GT Sport Mode need a Penalty fix asap, please Polyphony Digital...

Should the penalty system Get a fix

• Yes

Votes: 180 87.8%
  • No

Votes: 25 12.2%

• Total voters
When you get hit and it's not your fault, ie you don't get a time penalty or SR Down on screen,

I'm going to contradict that!! I didn't play that much over the last couple days but got a chance to devote time today. Every time some touches me, I get a 1 second penalty and SR down.

WTF??

Obviously the game is dealing blame since the other drivers are getting 5 - 10 second penalties, but why dole out 1 second to the victim? My ratings have been roasted over the past few days. If the intention was to reduce bad driving, it's not working.

I am inches away from quitting the game for good, the penalty system is that poor.
As soon as I reached 75000 DR, 2nd place punts me in th next race, DR plummets.
Today in Nations Cup, someone punts me in qualifying (yes qualifying), in race hit 8 times by other drivers but I get the penalties, and someone in middle of last corner reduced pen by slowing down right in front of me - 10 second pen.
Currently on 72000 DR and 65 S. I could be reset to B/S! Speaking of 'BS,' that's a perfect abbreviation for how the current penalty system works.

I completely understand your feelings. And the penalties you get for being punted off track after contact is salt in the wound. The game knows what happened since it just doled out a penalty. It can forgive an off track excursion.

I sincerely hope 1.16 brings a fix to this because this change was a terrible idea.

guys I remind you that they are always updating and adjusting to the system and are continuously testing in game to see where to intervene, so it is still far from the optimal:idea:.
It's always a new system and, as I'm going to repeat, it will be optimized in the long run so expect other balances with the next updates and keep giving your feedback:gtpflag:👍
maybe some of the people that complain about the penalty system every day will review the game before buying it.. that won't work.. there so shallow in real life that they feel important when complaining.

I'm going to contradict that!! I didn't play that much over the last couple days but got a chance to devote time today. Every time some touches me, I get a 1 second penalty and SR down.

WTF??

Obviously the game is dealing blame since the other drivers are getting 5 - 10 second penalties, but why dole out 1 second to the victim? My ratings have been roasted over the past few days. If the intention was to reduce bad driving, it's not working.

It doesn't happen often but yes sometimes you get punted and don't get a penalty :)

Dragontrail is 'fun' again. One race I got screwed by a quitter. He activates autodrive (options menu) which immediately swerves into the racing, where I am. I get SR Down and 3 seconds penalty, his car disappears after. -5 SR after the race.

Last race a 1 bar connection screwed me over. First he lags into the car in front, instantly slows, I hit him, car behind me hits me, 4 sec penalty. Then I fall in behind a car at the next corner yet a car coming from behind lets off the brake too early and runs into my back. I can't drive through the car in front of me... Another 1 second.

Then at the bus stop chicane the laggy driver insists on going side by side although he just came out of a scrape with the wall and is half a car behind. I'm on the left (he swerved right in front of me after hitting the wall) and now all the way on the inside at the exit of the first chicane, he still clips me with his front bumper. I have to slow down now to make the second corner and he lags into me, punt, another 3 seconds. -13 SR for that race...

Sure the other cars all got a bigger penalty, yet my race was done, spun around after the bus stop with 7 seconds penalty. I made up 2 places from other people getting screwed, -990 DR.

The game really needs to ghost laggy connections. Cars jumping around in lap 1 always cause chaos.

maybe some of the people that complain about the penalty system every day will review the game before buying it.. that won't work.. there so shallow in real life that they feel important when complaining.

Wow, I don't know if I have ever read such a thoughtless post on this forum in years, and that's saying a lot.

Please, tell us "complainers" how we are supposed to "review" a game based on an update that is applied to that game six months after we have purchased it? By the way, I may be shallow, but I know the difference between "there" and "their".

On the bright side, they seem to have sorted out blame fairly well. I haven't received an undeserved penalty yet, in that I haven't received 5 or 10 seconds for someone else's mistake. But the penalties NEEEEEEEED to be applied the same across the board to all DR and SR levels. No sport in the world has different penalties for different skill levels within the same event.

Pls tell us how to review a game witch is constantly updated. Seems to me that you are the shallow one by making such a pointless comment. Have a nice day.

I'm no programmer but clearly the game physics understands if you're entering a corner too fast and as a result you lose traction. In saying that shouldn't the penalty system be tied to this ie if someone in 4th 5th etc approaching T1 at a speed that will result in them losing control however they use the cars in front to slow down the system has a number of checks it completes before issuing penalties. Check 1 is the speed of the car above maximum traction limit, if yes does this car hit another car or 4 if yes then issue an appropriate penalty. Conversely the hit car/s should have the same checks completed. They same sort of "checks" could be applied to those who enjoying brake checking. Lastly regardless of the level of penalty you receive you should a limited window of time to clear it or it starts to accrue. Just my 2 cents worth

What should be done with the penalties. Is once a penalty is incurred you are ghosted,placed in auto drive at a certain speed to serve the penalty then once the penalty is served you remain ghosted until a safe racing position is available. Just my 2 cents. Makes sense to me no matter how crappy the penalty system is

I got a huge penalty in the below for crashing (25 seconds), as I think the game thought I cut the corner. Technically I did, but it was not intentional as I was out of control and travelling backwards :lol:

Getting real fruatrated about this now. I was always and most S driver iam now not getting back when i was punted and ramded bavk to c in one race after the race. And its not only the system there are so many dirty idiots in b/c and overal because in S i where destroyd in 1 race so yeah. First of all all the dirty drivers need to die. Slowly please..... Dont get why these people like to plat a game like that.

