GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,879 comments
5ED021A6-42B0-4400-B585-CA0235E3827D.jpeg

Good day gents,

Because the subject of "Overtaking" and "Racing Line" arose last eve, please save (or read here) and review attached National Auto Sport Association 2019.1, Rule 25.4 on page 82.
Here's the facts, a driver in the lead whether it be a full or portion of the car typically takes an outside to inside line through a corner, this is a typical driving line. The overtaking car attempts a pass on the inside knowing full well the leading cars "out to in" line and an incident happens causing the lead car be knocked off his line. IMHO the passing car has caused the incident, he should not have been there, ESPECIALLY in our Geezer races where we use boost. There are ample places to utilize draft and or boost to SAFELY pass on a straight. Now, "blocking" may be an argument and yes, the leading car should not block. When that leading car knows the car attempting a pass is doing so, he should "give up" the line - UNLESS giving up the line inhibits the leading car taking his line through the corner. In short, unless the overtaking car can SAFELY COMPLETE THE PASS BEFORE the corner he MUST relinquish and wait for the next opportunity. That said, we await your thoughts and comments and the BEST place to share them of course is within our racing lobby chat.
[EDIT] Here's a scenario to consider; we typically use "SAME CAR" racing, HP etc is the same Sooooo, let's say the overtaking car can complete only a portion of a pass - eg; the only part of his car may be the nose. Technically he's leading as we approach the corner BUT he's on the inside :mischievous:,, should that car be given the lead when he cannot carry proper speed on exit? - - OR - - is the car being overtaken who CAN maintain proper speed "give up" the line because the passing car has eeked the nose of his car into the lead?? Hmmmm,,,, :confused:

[Last edit] Apologys Stewey:embarrassed::cheers: , one track comes to mind where there's a number of corners that can be a touchy point of discussion - SUZUKA. We just need to remember we're NOT PRO racers. Pro's get away with alot of stuff amateur leagues would never allow.

Attachments

• National Auto Sport Assn_2019.1.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Good day gents,

Because the subject of "Overtaking" and "Racing Line" arose last eve, please save (or read here) and review attached National Auto Sport Association 2019.1, Rule 25.4 on page 82.
Here's the facts, a driver in the lead whether it be a full or portion of the car typically takes an outside to inside line through a corner, this is a typical driving line. The overtaking car attempts a pass on the inside knowing full well the leading cars "out to in" line and an incident happens causing the lead car be knocked off his line. IMHO the passing car has caused the incident, he should not have been there, ESPECIALLY in our Geezer races where we use boost. There are ample places to utilize draft and or boost to SAFELY pass on a straight. Now, "blocking" may be an argument and yes, the leading car should not block. When that leading car knows the car attempting a pass is doing so, he should "give up" the line - UNLESS giving up the line inhibits the leading car taking his line through the corner. In short, unless the overtaking car can SAFELY COMPLETE THE PASS BEFORE the corner he MUST relinquish and wait for the next opportunity. That said, we await your thoughts and comments and the BEST place to share them of course is within our racing lobby chat.
[EDIT] Here's a scenario to consider; we typically use "SAME CAR" racing, HP etc is the same Sooooo, let's say the overtaking car can complete only a portion of a pass - eg; the only part of his car may be the nose. Technically he's leading as we approach the corner BUT he's on the inside :mischievous:,, should that car be given the lead when he cannot carry proper speed on exit? - - OR - - is the car being overtaken who CAN maintain proper speed "give up" the line because the passing car has eeked the nose of his car into the lead?? Hmmmm,,,, :confused:

[Last edit] Apologys Stewey:embarrassed::cheers: , one track comes to mind where there's a number of corners that can be a touchy point of discussion - SUZUKA. We just need to remember we're NOT PRO racers. Pro's get away with alot of stuff amateur leagues would never allow.

Hmmm, reminds me of that replay I posted!

Good day gents,

Watch the first minute of this video

Last edited:
Saturday Geezer Races
8:30 AM ET (Qualify start @ 8:50 - First race @ 9:06 (ish)) (PS2)

Cars:
Gr.X - Dallara SF19 Honda or Toyota (PS3)
N500 - Road car of the week (Millage Exchange)
N400 - GT40 Mark I '66 ( I would like to use this car, but we will only use it if all participants already have, if one person don't have it we will not use, it's way too expansive) (PS1)
N300 - Shelby G.T.350 (PS1)

Cars will be set by its original power and weight (PS3)
After each race, 4th place decides the combo for next race (car and track) if the racer is in chat, if not I'll move to the next in chat.

Tires:
Dallara -> SS
Road Car -> RH
GT40 -> RH
GT 350 -> SS

Race will be set by time or laps (5 to 10 laps or 10 to 15 min depending on the length of the track)
Grid set by best lap on the Early Bird race (10 min qualify) then Results order fastest first

Boost = strong
Slipstream = real

No tire consumption
Race - Fuel will be set at 60 liters and 5x for all cars
Qualify - No Fuel or tire consumption

First Combo - Dallara + BlueMoon infield A

Final race @ Blue Moon (people in lobby decides what to do)

See ya there!

