is what day of the week, and start time, to do this. Maybe Sat 19.00 uk 13.00 us?? Maybe any other day of the week, I really do not know what would be best. Some help on that definitely needed :)
Maybe a Clean Race Bonus too of 5 points

This is for something new I would like to try John. We will know the track we are going to race at least a week beforehand, probably the tracks for the whole season. I am thinking 8 tracks per season, over 8 weeks. Open to Geezers and Friends.

I would love to participate but I have a incompatibility of time down here. (wife and work) I already take:
1 - Wednesdays ( from 10:30 PM to 2:30 am )
2 - Saturdays (from 11:30 am to 15:30 PM)
3 - Sundays (from 11:30 am to 15:30 PM)
(during the day light savings from Nov to Feb after that the lobbies starts at 2 hours before. That is much more civilized for me)

Can't we do that on Sundays? during the season period we use our Sundays geezer races for this project and then we came back to regular
geezers race after that. What you think?

Last edited:
Pole points for the first race,

I reckon that is possible. I have a spread sheet that can take care of all of that.

Plus we could also use the best results out of X number of races incase of guys who cannot race for one reason or another. For example in total there will be 16 races over the 8 week season, 2 no show days by someone would be best 12 races from the 16. So only our best 12 finishes would count.???

I would love to participate but I have a incompatibility of time down here. (wife and work) I already take:
1 - Wednesdays ( from 10:30 PM to 2:30 am )
2 - Saturdays (from 11:30 am to 15:30 PM)
3 - Sundays (from 11:30 am to 15:30 PM)
(during the day light savings from Nov to Feb after that the lobbies starts at 3 hours before. That is much more civilized for me)

Can't we do that on Sundays? during the season period we use our Sundays geezer races for this project and then we came back to regular
geezers race after that. What you think?

I like that idea! Maybe for the first hour we do our usual stuff. Next hour 30 we do the league, then roll onto our usual Blue Moon stint????? How would that work for our regular Sunday racers?

GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

If you will be 60 or older in 2018 you are invited to join the Geezer Club. Send Friend Request to GZR_Geezer1791
We hold regularly scheduled online races (See Below). We race cleanly and competitively but we place the highest value on fellowship, fun and making friends.
We almost all have headsets and enjoy good natured banter before, during and after the races.
If your looking for fun racing with a group that understands what you're talking about give us a try.

PSN ID of other Geezer Club Members:

Official Nurse & Honorary Member : @WhoosierGirl
Official Tuner & Honorary Member : @SW__10

wauk-azoo, stewyripper , mots63, zona99, gbo-possum, p_o_c_o_l_o_c_o, jw245732, dlone47, WheelerTurner, pepper_mallard,
paulmariner9, SCClockDr-GT5, Rock-n-Soul , karter995, skypilotrv4, pharlap7, P-Wiink, matilda1234, lionfan58, golf98, bobby2227,
oldboy1943, old_geezzer, elgcee42, Xposed2Play, gjohn3707, daduce1947, Qship, Ema-Nymton, Hairy-Dave, ukmalb, JotaFDuarte
ANFD, CHROMO13, fun-at-sixty, macdog54, mamann10, Whiteford48, MastrGT, Nail-27, ozirules12, Fanapryde, nosoks, thlogan, GTsail2,
Toppy_JOE, RAYCELYNE, RICKB5347, nordschleife1951, BawlmerBoy, imjimeez44, Oslaf510, FLYING_LOW56, HAYBALEKILLER, GZR_JRCRUISER,
cheeves1956, bgeezah, Valkyrie-mkd, JUPITER1955, GrandpaRocket, jab_2, Wolf-Dieter_GTRP, Geschimmel, TheGodfather53, Racin510_s,
legger27, acenbrone, jab1362, calveron, SterlingMoose, slo2know, serialf, GTP_DDiamond, buziil, V_FOURMAX, degaro, StevenKeeney
RavingBonkers, MacProTX1, gearmeister, GTX_NQX, josborn27, oldphart-JRC, edwt, SteveBeech12, jajo, BrownLotus, wer-pr-mr
Postal125, joshmelvette, FuzzWad007, Diver9543, wingit1,

Geezlings: Stumps_GTI (1/1/19), showmethepuppiz (1/1/21), oldgoat1047 (1/1/22), sparrowhawk1959 (1/1/19), coryclifford (1/1/35)

Hello Geezer Club Members. I have waited one whole year for this moment. I will be 60yrs old this year on the 19th March and I want to join in. Please send party invites when racing and work commitments allowing I will join you. Happy new year everybody. Regards Sparrowhawk1959.

Hello Geezer Club Members. I have waited one whole year for this moment. I will be 60yrs old this year on the 19th March and I want to join in. Please send party invites when racing and work commitments allowing I will join you. Happy new year everybody. Regards Sparrowhawk1959.

Hi Lee. Sunday racing is open to Geezers and Friends. If the room is not full on a Saturday, you can join us as we have, over the past couple of weeks, had a couple of friends join us. That will be dependant on the room host who is PMallard. You would need to be on his friends list.

Last edited:
Geezers and Friends Wednesday Night at the Racetrack. We will start at Suzuka x 5 laps. Cars will be: N700 1967 Chevy Nova ( purchase in Gran Turismo brand central $300,000.00. 74/100 power weight.) other cars are the N600 Viper GTS ‘13 and the 458 Italia ‘09. Room opens 7:30/6:30/4:30 Eastern/ Central/ Pacific. We will vote on car to use first race. Be there or be square. ( how’s that John) Later ladies!!
Are these cars dependant on whether Al can talk you into running different ones? :confused: :) :D

Hi. You are already a geezer. Welcome! :cheers::cheers:(Not to celebrate, but..) We have a race today, if you like to participate send a FR to @Oldgoat1047 :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back