GT Sport servers are awfull

Ireland
Ireland
Hi all how can this be a ESport sim if the servers keep dying I have entered around 4 or 5 sport mode races and the servers have died 50 to 70 percent of the time. Anyone else experiencing this?

Would you rather them have these issues at the official global launch, or a few days before with controlled stress-testing like now to iron out the issues and load balancing etc? I know what I'd want if I were in their shoes!

I understand that but it's the full game underneath a 43 gig demo seriously. The full product is going to use the same servers.
Exactly. The game code may end up the same/similar, but it's testing the network etc.

As others have said, this is just a demo and they're likely using it as a way of testing the server load too. There are always going to be server issues close to a game launch but it's better to get some of the issues out of the way early by testing on a demo.

I'm not disputing the fact that's the idea of the demo but givin the track record of previous servers and gt games I can't see it getting much better. Gt6 had the issue of players not seeing one another online that was supposed to be fixed and never was. I'm hoping for the best. Not optimistic about it tho because of previous online issues I will believe it when I see it

I’ve just got gold on Mission Challenge stage 6 events 6+7 but it said unable to save due to network error :banghead::banghead:🤬
Not sure if this will work, but, press the PS button to go to the PS4 system menu, press options on the game highlighted, and then use the upload feature there. That might just save your bacon. I did that this morning and it seemed to do the trick.

lol i know. All I wanted to do was play and it told me 11hr download... Came back the next day when it as done and it told me servers are down for maintenance... Gonna try again today and hope I even get to play this time. If servers are down you can't even do anything too, which was the most annoying.

lol i know. All I wanted to do was play and it told me 11hr download... Came back the next day when it as done and it told me servers are down for maintenance... Gonna try again today and hope I even get to play this time. If servers are down you can't even do anything too, which was the most annoying.
Don't try now then

Not sure if this will work, but, press the PS button to go to the PS4 system menu, press options on the game highlighted, and then use the upload feature there. That might just save your bacon. I did that this morning and it seemed to do the trick.

Cheers for that but as I was just getting gold on number 4 the servers came back on so all is well :bowdown:

It does show a heavy dependence on the servers and internet, when the servers are down the game essentially a brick, it seems every aspect of the game is relying on connections to the servers or internet, I think this will also be a issue with the full game, its achilles heel or at least a big annoyance.

I understand it's a Open Beta/Demo but I pray to God that stupid ass "You have to be online to save" leaves with upon the final product arrival. Apparently I lost all my liveries and progress just now after that last maintenance even though before it my progress transferred over...

I hope it doesn't happen at day one launch...
I understand it's a Open Beta/Demo but I pray to God that stupid ass "You have to be online to save" leaves with the final product. Apparently I lost all my liveries and progress just now after that last maintenance even though before it my progress transferred over...
Couldn't said it better, it's my only gripes of GTS

Once again down

Edit, back up and servers reset back.
Had gold missions 6-1 through 6-6

Now I have bronze 6-1 gold 6-2 that's it

I understand it's a Open Beta/Demo but I pray to God that stupid ass "You have to be online to save" leaves with upon the final product arrival. Apparently I lost all my liveries and progress just now after that last maintenance even though before it my progress transferred over...

It's probably a way to try to prevent savefile editing.

One would have thought, Maybe PD should have done an open beta alot sooner to iron out all the server issues seeing as the game is heavily reliant on the servers actually working.

Back