GT Sport to not feature single player 'career' events/races?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Samus, May 23, 2016.

?

How would you feel if there was no traditional single player 'career' in GT Sport?

Poll closed Nov 23, 2016.
  1. Not happy and I won't buy a GT game without one

199 vote(s)
    43.7%
  2. Not happy but i'll still buy a GT game without one

181 vote(s)
    39.8%
  3. I don't mind, if one is there I'll play it but prefer online

50 vote(s)
    11.0%
  4. I don't care at all, I don't want/need a single player career, will play online

25 vote(s)
    5.5%
  1. Tornado

Tornado

I'm not so sure. They will probably take the time to implement more content, but an offline career mode is just menus and interface changes on top of what they already would have. It's something they could have done with post release patches rather than something they'd need to delay the game for.

Imari likes this.
  2. bnf577

bnf577

I don’t need many of events.
    I want race create mode than it.

Tajima, queleuleu and TeamCZRRacing like this.
  3. queleuleu

queleuleu

Why not both ^^

4. SynGamer

SynGamer

If there is no offline career, I'll be canceling my CE pre-order. I'm not paying $80-90 (in Canada) for an online game...

queleuleu and Master Weasel like this.
  5. familyipad31

familyipad31

In another topic, does anyone know if PD will at least make cars tuneable and customisable?

6. daus26

daus26

Apart from a few tweaks and settings, they said, we won't be able to tune cars like before in a way like previous GT in which we can buy turbo and suspension.... which makes sense since there isn't any indication of a career mode and it keeps competition tight and fair for online, which seems to be the focus.

It's all basically :(

Godarm likes this.
  7. Sharpie

Sharpie

That is only for race cars regular cars are going to be customized.

8. Samus

Samus

No. No 1000hp Skylines is what Kaz said.

9. RSKS240

RSKS240

Dont buy this game off no offline mode or lan play. These guys are known to pull servers offline after they get our money!!!

10. AKps3

AKps3

I will buy It day1!
    Who are you to tell people what they should buy and what not?

GTPVenomZombie, RoadRageDudez and ss3 like this.
  11. Mike_grpA

Mike_grpA

I'm not even remotely interested in an online only racing game, which is why I won't be buying GTS, but I agree with @AKps3, why would you tell other people what to buy? Some people like the idea of GTS, so let them have it.

AKps3 likes this.
  12. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

He's obviously just sharing his opinion. No need to nitpick at his poor choice of words.

defoncateur3k and Gazronicus like this.
  13. Mike_grpA

Mike_grpA

Be fair Johnny, he's not saying he doesn't like the idea, or he won't be buying, he's flat out just saying "don't buy this game", and claiming PD are "known to pull servers offline after they get our money!!!", which is ridiculous. They shut down the servers after almost three and a half years, which is perfectly fine. They didn't just grab everyone's money and then shut the servers down, as was suggested. The GT5 servers were open for five months after GT6 was released, which is more than fair.

Considering by the time GTS is released, the GT6 servers will have been operational for over three and a half years, and the fact that GTS is online only, and heavily focused on Esports, I think it's fair to assume the GTS servers will be online for at least 4 years. The cost of GTS, even at launch, is nothing to someone who wants an Esports racing sim on console. Compare it to how much it would cost to run iRacing for four years with enough content to have some variety.

Edit: As I said, it's not for me, so I don't plan to buy it. But I won't come here screaming "don't buy this game because it doesn't have what I want in it!!!!!1!", and if I did, I'd expect people to pull me up on that kind of nonsense.

14. Tornado

Tornado

It's your fault that you waited until 2012 to buy GT5. Sony has no obligation to keep the servers up for a game indefinitely.

15. Robbks

Robbks

...... Bolded for incorrect-ness.

Looking at 35 different "Circuit Experiences" just in "Campaign" mode.
    And how do we know that each "Experience" is not a multi-event/ multi circuit Championship. Like GT has always had.

