GT Sport Mode need a Penalty fix asap, please Polyphony Digital...

Should the penalty system Get a fix

• Yes

Votes: 180 87.8%
  • No

Votes: 25 12.2%

• Total voters
The SR drop thresholds are 5 SR below each SR level, e.g. SR B is 40 to 64, and the 'dropping into SR C' threshold is at 35.

I'm not sure what DR test it does now. One guess at a fixed version for the 40k reset would be simply:

IF (SRpre >= 60 AND SRpost < 60 AND DR > 40000) THEN DR = 40000

so that's just checking that DR won't be increased. But it could be higher, say DR > 50000 (which would be true for the two cases I've seen reported so far). Obviously, people are more likely to notice and post about it when they have lost a significant amount of DR!
Oh, so it is simply based on dropping X amount of SR points/brackets? So, even if you are CS and drop to CC you will suffer a reset?

I may be wrong but I thought it was based on dropping 2 SR levels below your DR level (i.e from SS to SB, from AS to AC etc...)

Oh, so it is simply based on dropping X amount of SR points/brackets? So, even if you are CS and drop to CC you will suffer a reset?

I may be wrong but I thought it was based on dropping 2 SR levels below your DR level (i.e from SS to SB, from AS to AC etc...)

If you were DR C you wouldn't normally have >15000 DR though, that's DR B ;) BS dropping to BC might see a reset:

IF (SRpre >= 35 AND SRpost < 35 AND DR > 15000) THEN DR = 15000

But like I say, I don't know how high that DR test is yet. It could be that only AS would trigger that one, falling to BC:

IF (SRpre >= 35 AND SRpost < 35 AND DR > 30000) THEN DR = 15000

That DR part of the test has always existed: pre 1.15, it's what prevented people with <20000 DR from getting a reset upwards to 50000.

Remember the dev for GT Sport on the PS forum said this:

"The penalty system will continue to be improved, so if you find judgement in certain situations that you do not find justified, it would be great if you could report it on this thread.
It will be easier to evaluate when is a movie attached, so when you make a report please attack a replay movie if you can.
(Please try using limited publication links on Youtube)"

Just wanted to put a reminder since we know they are watching that thread, or so they say;)

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/GT-Sport/Regarding-penalty-judgements/m-p/25604944

It will probably be criticized again, if not deleted, like my last post on there. Anyway posted my latest compilation of penalties

I was racing on Dragon Trail one night and started out as A/S or A/A, can't remember. All was going well except for the silly contact penalties from others. Started one race as B/C and came out as D/E, WTF. I got punted back into the midfield madness and wasn't paying attention, just trying to survive the battering I was taking. Before I knew it I looked up and my penalties were at 17 sec and climbing. This is so demoralizing that this could happen mainly through the fault of others. It really makes me not want to play the game. The other night all I did was run qualifying as I know if I entered the races it wasn't going to end well.

Have never had a DR reset up so I can't speak on that. But damn to get knocked down to D/E. Every time they change the penalty system it seems they create more problems. As much as I like this game I might have to just take a break and hope they fix this BS. As I and others have stated, the penalties have to apply the same to everyone regardless of rank. That would solve 90% of the problems right there I believe.

It will probably be criticized again, if not deleted, like my last post on there. Anyway posted my latest compilation of penalties

Sven, with all of the data you have gathered I'm sure the guys here would appreciate your feedback:

Remember the dev for GT Sport on the PS forum said this:

"The penalty system will continue to be improved, so if you find judgement in certain situations that you do not find justified, it would be great if you could report it on this thread.
It will be easier to evaluate when is a movie attached, so when you make a report please attack a replay movie if you can.
(Please try using limited publication links on Youtube)"

Just wanted to put a reminder since we know they are watching that thread, or so they say;)

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/GT-Sport/Regarding-penalty-judgements/m-p/25604944

Sven, with all of the data you have gathered I'm sure the guys here would appreciate your feedback:

I don't know. I posted there a few times, including a suggestion for a better way to determine SR and that post was deleted...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/a-better-way-to-calculate-sr.376898/

The lack of information from PD is frustrating. No idea what rules the penalty system uses, it might as well be a roll of the dice...
Luckily Suzuka was very clean today. Of course there were still a few "1 sec for you too" penalties when someone bumps you from behind and this
ulYO6aB.gif

Have 5 sec for the other car turning in too soon / not slowing enough.