PS1 - For the N300 and N400 Tuning will be open (suggestion link bellow for a N300 and N400). Tuning is no mandatory.
PS2 - After qualify starts, there is no way to participate in that particular race. Late people will have to wait for the following race
PS3 - For the Dallara we will power it down to the minimum possible and maintain the weight in 100% (no tuning) with SS tires (we will play with that for a while, if it works we'll keep with it. I tried my self and it was very fun to drive and bring us the possibility of very close racing)
PS4 - There will be no time for tuning between races, i suggest to do it before race day (like, today) we will try to keep time between races to a minimum.
PS5 - By 8:50 we will start a qualification time to set the grid for the first race, then the grid order as above
PS6 - Lobby is friends only, if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, send a FR to PSN: GT-RaceAce

Last edited:
Sport Softs on the Dalleria will be fun. :D

Good car choices!

level up to 3 and then reduce the power to the minimum, it's fun, I think you will like it.

PS3 - For the Dallara we will power it down to the minimum possible and maintain the weight in 100% (no tuning) with SS tires (we will play with that for a while, if it works we'll keep with it. I tried my self and it was very fun to drive and bring us the possibility of very close racing)

GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

If you will be 60 or older in 2019 you are invited to join the Geezer Club. Send Friend Request to GZR_Geezer1791
We hold regularly scheduled online races (See Below). We race cleanly and competitively but we place the highest value on fellowship, fun and making friends.
We almost all have headsets and enjoy good natured banter before, during and after the races.
If your looking for fun racing with a group that understands what you're talking about give us a try.

PSN ID of other Geezer Club Members:

Official Nurse & Honorary Member : @WhoosierGirl
Official Tuner & Honorary Member : @SW__10

wauk-azoo, stewyripper , mots63, zona99, gbo-possum, p_o_c_o_l_o_c_o, jw245732, dlone47, WheelerTurner, pepper_mallard,
paulmariner9, SCClockDr-GT5, Rock-n-Soul , karter995, skypilotrv4, pharlap7, P-Wiink, matilda1234, lionfan58, golf98, bobby2227,
oldboy1943, old_geezzer, elgcee42, Xposed2Play, gjohn3707, daduce1947, Qship, Ema-Nymton, Hairy-Dave, ukmalb, JotaFDuarte
ANFD, CHROMO13, fun-at-sixty, macdog54, mamann10, Whiteford48, MastrGT, Nail-27, ozirules12, Fanapryde, nosoks, thlogan, GTsail2,
Toppy_JOE, RAYCELYNE, RICKB5347, nordschleife1951, BawlmerBoy, imjimeez44, Oslaf510, FLYING_LOW56, HAYBALEKILLER, GZR_JRCRUISER,
cheeves1956, bgeezah, Valkyrie-mkd, JUPITER1955, GrandpaRocket, jab_2, Wolf-Dieter_GTRP, Geschimmel, TheGodfather53, Racin510_s,
legger27, acenbrone, jab1362, calveron, SterlingMoose, slo2know, serialf, GTP_DDiamond, buziil, V_FOURMAX, degaro, StevenKeeney
RavingBonkers, MacProTX1, gearmeister, GTX_NQX, josborn27, oldphart-JRC, edwt, SteveBeech12, jajo, BrownLotus, wer-pr-mr
Postal125, joshmelvette, FuzzWad007, Diver9543, wingit1, Stumps_GTI, sparrowhawk1959, ZOPPO--GT, Revolutionkiter, xptpete

Geezlings: showmethepuppiz (1/1/21), oldgoat1047 (1/1/22), coryclifford (1/1/35), a estes (???)

OK Here's a silly question - how do I send a friend request? Via this forum or within GTS?

level up to 3 and then reduce the power to the minimum, it's fun, I think you will like it.

It was outstanding fun, Thanks Luiz for coming up with something we've not considered, making simple yet fun and interesting changes to the norm. We had a great time racing this car. Now,, what to come up with next!

7E534357-10DD-43F3-A012-37DEA265969F.jpeg
I’m so sorry about Sunday. My father in-law got up about 4:30am Sunday to use the bathroom and took a head dive into his dresser. Had to take him to the hospital. Now we’re back in urgent care because his bump on his head became a bad one. This is how he looks right now. I’m really sorry I wasn’t able to open the lobby.

View attachment 846294 I’m so sorry about Sunday. My father in-law got up about 4:30am Sunday to use the bathroom and took a head dive into his dresser. Had to take him to the hospital. Now we’re back in urgent care because his bump on his head became a bad one. This is how he looks right now. I’m really sorry I wasn’t able to open the lobby.
Hope all the best

View attachment 846294 I’m so sorry about Sunday. My father in-law got up about 4:30am Sunday to use the bathroom and took a head dive into his dresser. Had to take him to the hospital. Now we’re back in urgent care because his bump on his head became a bad one. This is how he looks right now. I’m really sorry I wasn’t able to open the lobby.
Sorry about your FILaw's fall, tell him the Geezers understand and wish him a speedy recovery.

Wednesday Night Geezers. PORSCHE and since I skipped it, The PAGANI ZONDA R ‘09. ( Are you happy Stella?). Start at St. Croix B in the PAGANI ZONDA. RM. No tune X 4 laps. After that the next fella to pick car,laps, track, and tires. Crash bang at the end. Lobby opens 6:30 central...LATER LADS...

Back