Take GT6 and how it's events are bundled into of 64 (?) separate "Cups, Championships"
    E.g
    "Sunday Cup" consists of 2 races.
    "Tuned Car Festival", 3 races
    "GT National Championship", 5 races.

Then the Mission races we've seen in the past.
    GTSport shows 62 of those.
    ANd Take GT4 for example and it's "Special Condition" races.
    they were some of the best races, with only one other opponent.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-6-career-races-list.291309/

[​IMG]

marcvic likes this.
  16. RodolphoPNeto

RodolphoPNeto

Look, it's all good, a lot of people today are mostly interested in mp and it's pretty clear that this is where the focus of all games will be.

Some people (like me) grew up with single player, or playing a platformer or beat'em up with a friend in the same room, but i see how this is outdated now and that's ok.

Changes are uncomfortable, but GTS will be a fine game. I won't be getting into it, for the first time in my life. Until then, i'll check out AC when it's matured, the next pCars...

Maybe in the future, while they bank on GTS, they'll use the time and its platform to create something big and call it GT7... it does sound like it could happen, doesn't it?

One thing i know for sure - it is pointless and a bit ridiculous to argue and try to "win" over what is good or bad about GT since personal preferences don't mean jack to someone else :lol:

:cheers:

17. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

I think it's a scary thought to racing gamers everywhere to think that Forza Motorsport is the only series left with a decent singleplayer element.

Sick Cylinder likes this.
  18. bremics

bremics

Eh, Project CARS' is arguable better. The only issue I have is that after every race it needs 5 minutes to save.

Johnnypenso likes this.
  19. Mike_grpA

Mike_grpA

C'mon, those are pretty obviously just re-branded licence tests. That's not a single player career. The first post in this thread shows that these things are just like the licence tests of old games. Sure, technically they're available offline, but so is the "skirmish" mode in Star Wars Battlefront. That doesn't mean either of these games is anything but an online only game. The offline bit in both is a minuscule percentage of the game. No more than fluff.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    mister dog and cjr3559 like this.
  20. 05XR8

05XR8

You're lucky if yours saved. Mine stopped saving to my XBONE after a couple months.

21. GordonS

GordonS

Nah. GT Sport is so much better. /s

How can you be sure? It's not even out yet.
    :odd:

22. Samus

Samus

He was saying he thought pCARS career was better than Forza, as mentioned in the post previous to his.

The images in the OP seem to have gone walkies but they showed that Circuit Experience were just short, single experiences to learn the tracks. Obviously things could have changed since then but as of now, no, they're not racing championships.

EDIT:

[​IMG]

Pretty clear what it is (and isn't).

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    GTPVenomZombie, Imari, Robbks and 4 others like this.
  23. daus26

daus26

I enjoy license tests in past GTs, but I'm not sure I like it so much as to making it the main career mode in the game. All evidence has lead to this, and all he says is that it's a complete GT game that follows the tradition and spirit of past GT all the way back since GT1. How can any GT fan agree to this? There's nothing traditional about GT Sport.

24. nickg07

nickg07

So is there a dealership and tuning shop?

I miss the Nismo tuning shop:/

25. bremics

bremics

Not sure on tuning shops, but I'm pretty sure there's a dealership because of that pre-order bonus about credits.

26. ss3

ss3

I think there will be a dealership because they said a car make championship it kibda matches The theme and no tuning considering all players cars are ment to be close enough for it to be fair no matter what at the choose.

27. Samus

Samus

Brand Central are the new dealerships.

AgentBlackDog, bremics and ss3 like this.
  28. ss3

ss3

Thanks @Samus

29. 05XR8

05XR8

Wonder if there will be any rally tests. GT2/3/4 had a plethora of rally events. Since rally(not rally X) is mainly about racing against the clock, this portion of the game must have more than a couple events.

The Gr.B cars seem scarce, but if we can customize cars to suite(there's a Mustang rally car for heaven's sake) eg; Audi R8, Porsche 911, Alfa MiTo, this could be a popular category.

30. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

Now you've given my an idea. What about an Audi TT Group B?