Anyway my latest post hasn't been deleted yet :)

Tonight I did my fia Manufactures race,Once again it was pledged by penalties. I got six penalties of two seconds each three of them were contacts that other players hit me and three were from breaking hard to avoid contacts putting some tires in the grass and You guessed it a penalty,The name Gran Turismo the real driving simulator has now been lost.....I am putting the game down till the next update

Wow, that compilation is all the proof pd should need to see that their system is heavily flawed. Not one instance shown were you in a faulty situation, but rather the victim every time. The fact that penalties are being issued to you at all is ridiculous in many of those examples. I have just about shelved the Sport section if GT Sport until something changes. Sim racing to me is a way to relax and enjoy some competitive racing. This is just frustrating and stirs up anger every ime I try to run a sport race. Hopefully changes are coming.

Wow, that compilation is all the proof pd should need to see that their system is heavily flawed. Not one instance shown were you in a faulty situation, but rather the victim every time. The fact that penalties are being issued to you at all is ridiculous in many of those examples. I have just about shelved the Sport section if GT Sport until something changes. Sim racing to me is a way to relax and enjoy some competitive racing. This is just frustrating and stirs up anger every ime I try to run a sport race. Hopefully changes are coming.

Hurray! Hurray!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: Sound the Trompets!!:cheers: Changes are coming!!!!!:gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

Oh no!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead: False Alarm!!!!!! :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:👎👎👎👎 It´s just a Dream!!!!! :guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty: Back to GTA 🤬🤬🤬 Nigtmare!!! :yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:

Maybe in another life.... :eek::eek::eek::indiff::indiff::indiff::indiff::indiff::indiff::indiff::indiff::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hurray! Hurray!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: Sound the Trompets!!:cheers: Changes are coming!!!!!:gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

Oh no!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead: False Alarm!!!!!! :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:👎👎👎👎 It´s just a Dream!!!!! :guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty: Back to GTA 🤬🤬🤬 Nigtmare!!! :yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:

Maybe in another life.... :eek::eek::eek::indiff::indiff::indiff::indiff::indiff::indiff::indiff::indiff::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

After seeing that video, And your comment about back to GTA, I'm starting to believe that racing in GTA was cleaner than it is on GT:Sport, PD need to get their fingers out of their 🤬 and fix this its beyond a joke.

I think all these debates about penalty system are getting kind of dead end.
Most of us don't have the skills of pro races drives, so can't properly judge the situation and reactions are slow. We drive staring at a screen in front of us, can't really see what's on the sides of the car. Ok, the radar may help, but that's only a substitute to reality, while driving with chase cam, wow, that's weird - to me at least.
When it comes to dense traffic, the only situations which is clear enough is bumping or getting bumped. Anything else, so driving side by side, undercuts, etc must be managed blind, more or less.
Sometimes I have real clean races, sometimes it's pretty much the opposite. Like yesterday Nurburgring, SR S field but still met some Aston guy bumping and pushing everywhere. But it happens. When PD started to tweak the penalty system, I got kicked down to SR E, was upset, but then I climbed back to S (ok, sometimes it is A but the back to S again, so it's ok). Was it the penalty system changing? Or was it me, changing style and driving with more common sense? I'd say the latter had bigger stack in it. Probably more strict penalties made me drive more cautios.
Yes, sometimes you feel exhausted and fed up, but come on, it is just a game, I think most of us don't and won't make a fortune on it, so it is as it is.