Yeah well, great system...
Lago Maggiore today was a mess. People causing and serving penalties everywhere :boggled:

Exactly the same happened to me.
All of my recent ventures into Sport mode started with a mess. First race today with two slight taps without any consequences, one from me and one from a driver aside, netted me a total of 15 sec of penalty ... game over ! After two wins and a podium my fifth race turned out like the first.
One guy rocketed ( :lol: ) through the whole grid after the start and shot right through me in T1. 10 sec into the race and 10 sec of penalty, another 5 sec from a dude who brakechecked me on the backstraight ... game over !
Pls PD, I'm no whiner but it starts to get demotivating :irked: !

a little off topic, but who here plays project cars 2 online on ps4, i would like to know how it compares to gt sport online ??? is it better ???

a little off topic, but who here plays project cars 2 online on ps4, i would like to know how it compares to gt sport online ??? is it better ???
I'm going to take a guess that a lot of people here do

WTF??.

In every "collision" both parties are penalized, regardless of DR. If you are at fault you will get 3-5 seconds, if you are not then it is 1 second.

Last edited:
If you are at fault you will get 3-5 seconds, if you are not then it is 1 second.

That's not correct.
1. The penalty system CAN NOT detect "fault". You get a 10 sec penalty if you touch someone's rear, no matter whether you are too fast or the driver ahead brakechecks you.
2. Btw who is at fault when the system awards a 10 sec penalty ... the system itself :odd: ?

That's not correct.
1. The penalty system CAN NOT detect "fault". You get a 10 sec penalty if you touch someone's rear, no matter whether you are too fast or the driver ahead brakechecks you.
2. Btw who is at fault when the system awards a 10 sec penalty ... the system itself :odd: ?
Well, the notes from 1.15 say it can...

teramoto_pd:
Hi Everyone,

The penalty judgements have been updated in the last update.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/world/gtsport/news/00_4814515.html

- Depending on the player's network environment, the communications time lag (where a car's position moves or wavers momentarily) was creating a large increase in collision speed, even when it only appeared to be a slight/mild collision incident to the player . As a result, the penalty judgement system was overreacting to these incidents. We have now adjusted the penalty judgement standard to alleviate this issue.

- Reduction of the additional time penalties applied when a time penalty is ignored.

- Collisions between players with DR A or higher apply a penalty to both players involved, but we will be adding a fault adjustment to this time penalty.

- If a car pushes another car into a wall, the penalty applied to the player of the car that caused the incident will now be more severe;

- In a collision between two cars, the car behind will no longer receive a more severe penalty;

- A Time Penalty will no longer be applied to cars spinning out of control;

- No penalties for collisions will be applied while a Time Penalty is counting down. (*In a future update, we plan to make cars under such condition semi-transparent);

- Cars over a lap behind will now be ghosted depending on the distance from the player's car.

We apologize for the overly strict penalty judgement this had caused.

The penalty system will continue to be improved, so if you find judgement in certain situations that you do not find justified, it would be great if you could report it on this thread.
It will be easier to evaluate when is a movie attached, so when you make a report please attack a replay movie if you can.
(Please try using limited publication links on Youtube)

The current penalty judgments take into account the following:

- The Penalty Judgement system monitors the on-track conditions for some time after a contact/collision, and determines a penalty after seeing the resulting conditions of the drivers involved after the collision.

Please note that the severity of the penalty judgment differs / increases depending on your DR.

The following improvements to the penalty system is planned for the future:

- Improvements to penalty judgments when network lag is occurring.
- Notification of penalty information for both parties involved in an incident.

Please look forward to further improvements in the future for more precise incident and penalty judgments.
Thank you.

And it seems, in my experience, that since 1.15 this is the case...

+4secs.... Mitch got +1secs IIRC

Mitch got 10 sec IIRC. Asked you just to show @Robben that this v

- In a collision between two cars, the car behind will no longer receive a more severe penalty;

for example, does not apply ... like almost anything else. A long way to go to adjust this penalty system.

for example, does not apply ... like almost anything else. A long way to go to adjust this penalty system.

Were you in the race too? Didn't even notice you haha maybe you were too far ahead of us

Were you in the race too? Didn't even notice you haha maybe you were too far ahead of us

No, but I watched the video he posted and think I remember his penalty correctly, with the exact same thing happening to me :lol: ...

Although I was driving the Atenza, I am not Greek and my name isn't Jackal haha

OMG, watched it this morning and forgot the driver's name. Sorry for the confusion, thought you were referring to that. OK, DELETE ALL OF MY LAST 3 POSTS :nervous:.

It should say 'by default' at the end of that sentence :)

You got the video of our incident? :gtpflag:

I saved the replay, so I can cut our "incident" in a short clip. I just didn't press the share button, so we won't see the penalties (which were ridiculous btw) ;)

And I think we both ended the race with 5secs to spare!? :ill:

Back