I think all these debates about penalty system are getting kind of dead end.
"Most of us don't have the skills of pro races drives, so can't properly judge the situation and reactions are slow. We drive staring at a screen in front of us, can't really see what's on the sides of the car. Ok, the radar may help, but that's only a substitute to reality, while driving with chase cam, wow, that's weird - to me at least.
When it comes to dense traffic, the only situations which is clear enough is bumping or getting bumped. Anything else, so driving side by side, undercuts, etc must be managed blind, more or less.
Sometimes I have real clean races, sometimes it's pretty much the opposite. Like yesterday Nurburgring, SR S field but still met some Aston guy bumping and pushing everywhere. But it happens. When PD started to tweak the penalty system, I got kicked down to SR E, was upset, but then I climbed back to S (ok, sometimes it is A but the back to S again, so it's ok). Was it the penalty system changing? Or was it me, changing style and driving with more common sense? I'd say the latter had bigger stack in it. Probably more strict penalties made me drive more cautios.
Yes, sometimes you feel exhausted and fed up, but come on, it is just a game, I think most of us don't and won't make a fortune on it, so it is as it is.

"Yes, sometimes you feel exhausted and fed up, but come on, it is just a game, I think most of us don't and won't make a fortune on it, so it is as it is"
Blah... Blah... Blahhh!!!

Of course it´s a game... but it also pretends to be a simulation...where you should get the feel and behaviour close to real... not the feeling to playing bumping cars, Death Race, Carmageddon 2000, or GTA online... An that is mostly the feel... a game with DON´T want to Play!!! That is not the Game we´ve paid and were expecting to play!!!

(I hope you like Armin Van Buuren.. I do! :) )

No offence, but I dont get the point buddy... Blah blah you say? Well maybe it is.
But if you consider this game as a simulator then brace yourself and drive like those folks at Weathertech or Blancpain GT series:) The races will be smooth and clean then. Mostly:D

No offence, but I dont get the point buddy... Blah blah you say? Well maybe it is.
But if you consider this game as a simulator then brace yourself and drive like those folks at Weathertech or Blancpain GT series:) The races will be smooth and clean then. Mostly:D
You liked the music!!!! I know you did!! Common!!! Confess! :) :D:D:D:D:D

Simulator lol, what is it simulating here :)

The penalties were very relaxed, at least in T1, or maybe because not many DR.A dared to enter, mostly B/S to D/S in that video. Also a lot of early ghosting prevented more mess. Yet how have the penalties improved behavior lol.

There were still people getting dropped to SR.A and even one to SR.D in all the races I did. I managed to stick to SR.S. Only 1 red rating in 12 races, the one where I got 10 sec penalty for swerving for a car braking for a penalty, then someone swerve blocking later at the last moment.

The experts can calculate how many seconds of penalties could have been given for these actions? ;)

I'm betting ~3 minutes worth of penalties altogether :)

Although... It must be said: That's the dirtiest professional driving I've ever seen in my life. Not hard racing at all

One guy was servicing a penalty in the middle of the road outside of a high speed turn today.

I had to swerve off the road to avoid him. Even though I was one of two people in the race to not get a penalty, my SR rating still went down.

I've said it before, I'll say it again...

Stop deluding yourself that PD will ever get automated stewarding right. They might get it a bit better. They will never get it right.

If you want clean racing, join SNAIL (or another serious sim League). Race in rooms that are run by humans. That are stewarded by ALL the racers. That will kick and ban persistent violators.

Sport Mode will never be clean.

I really hope some one from pd see this video
I hope too, I get the same issues very often, especially penalty without contact, it takes away the fun of scaring the driver ahead "oh this brazilian is gonna hit me" while braking just enough to be a few inches away from the bumper.

I've said it before, I'll say it again...

Stop deluding yourself that PD will ever get automated stewarding right. They might get it a bit better. They will never get it right.

If you want clean racing, join SNAIL (or another serious sim League). Race in rooms that are run by humans. That are stewarded by ALL the racers. That will kick and ban persistent violators.

Sport Mode will never be clean.
Are you in one?

Last night I got a 5 sec penalty ,When I was getting hit and blocked by another player so I reported him sorry I don’t have the reply I don’t understand why I get a penalty when someone else is driving like a madman the computer system must have a way to judge better, So as of now I have put the game down if I play it’s lobby races and off-line

Back